Freesat v8 Golden freeze

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

rj2010

Freesat v8 Golden freeze

Post by rj2010 »

Hi freesat team...

I have a freesat v8 golden.. My decoder freeze when i skip channels fir ect on is 10-02 or apstar 7 if i goto epg abd scroll it freeze then i have to switch of my decoder and then on again then it works til after a few minutes then searching for a orogran it freeze again. Iv tried updating software it dies that even on updated software..? The decoder is still nee think its 3-4 months old..
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Freesat v8 Golden freeze

Post by Feralkiwi »

The new software for the V8 golden has two formats for the EPG.
The one with many channels listed at once displays the wrong time and has programs missing, depending on what time zone you have set.
If you are using this format try changing to the older EPG format.

You may also like to reload the software again.
Don't forget to save your channel list and Softcam.key file.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

rj2010

Post by rj2010 »

Thanks for the info.. But it freeze alot when i change channels. Even if i use the arrows to scroll it it wont freeze right away but it does freeze say the second time i scroll.. I already reloaded the software and get the same problem..
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

ogmios

Post by ogmios »

rj2010 wrote:Thanks for the info.. But it freeze alot when i change channels. Even if i use the arrows to scroll it it wont freeze right away but it does freeze say the second time i scroll.. I already reloaded the software and get the same problem..
I have firmware .421 (30/09/2016) installed on my v8 golden and its running without problems. Try isntalling this FW and than do a factory reset. See if that works for you.

Vezebez1

Post by Vezebez1 »

Just to remind that all freesat receivers are freezing when we are using more than one active CLINE

Please freesat team try to fix this in next firmware release

This is relative big problem because all CLINE providers give several load balanced lines and using just one is really unstable.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”