C-Band reception on a medium dish?

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

r.glidewell70

C-Band reception on a medium dish?

Post by r.glidewell70 »

Has anyone on here ever tried to use a C-Band LNB on a medium sized dish? I've been fooling around with it lately and can get my meter to click and barely lock, but no solid lock. I go inside and do a blind scan only to have the receiver freeze on a transponder....any tips from anyone who's tried this???

P.S. The sat I was aiming for is AMC 18 (105*W). The transponder showed up as 3707 H 4599. When I scanned it using an older analog receiver it came up as the ESPN MUX

Cornhusker

Re: C-Band reception on a medium dish?

Post by Cornhusker »

I have tried with a 1.2m with some success on G17 and G16.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

r.glidewell70 wrote:Has anyone on here ever tried to use a C-Band LNB on a medium sized dish? I've been fooling around with it lately and can get my meter to click and barely lock, but no solid lock. I go inside and do a blind scan only to have the receiver freeze on a transponder....any tips from anyone who's tried this???

P.S. The sat I was aiming for is AMC 18 (105*W). The transponder showed up as 3707 H 4599. When I scanned it using an older analog receiver it came up as the ESPN MUX
You mite have better luck on 101.0w/SES 1, I had C-Band working on 101.0w with a 39 inch off set dish at one time.

BTW, 101.0w has SYFY=EPIX=USA=NICK JR=OXYGEN=HGTV=DIY=FOX HD= and many other good CHs.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

I will like to add that you need to use the blue conical ring and not the flat one that comes with the C band LNB.

r.glidewell70

Post by r.glidewell70 »

cpr43 wrote:I will like to add that you need to use the blue conical ring and not the flat one that comes with the C band LNB.
I do have that on there

r.glidewell70

Post by r.glidewell70 »

iq180 wrote:
r.glidewell70 wrote:Has anyone on here ever tried to use a C-Band LNB on a medium sized dish? I've been fooling around with it lately and can get my meter to click and barely lock, but no solid lock. I go inside and do a blind scan only to have the receiver freeze on a transponder....any tips from anyone who's tried this???

You mite have better luck on 101.0w/SES 1, I had C-Band working on 101.0w with a 39 inch off set dish at one time.

BTW, 101.0w has SYFY=EPIX=USA=NICK JR=OXYGEN=HGTV=DIY=FOX HD= and many other good CHs.
I'll try that. I have a 1 meter by .63 meter dish (DirecWay Internet) that I'm using. For what it's worth, I'm in Weed, CA. Up in the mountains

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

r.glidewell70 wrote:
iq180 wrote:

I'll try that. I have a 1 meter by .63 meter dish (DirecWay Internet) that I'm using. For what it's worth, I'm in Weed, CA. Up in the mountains
If you have a C-Band/KU-Band LNB you mite want to try 101.0w KU-Band first because KU-Band is stronger on the small dish, it mite help you tune in the dish better.
BTW, there is 1 KU-Band TP on 101.0w that is ITC and very strong S&Q, TP-11705-V-3650, the CHs are radio.
Good luck.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

i have been using a 6 ft Andrews on C band since 1987 .works pretty good but there are times when i wish i had a 10 ft dish but i paid 75 bucks for it then and been using it ever since .
there were several years when it wasn't been used,but then after the hu cards went down and iks became freezy i upgraded the lnbf and receiver ,the drive was still ok.
Just wanted true FTA at the time to tinker with .
i tried a DMS dual ku/c and it worked ok but after some time when i discovered the V7max did Power View i changed to a titanium c lnbf and i am happy with it ,then put a small motorized ku band dish up moved the V7 to it and put a V8 super on C band system .

No more IKS freezing and lots to choose from in North America ,hope it runs for a little while,you know it is cat and mouse!

28 west to 133 west on my arc

the long and short is six ft aint too bad but make sure you have a very good LNBF and its aimed/set up correctly

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

typo on last post

78 W to 133W arc

r.glidewell70

Post by r.glidewell70 »

Marantz wrote:typo on last post

78 W to 133W arc
Man, I wish I had a 6 foot dish...best I can do is my little Direcway dish and a Gospell C-Band LNB. I also discovered that G19 has a C-Band EIRP of 42.1 around this area....which equals roughly an 80 cm dish...come daybreak, I'm gonna go scan the skies. LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :D :D

r.glidewell70

Post by r.glidewell70 »

The LNBF picture is not the one I have, but very close. Also, I do have the conical scaler ring too
Any tips on how to adjust scaler ring and/or LNBF?

