DiseqC Problem in V8 Golden

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

varmap

DiseqC Problem in V8 Golden

Post by varmap »

I have V8 Golden. I Have 8x1 diseqc switch attached to the receiver. Another 4x1 diseqc switch is attached to the 2nd port of 8x1 switch. Thus in theory i need to connect 4+7 LNBs to the reciever. IS this configuration possible?

Thanks in Advance.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: DiseqC Problem in V8 Golden

Post by cpr43 »

Yes you can. 8X1 should be set on Diseqc 1.1 (2Cas) and 4x1 in Diseqc 1.1

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes the V8 Golden does this OK.
I have 20+ LNB's connected, there is cable and switches everywhere.

One problem I did find with the V7 HD and the V8 Golden was the LNB over current protection trips in when the 8x1 switch selects the port and powers on the second switch and LNB. The power is lost for a moment and the 8x1 switch reverts to port 1.
I fixed this problem by adding a signal splitter at the STB. This adds some impedance to the circuit and reduces the current spike.

The V8 golden and V7HD/ Combo do DiSEqC dish mover after the second switch too.

The switch commands take some time to switch and channel change time is a little slower.

Attention Admin!
This happens with DiSEqC 1.1 and DiSEqC 1.0 switching.
If a "No Signal" channel is selected and then you change to a good channel, the switching continues with the switching retry for the "No Signal" channel for 20 seconds before it changes channel to the good channel.
If a "No Signal" channel becomes good, the switching continues to retry the switch setting and displays a picture and then the "No Signal" message until you change way from that channel an back again.
This is due to the software retrying the switch setting in a time that is shorter than the time the software takes to set the switches.
A software fix is needed for this.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

varmap

Post by varmap »

Thanks all ....will try out the same...

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”