Hash Mode

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

IntelPenny4

Hash Mode

Post by IntelPenny4 »

what is this hash mode i have been hearing about?????

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Hash Mode

Post by Feralkiwi »

The PayTV providers chnage the way the encode encrypted powervu channels (Hash Mode) to defeat the hack that allows units like Freesat to view PowerVu.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

IntelPenny4

Post by IntelPenny4 »

ok so is this something to worry about??? will the STB stop working soon then?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The PayTV providers will keep making changes to protect their product.

Yes in the end the PayTv provider will win and you will need to pay to get those channels.
That is the way it works.

MTN has gone this way some time back.
Enjoy what you can for now.
The Free to air channels will still be there so your box will still have purpose.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

IntelPenny4

Post by IntelPenny4 »

STOP your scaring me :(

necromars

Post by necromars »

soon there will be no firmware updates...

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Has the Hash changed on 9e, NO LONGER clearing with latest update.

Den

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

IntelPenny4 wrote:what is this hash mode i have been hearing about?????
I heard that it's the algorithm with which an encryption uses to encrypt a channel, hasmode say 24. When that one gets cracked they may opt to go a step further to say 25 thus the cracked one with 24 won't be able to decrypt till 25 gets hacked.

voyager1972

Post by voyager1972 »

hasmodes updated on sunday night during superbowl,,,,,,,,,,,,,i nolonger use my freesatbox,,,,,,enigma2 box is the way to go,,,,,,support is great.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

voyager1972 wrote:hasmodes updated on sunday night during superbowl,,,,,,,,,,,,,i nolonger use my freesatbox,,,,,,enigma2 box is the way to go,,,,,,support is great.
That one with a linux OS?

lme

Post by lme »

Munyaga wrote:
I heard that it's the algorithm with which an encryption uses to encrypt a channel, hasmode say 24. When that one gets cracked they may opt to go a step further to say 25 thus the cracked one with 24 won't be able to decrypt till 25 gets hacked.
they are now on 29, but was fixed on the new OSCAM bin for enigma 2 stb.
Nihil sine Deo!

calv

Post by calv »

xxxxxxxxxx able to open A F N

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

We hope they are working towards a update, Chinese New Year. etc.

Den

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

lme wrote:
Munyaga wrote:
I have not yet come across an Enigma though I hear that they're nice but a bit expensive....

lme

Post by lme »

hash mode 30 now.
E2 stb are a bit more $, but you have more control on it.
every stb has ups & downs.
Nihil sine Deo!

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Munyaga wrote:
lme wrote:
Munyaga wrote:
I have not yet come across an Enigma though I hear that they're nice but a bit expensive....
Yes, go all out and buy one, I have a Dreambox 900 UHD, I have had it for about 3 years and 96% of that time it has been in the box it came in, what a POS it is, all changes must be made with a computer by network with Putty or other software, very few changes can be done with remote, every time a hash mode is changed you have to start over, the menu sucks, all satellite changes must be done by network and this is only a few of the problems, but don't let me change your mind, go out and spend 4 to 5 hundred USD and learn the hard way as I did.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

iq180 wrote:
Munyaga wrote:
lme wrote:
Munyaga wrote:
Yes, go all out and buy one, I have a Dreambox 900 UHD, I have had it for about 3 years and 96% of that time it has been in the box it came in, what a POS it is, all changes must be made with a computer by network with Putty or other software, very few changes can be done with remote, every time a hash mode is changed you have to start over, the menu sucks, all satellite changes must be done by network and this is only a few of the problems, but don't let me change your mind, go out and spend 4 to 5 hundred USD and learn the hard way as I did.
Thank you but I am contented with my Gtmedia. I am a Gtmedia fan.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Munyaga wrote:
iq180 wrote:
Munyaga wrote:
lme wrote:
Munyaga wrote:
Yep, so am I, for the money it is still the best.

abcd4321

Post by abcd4321 »

iq180 you are right. Have two actually three enigma machines. Started with the alien2 with spark/enigma2, used hdmu firmware and it was about 50 megs and did ok you could at least edit your scans. Now they have ballooned the (not hdmu) enigma2 upward of 600 megs and you still can't delete a transponder after a scan nor can you pick what you want to scan (ie tv, tv&radio, fta, etc). And you are correct in that almost everything is through telnet (putty) or ftp (filezilla), and even if you edit one list i usually forget its located in system several times. The current dreamboxedit doesn't help much but better than nothing. And don't forget the picture 8008, mio even the cheapest 30 dollar receiver is better, even using webif and vlc produces the best picture on these, why they didn't develop that i don't know.
I currently use gtmedia nova orange and x2 premium 3 also x2 premium 2 for ku. By the way have two of the oranges.

What makes good satellite receiver:
Fast accurate scan: nova, x2's plus side the ability to turn lnb power off.
Editing after a scan: same as above.
Ability to pick what to scan for: see above.
Most important a good picture, doesn't matter how many channels if none are worth watching: see above plus azbox (best picture of all sti chip). Ali chips provide picture of current crop (just opinion).
Some iptv capability: gtmedia and other android boxs. Just opinion doesn't mean much

abcd4321

Post by abcd4321 »

As a side note the reason for lnb pwr being able to be turned off; somebody was talking about using splitters. Current setup is using a 4dtv922 to move dish (40v not 36v) and polarization (infinite vs nada) lnb power (20v h&v not 13 and 18) do these things make a difference yes. Using a two to one splitter with single power pass from 4dtv to lnb nonpower pass to more none power pass splitters. Using this system have currently three receivers going to tv not counting the 4dtv(still get stuff once in awhile). This allows using one receiver on differant tv or monitor to install current list of tps and scan form another receiver(none scan perfectly). View all tps per polarity (H or V) and all channels associated with that polarity. Just a note the ku system used is lnbf and automated, which makes it nice but has drawbacks also. Just some thoughts.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

iq180 wrote:
Munyaga wrote:
iq180 wrote:
Munyaga wrote:
lme wrote:
Munyaga wrote:
Yep, so am I, for the money it is still the best.
Yes, with autoroll function, media playability and the fact that we enjoy the channels when they're available for we're not assured that they will always be at our disposal, they are the best.

luizaum

Post by luizaum »

Entered new hash mode, bye freesat updates and all the other Chinese receivers!
satellites 65/75/84W and 68.5E probably!
As new hash mode in use [0]

rafael_aroldo

Post by rafael_aroldo »

luizaum wrote:Entered new hash mode, bye freesat updates and all the other Chinese receivers!
satellites 65/75/84W and 68.5E probably!
As new hash mode in use [0]
Desde que isso foi postado em outro lugar, no nosso Brasil, até o presente momento, meu FreesatV7HD está ON ON ON no 65w, embora no F1, realmente tenha caido!

fgouveia

Post by fgouveia »

(português)
Olá, alguém poderia, por favor, enviar-me a softcam para os transponders 3800H30000 e 4100V30000 do satélite 65W (Starone C1)? Por favor.
(español)
hola. Será que alguién me podría enviar el softcam para los transponders 3800H30000 y 4100V30000 del satélite 65W (Starone C1)? Por favor.
(English)
Hi. Coul someone send me the softcam for the transponders 3800H30000 and 4100V30000. Satellite 65W (Starone C1)? Please.

Jim

Post by Jim »

99W gone to new hashmode?

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”