127w Scan Lock Up With V7 And New 12/24/2016 Bin?

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Akacheebe

127w Scan Lock Up With V7 And New 12/24/2016 Bin?

Post by Akacheebe »

Newbie here and it's my first post so be easy on me please!

I got a new V7 HD last Friday and was blind scanning in several satellites yesterday and when I got down to 127W I had a problem with the V7 freezing up at 51%. Curiously enough, it froze up on the exact same transponder each time (3 scans), ie, 4160 V 30000. So I deleted all the TPs out of it and manually put in 4161 V 29999 and then tried a blind scan and when it got to that TP it didn't use the numbers I had put in manually, but instead it logged and scanned the TP as 4160 V 30000 and continued on and finished the scan? Hummmmm??

Basically put this here so others would know to try this "work around" if they had the same problem and also to let Freesat know about the issue. As mentioned in my post heading I'm using the newest bin file I downloaded and installed from here before I ever connected the receiver to my 10.5ft Raydx dish.

Thanks

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: 127w Scan Lock Up With V7 And New 12/24/2016 Bin?

Post by cpr43 »

Welcome and thanks for your input! My V8 Super does the same thing in that Sat/TP. So I will give it a try. Great!!

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

UPDATE: I've noticed that the more satellites I scan in, the more this problem shows up, and, my work around IS NOT working in every time. I've got two satellites on the western end of the USA arc that I can't blind scan. They scan a couple of TPs then lock up and my workaround didn't work with either. :(

Seems the more I scan in, the more this problem shows up? Today I was going to do a firmware update but with other problems with that new release that ain't gonna happen. So I'll just do a factory reset with this firmware and start over on those two western satellites (139w and 133w) to see if this might be related to the total number of channels that are actually scanned in the box.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Akacheebe wrote:UPDATE: I've noticed that the more satellites I scan in, the more this problem shows up, and, my work around IS NOT working in every time. I've got two satellites on the western end of the USA arc that I can't blind scan. They scan a couple of TPs then lock up and my workaround didn't work with either. :(

Seems the more I scan in, the more this problem shows up? Today I was going to do a firmware update but with other problems with that new release that ain't gonna happen. So I'll just do a factory reset with this firmware and start over on those two western satellites (139w and 133w) to see if this might be related to the total number of channels that are actually scanned in the box.
Hi Akacheebe
Watch out. When my V7 HD unit got close to full, 3500+ channels, it would lock up on scan.
It died when I deleted a 2 whole sats of channels at once. It recovered with difficulty.
I have had issues with scanning locking even when it was not full. I think the file of the channels gets corrupted and looks like it is full.
The Skybox units did this too with just one channel from one sat. That channel would appear on all lists every time after it was scanned.
I think something in its numbers looked like the code break for the software on the channel list.
The V7 / V8 software had many similarities with Skvbox software when it started.
From memory I think I started from scratch and reloaded all my sats again.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

Thanks Owen, yeah I was kinda thinking that thing might have a limit on channels. I guess it's just not designed to work the entire USA arc then, ie, my systems cover from 37w to 139w and even the 63 sat locations isn't enough for all of those. @ $21 I guess I got what I paid for though. :roll:

I started reworking that North American Satellite list the other day, but real life has gotten in the way and I won't get much done on it probably until the weekend.

dishfarm042

Post by dishfarm042 »

I have seen it lock up also and that is when there are no channel yet in the receiver.
something about 127 and 131 that locks my receiver up.
After deleting all the tp's in the receiver for 127 & 131w ,
I only entered the TP's that are known to work and only scan those in for 127 & 131w and the problem is no longer there.
Lyngsat is fine to see which ones are working.
No other satellites have the problem.
So this is not just a problem if you have 3500 channels in the receiver but a problem even if you have no channels in receiver.

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

This problem is STILL in the 20170321 firmware???

I got bored last weekend and spent the day last Saturday reworking yet another "clean" North American channel list and the same problem shows up on the west end when scanning from the east to west but here's the kicker, I reloaded my clean sat/channel list and started with the western end and those sats scanned in fine with NO lockup. So I guess this kinda supports the "too many channels" theory, at least with this new firmware.

And just for the record, I'm still NOT using this receiver for my "every day" TV viewing mainly due to the motor control issues, ie, I'm not able to use that function at all and have to move my dish with the dish controller remote instead. :evil:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Akacheebe wrote:This problem is STILL in the 20170321 firmware???

I got bored last weekend and spent the day last Saturday reworking yet another "clean" North American channel list and the same problem shows up on the west end when scanning from the east to west but here's the kicker, I reloaded my clean sat/channel list and started with the western end and those sats scanned in fine with NO lockup. So I guess this kinda supports the "too many channels" theory, at least with this new firmware.

And just for the record, I'm still NOT using this receiver for my "every day" TV viewing mainly due to the motor control issues, ie, I'm not able to use that function at all and have to move my dish with the dish controller remote instead. :evil:
Yes I too use my dish mover remote to avoid problems.
One of my two movers would do a relocation of all the positions to off the scale and need manually moving and correcting if the DiSEqC commands got corrupted by interference from the electric fence.
I moved that controller indoors.
Its not such an issue for me as I have too many dishes set up and don't move thing that much.

With regard to the 127w scan locking. My Skybox F5s unit would add one channel off Isat19C to every list after a scan.
I think this is due to the numbers for that channel looking like the end code, or something, in the computers channel listings file.
It could be the same sort of thing with your 127W.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There is this from this forum by cpr43 regarding 105w:
cpr43 wrote:When scanning this sat you will need to change CHANNEL TYPE from TV&Radio to TV only. They added like 500 or more Radio stations which make the box to fill the channels memory plus the time to scan them.
Owen

SatEze

Post by SatEze »

Feralkiwi wrote:There is this from this forum by cpr43 regarding 105w:
cpr43 wrote:When scanning this sat you will need to change CHANNEL TYPE from TV&Radio to TV only. They added like 500 or more Radio stations which make the box to fill the channels memory plus the time to scan them.
Owen
That solution of scanning only TV channels didn't work on 105.0°W either. :(

Akacheebe

Post by Akacheebe »

SatEze wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:There is this from this forum by cpr43 regarding 105w:
Owen
That solution of scanning only TV channels didn't work on 105.0°W either. :(
Thank you SatEze!!! I ran into that one also last time I played around with my 7HD!

I NEVER SCAN IN RADIO CHANNELS!! I ONLY SCAN IN TV CHANNELS AND THE LAST COUPLE OF TIMES I TRIED I ONLY SCANNED IN FTA CHANNELS, NO ENCRYPTED CHANNELS AND I GOT THE SAME LOCKUP CRAP AT THE OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE ARCH FROM WHERE I STARTED!!

So I'm not able to scan but about a dozen satellites before the Banned Word starts locking up and won't finish a scan on any other satellite! :evil:

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”