V8 Golden hang up!

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

GAP

V8 Golden hang up!

Post by GAP »

I just received my first V8 golden yesterday from alliexpress, Everything was OK until I configured the Soft cam server.
When the box was rebooted the front display is 'Off' , Logo displayed only the green led lit and shows the last watched channel. Does not respond to remote control.
Tried to flash.bin with USB but the box does not goes to USB boot menu.
To activate the USB flash do I have to keep pressing the 'menu 'key on the remote controller?
But when the box switched off from main supply for 30 min and switched on again the front display lit and the box become operational again but it stuck intermittently.

Please advise

S/N details is attached

GAP :?: :?: :?:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 Golden hang up!

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes you do have to repeat press the "Menu" on the remote.
The "Flash.bin" file must be on the main page of the USB stick.
The file name is "flash.bin" not "flash.bin.bin"

Use the V8 remote that came with the unit, not another type that works with the unit.
I have found that the V8 remote works the V7 but this "Menu" press flash.bin does not work on the V7 with the V8 remote.
I use one of my Skybox remotes with all my Freesat units as I like the layout. It also will not do a flash reload.

Good luck.
Your next move will be an RS232 recovery. There are topics on this forum for that.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

GAP

Re: V8 Golden hang up!

Post by GAP »

Thanks Owen! :D

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”