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Sorry to say but it might be dicey on C band with that dish,i would put the ku band lnbf on first ,get it pointed on a very strong bird and receiving a signal ,then try the C band lnbf .
on c band i have never tried a small dish with an off center feed .
i have always used a round dish with the feedhorn in the center focal point so I am not going to be much of any help .
C band requires a bigger dish because as the Frequency goes down from 12 ghz (ku) to 4 ghz (C band) the gain of the antenna drops off .so you need the size of the dish to increase so as to get the gain back up ....also the spacing on C band satellites is sometimes only 2 degrees apart , with such as small dish the signals from two satellites can enter the lnbf at the same time .

To over simplify things , lets just say the receiver will get confused to say the least .......
You require a big dish to overcome this ,think of the dish as a flashlight in reverse ,the size of the mirror /reflector and where the bulb is ,determine how tight the beam is concentrated and how strong it is transmitted from the source ,
it just works in reverse for receiving sat signals

Even with my 6 ft this happens ,in the old days when the signals were analogue (ntsc) you would actually see two channels coming in at the same time on your TV .

good luck it never hurts to experiment ,Ive sure done my share

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

In our part of the world. I was able to receive some C band transponders from intelsat 20 at 68.5E.
with one meter offset dish and conical feed some time ago.

r.glidewell70

Post by r.glidewell70 »

kolithawick wrote:In our part of the world. I was able to receive some C band transponders from intelsat 20 at 68.5E.
Where are you located tho? I'm in northern California, at the edge of most footprints

wwiilliiss

Post by wwiilliiss »

68 deg is just west of india

and usually waste of time with c band dish under 2.4 metres

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

r.glidewell70 wrote:
kolithawick wrote:In our part of the world. I was able to receive some C band transponders from intelsat 20 at 68.5E.
Where are you located tho? I'm in northern California, at the edge of most footprints
I am from Sri lanka. 68.5E is almost on top, I dont think you will be able to receive it.
What I was trying to say is if you try to receive a powerful sat on top of the sky, you may be able to receive it with a small dish.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

It's possible if the transmission power being beamed down is very very strong. There are some C band satellites that can be received with a 90cm dish with the use of a, do they call it feed horn or conical scalar ring?

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

wwiilliiss wrote:68 deg is just west of india

and usually waste of time with c band dish under 2.4 metres
Not really, I receive it quite nicely in Nairobi, Kenya with a 180cm dish.

Wiss1

Post by Wiss1 »

Hola. Soy nuevo en esto. Hace poco compré unos equipos V7S HD y cualquier información se los agradeceré.
Gracias

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

Wiss1 wrote:Hola. Soy nuevo en esto. Hace poco compré unos equipos V7S HD y cualquier información se los agradeceré.
Gracias

Hola. Compre una antena parabólica, conectores, cables y un LNB. Conéctelos, alinea tu plato con el satélite de tu interés. Hacer un escaneo a ciegas y disfrutar. Gracias a ti también.

Wiss1

Post by Wiss1 »

Gracias a ti.
ya tengo alineada mi parabolica pero no me abre canales en el 101W y 43W.
Si me podrias ayudar.
De antemano muchas gracias.
saludos.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

Wiss1 wrote:Gracias a ti.
ya tengo alineada mi parabolica pero no me abre canales en el 101W y 43W.
Si me podrias ayudar.
De antemano muchas gracias.
saludos.
Eres bienvenido y tus saludos son bien recibidos. Yo envío el mío de vuelta.

Está bien, vamos a ver qué se puede hacer.

¿Qué canales quieres descifrar en 101W y 43W por favor?

Wiss1

Post by Wiss1 »

Gracias. Pues los mas que se puedan. Pero si me pudieras decir en qué satélite puedo bajar el canal de beIN Sports y los canales de ESPN son los que más me interesan o si hay algún otro canal que transmiten la liga española y en qué satélite? Muchas gracias de antemano.
Saludos

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

Wiss1 wrote:Gracias. Pues los mas que se puedan. Pero si me pudieras decir en qué satélite puedo bajar el canal de beIN Sports y los canales de ESPN son los que más me interesan o si hay algún otro canal que transmiten la liga española y en qué satélite? Muchas gracias de antemano.
Saludos
De nada. No es difícil conseguirlos, aunque lo que sé es que esos 2 son canales de suscripción. Así tendrás que pagar suscripciones mensuales.

Wiss1

Post by Wiss1 »

En el 121W esta Bein voy a alinear la antena hacia ese satelite. saludos.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”