[SoftCam] GTMedia V8 Nova

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

lukesky

[SoftCam] GTMedia V8 Nova

Post by lukesky »

Hello, I recently received a GTmedia V8 Nova box. I have read all the manuals to update the firmware, the channel list etc ... However, I have a question about SoftCam.key.

Should I update it or are the pre-installed ones valid? Where could I download it for Europe?

Thanks in advance.

alex.c
网站管理员

Re: [SoftCam] GTMedia V8 Nova

Post by alex.c »

lukesky wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:32 am
Hello, I recently received a GTmedia V8 Nova box. I have read all the manuals to update the firmware, the channel list etc ... However, I have a question about SoftCam.key.

Should I update it or are the pre-installed ones valid? Where could I download it for Europe?

Thanks in advance.
If you upgrade to the latest firmware, it should open most of Powervu channels.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What satellites can you receive from your location, with this information us members will be able to let you know more about the softcam.
By the look of it with the latest software, powervu channels will have the EMM codes within, plus auto biss working, you will not have to do a lot of work, over time the EMM codes will go down, so at some point you will have to update your softcam,
The best way of doing this would be (export) your softcam details to USB, you can admin this file in (wordpad), then (import) back into your receiver to decode your channels again.
To get to the screen within your receiver to see you softcam details is as follows,
Menu / Tools / Conditional Access (OK) / CA Information ( at this point (press 6666) on the remote), Key Edit (comes up)(high lite) press (OK),
On this screen you will see the various encryptions, at the bottom of the screen (red sq) import / (green sq) export.
Softcam supports powervu / biss / irdeto 39e only / Tandberg 1.9e in my neck of the woods.
For me I can get from 46e to 30w which is a lot of channels.
If you are not sure of any thing just ask away, some one will come forward to help.

Den

lukesky

Post by lukesky »

Thanks for yours answers.

I connect with 19°e Astra satellite. Then I understand that last firmware has the fine softcams, does It?

By the way, I have to connect from a common parabolic, and I have read that I have to disable the LNB alimentation. Could I do it with this decoder?

Thanks

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

There are NO channels at 19e that will be decoded via the softcam, some of the channels I think can be decoded by other means, for that you have to Google.
The other questions, other members will be along to answer.

Den

lukesky

Post by lukesky »

Ok, thanks. I hope that somebody can helo about LBN poder.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”