DBEditor 2.2: Error In SuperGolden_config.xml "longtitude"

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Yankee495

DBEditor 2.2: Error In SuperGolden_config.xml "longtitude"

Post by Yankee495 »

Rambo,

"longitude" is misspelled in the XML config file located at /conf/V8_SuperGolden_config.xml

This may be causing problems. Here is how it is in the file:

<elem name="longtitude" offset="0" size="16" open="false" default="0" type="Integer" min="0" max="360" step="1"/>

The correct spelling is "longitude". It may or may not be spelled correctly in the firmware. I don't know if it acts as a variable and anything will work or if it has to match the spelling that could be hard coded in the firmware.

Does longitude need to be spelled right? Should I change it?

toomanyreceivers

Re: DBEditor 2.2: Error In SuperGolden_config.xml "longtitude"

Post by toomanyreceivers »

I did not find it make any difference if you changed the name or left it alone It still acts the same if you activate it..
If you activate this setting in the editor program you will find anytime you edit any satellite it will revert back to default longitude settings and only by using the remote can this be changed back as far as I have ever found.
Leaving this setting turned off is the best IMO and does not cause any major disruption.
I have the editor program maxed out as far as editing features and for viewing what the numbers are for areas that were previously turned off and not displayed and all items that do not cause undo disruptions to setting I have already made (namely Longitude settings).

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

Thank you,

Is longitude for USALS only? All of my sats show 360 when I turn it on and I'm using a disque 1.2 Gbox and actuator on a big C band dish.
Which setting do I turn on to see my sat setting? I have sats at 99w and 101w and 103w and so on. All of them show 360 but the receiver shows them right, as 99w and 101w and 103w etc. I have figured out most of the settings but can't find the longitude setting for disque 1.2.

Thanks again.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yankee495 wrote:Thank you,

Is longitude for USALS only? All of my sats show 360 when I turn it on and I'm using a disque 1.2 Gbox and actuator on a big C band dish.
Which setting do I turn on to see my sat setting? I have sats at 99w and 101w and 103w and so on. All of them show 360 but the receiver shows them right, as 99w and 101w and 103w etc. I have figured out most of the settings but can't find the longitude setting for disque 1.2.

Thanks again.
Yes when you select USALS mover you can set your location, lat long, into the unit and this is used by the unit for the USALS mover to position the dish.
The Longitude for each sat is needed by USALS to calculate the dish position.
You can fine tune your USALS dish a little by adjusting the log for a sat, eg 160.2 instead of 160. Easier than climbing a ladder.
As for the .xml file I would think it is an editor software error or an error from the STB in making the .xml
The longitudes are only used by the USALS and us users.
The lat and long input is only available if USALS dish mover setting is selected.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”