V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

araset

lnb for uk programs

Post by araset »

Hi I have such lnb

Code: Select all

https://www.inverto.tv/lnb/336/single-hgln-40mm-lnb
and have problems with receiving uk european beam channels. Signal is varying even if the weather is not bad. I have heard that for uk channels You need special lnb if yes which one? Thanks.

STRETCH

Re: lnb for uk programs

Post by STRETCH »

First of all, Welcome.
The lnb that you have is one of the best that you can get.
We would require more information about your system, What size dish do you have, what is your location, just to confirm, you wise to get channels from the satellite at 28e, what receiver that you have, plus what software, then we will be able help more.

Den

araset

Post by araset »

Thanks for reply. I have 130x120 dish with motor and v8uhd with mars and live in southern Poland.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With you size dish you should be able to get some channels that are on the Europe Beam, from 28e, some of which are 11038V 22000 / 11082H 22000
11582H 22000 / 12070H 27500, check out (Flysat) for other transponders.
Have you tried getting any signal from 27.5w 11495v 44100 BBC SAT BACK Channels, also check 30w Abertis channels, which show various USA/UK channels, just need to change the audio to English, then there is 26e Dubai One.
With having a large dish, it may be just need a small adjustment, check on (Dishpointer), put in your post code, dish/s required, then put the (X)
where your dish is.
The V8UHD is a good receiver, but can be a but low on signal Quality to get a lock.
Let us know what channels you are after.

Den

araset

Post by araset »

I am interested in sly uk channels from european beam. In my firmware I can only set one digit after dot of location number. Is there any better mars image that will be able to set to three number after dot. On my enigma receiver I can have signal from some transponder that I can't have on v8uhd. I have 1.10.8734 mars firmware.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With the Mars software, you are only able to put one digit after the dot, in USALS, what you could try is if your location is LONG 2.1W, put in say 1.9w see what you signal is like then, then try 2.0 / 2.2 /2.3. This moves the motor using the receiver just a little, you can put it back to your main setting
after carrying out the tests, your signal may get better / it may not, it will be trial and error.
Check out (Flysat) look at 28e, look for on the right hand side of the page for (2G Europe), some of the transponders i have said in my post, of which some of the channels are these HGTV / BLAZE UK / KISS / QVC / SPORTY STUFF TV / THATS TV GOLD / EARTHX TV / SKY ARTS, all free to air.
Can you confirm if these are the sort of channels that you are after. also what transponders can you get on your Enigma receiver, that you cannot get on the V8UHD.
When you are on the said web site, click on (2G Europe), this will bring up the map for this footprint beam.

Den

araset

Post by araset »

Thanks! Do You have some good channel list for v8uhd for motor or at leat for 28.2 e and hotbird or know where I can buy some? Thanks.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have a look in the (User Share) of the forum, you may find something.
With the forum no longer doing Mars, you could check out (Mediafire.com).

Den

araset

Post by araset »

Hi again, is there a way to watch 4:2:2 feeds on v8uhd or stream them into computer to watch it there ?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

The only receiver that can decode 4:2:2 is a GT Combo.
There are threads on this, use the search box, top right.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”