Provide an easier way to switch back from Mars to standard

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

suduman

Provide an easier way to switch back from Mars to standard

Post by suduman »

It is now confirm that Mars is not officially promote here when they remove GTMedia logo from firmware. It is easy to switch from standard firmware to Mars using USB. But it is very hard to switch back. Why can't GTMedia team develop a solution to revert back from Mars to original firmware using USB installation. I think it is better to develop that because users can switch to original firmware if they does not require Mars anymore.

SSSM

Re: Provide an easier way to switch back from Mars to standard

Post by SSSM »

I also agree with this.

resca

Post by resca »

Once you have modified the firmware (like me!), the full control of the Box is handled by the new firmware. Not only Gtmedia but no one can provide a "software" solution if the firmware itself doesn't have the capability to load a new firmware from USB.

By the way, the "Serial" solution could be very easy if Gtmedia provides CLEAR guidelines: for V8X, for instance, there are TWO error on the suggested cable 1) TX of the V8X is connected to RS232 TX and RX of the V8X is connected to RS232 RX: this is absolutely WRONG, the signals must be crossed. 2) It seems that a regular RS232/USB cable is required to make the adapter. This, once again, is WRONG while RS232 works with signal levels +12/-12V but the JACK works with 0 / +5, so an usb to TTL like CP2102, FTL232, etc. is required. In addition, but this may be a problem of my own PC, the flasher software only shows a list of COM1, repeated 7 times, so no way to select COM4.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

If you have COM1 on your PC, you have a DB9 connection that you can use

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”