I Discovered Something...

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

sickboy

I Discovered Something...

Post by sickboy »

This may be common knowledge but it was discovered by accident and was a surprise to me.

Normally if you hit Menu then Satellite List the damn dish takes off running, in my case all the way to 139w. It was barely useable this way.

When you pull up the Satellite list it will be on your current satellite. Click "Ok" to put a check mark beside it. Now when you back out the menu items underneath it will be properly useable like the TP List. If their are multiple sats checked when you access the Antenna Setup menu (for instance) your dish will head to the first check marked sat in your list.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: I Discovered Something...

Post by Feralkiwi »

Good idea.

Problem though. You can not "Search" if that sat is not checked on the list.
To search a sat you will need to go to the sat list first and check that sat.

No big deal if you are not doing regular searches.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

You can search right from the Antenna screen I think ?? I've never checked a sat to do a search of it I'm sure I've only ever done it from the first screen.

sickboy

Post by sickboy »

The main reason I was elated to find this was if I only wanted to search a current transponder I would have to scramble to get the dish back before it got too far west. If done this way it never moves.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”