New V8 scan and weather app problem

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Tec_Rep

New V8 scan and weather app problem

Post by Tec_Rep »

After setting up a couple V7s without a problem decided to try a V8 Super and got problems. Hooked the V8 to wifi but weather app will not work? Second trying to scan a complete transponder db file from 58W to 135W. The V8 scans as it should until I got to sats 127W, 125W, 131W, 133W and 135W then it locks. It locks in blind scan mode for these 6 satellites so I had to manually put the transponders in and do transponder scans to finish my list. Let me know what you think but my opinion is that it is software related because, I noticed the lockups occured when the unit came to transponders with digicipher channels on them.

Freesats opion appreciated!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: New V8 scan and weather app problem

Post by Feralkiwi »

This problem has occurred for others due to the large number of radio channels on those sats.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Tec_Rep

Post by Tec_Rep »

Thanks for letting me know others have had a problem. I truly appreciate the info. However, I do not think this is my problem my friend. I set my scans up for tv channels only and the V8 should then not look at the radio channels. Only radio I put in my receivers is the 50 or so fta on 105W.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The other issue you may have doing a wide scan is that there will be so many channels scanned in the unit would run out of memory to store them.
I think these units save the scanned data to non volatile memory after the scan finishes.
Many lockups with these units happen due to memory being over written by memory over use, like your big scan or a HD channel on low signal with corrupted data.

I have ask Freesat here to set allocated memory use in the units so this does not happen.

I have had memory over use with other brand units as well, while mass deleting channels. I had to exit out and save the changes and start deleting again or the unit would lock.
It is something programmer should manage but they seem to miss this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Tec_Rep

Post by Tec_Rep »

Owen,

I think you may be correct in what is happening. I have some experience in receivers and electronics. Used to be the official warranty repair person for a receiver manufacturer. But, bottom line is the few problems with these freesat units are easily worked around and worth every penny of the money spent for them. I own a geosat and linkbox both and the freesat is better than either as they also have flaws only more.

Have a good day!

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”