V8 super or golden

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

sathunter

V8 super or golden

Post by sathunter »

Does the v8 super pass ac3 thru the scart connector or hdmi or does the golden only do this?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 super or golden

Post by Feralkiwi »

As the Super and Golden run the same software, with the addition of DVB-T in the golden I expect the super does all that the golden does.
I get AC3 sound channels and view them on both AV and HDMI. AV is the same as scart, it is just the wire format is different.
AV has red, white and yellow plugs and the same connections are passed through the scart plug.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

Hi does anyone know if the super has a better tuner then the golden or golden better then super tuner example weak tp. broken up on one box but other model it's not broken up. Is the t2/c tuner on all the time can it be turned off I'm thinking it will make more heat?

F2R

Post by F2R »

No detecta HDD ni SSD ni Mecanico,el V7 si los detecta formateandolo en Fat32 y particiones pequeñas.
It does not detect HDD or SSD or Mechanic, the V 7 if detected by formatting it in Fat32 and small partitions.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

sathunter wrote:Hi does anyone know if the super has a better tuner then the golden or golden better then super tuner example weak tp. broken up on one box but other model it's not broken up. Is the t2/c tuner on all the time can it be turned off I'm thinking it will make more heat?
I did not find any better reception with the Super or the Golden.

The sat turner is on always, even when watching T2.
This does mean you can record off T2 and watch satellite (and v-v), if you can move around in the same channel list.
You need to watch that you do not leave the sat tuner on a "No Signal" channel while you watch T2, as the unit will keep sending DiSEqC switch commands to your switch network.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

Hi how about the freesat v7 any difference with tuner sensitivity reguarding it locking a very weak freq compared too super or golden? Also does the golden receive the quam stuff on cable that is free?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have not noted any sensitivity difference from V7 to V8.
The V7 and V8 were definitely better than the older Freesat Openbox V8 Pro and V8 Combo.

As for cable I do not have that so can't tell you.
I get NZ terrestrial TV OK with the golden.

Owen

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

Hi Feralkiwi On your box is free in blue and sat in white or all gold. I see two versions out there freesat all in gold 2nd version are they the same or clone?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The V7's have Freesat and the golden has Golden.
All my units are from Freesat them selves or from their Winsat tech on aliexpress site.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”