V8 super motor

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bubbs16

V8 super motor

Post by bubbs16 »

I'm having issues with motor switching everytime and to the right polarity. Is this box have issues with that? Is the power supply to weak

Xsat

Re: V8 super motor

Post by Xsat »

Hi,

Maybe your right.
The V8 Super is up to 400 MA.
My LNB is 110 mA and the motor is using Premium X.
PremiumX is Standby (100 mA), 200 mA (Normal), 350 mA (Max).
Sometimes the motor does not move.
You must select the equipment so that it does not exceed 400 mA in total.
I am pleased if my experience will be helpful to you.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

bubbs16 wrote:I'm having issues with motor switching everytime and to the right polarity. Is this box have issues with that? Is the power supply to weak
Are you using your USALS motor through a DiSEqC switch?
That will make it worse.

I too have had issues getting a Freesat to move a USALS motor.
Different LNB's use more and some less power. You need as little power use on the LNB as you can get.
I have also noted that the LNB power over current protection trips in very quickly.
With a DiSEqC 1.1 8 port switch and then a DiSEqC 1.0 4 port and the LNB, when the 8 port powers on the second switch and the LNB the over current protection trips in and this resets the first DiSEqC 1.1 8 port switch to port 1.
To solve this I added a signal splitter, or sat finder (tone type) to the LNB circuit at the STB.
This adds some impedance to the circuit and stops the current spike that trips the over current protection.

If the over current protection does trip in when your USALS moves, the command to the USALS is lost.
I found this and my UISALS moved a pulse only each time I sent it a move instruction.
Adding a signal splitter did not help with this. My USALS mover is old and stiff to move, so may be drawing more current.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

It'd a old actuator motor. What in seing is ill be watching a ch Rey to switch satelotes and most times it doesn't work. It will say moving dish but dies do anything, or it will move the dish but then say no signal. It works most the time If I'm watching a vertical ch one satelite and switch to a different satelite with a vertical tp. I can't switch from v to a h on different sat it doesn't work . But once I'm on the new satelite I can switch btw v and h. It's very quirky. Then siemtbing it will say I have no signal but if I go to the tp it will say 95, 75 and then I exit it and the picture comes back.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Vertical channels use 13 volts and H uses 18 volts.
The higher voltage means a higher current that my be tripping the over current protection.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

Well how do you fix it. It's super annoying

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It is a limitation of the Freesat units.
If you have other LNB's that you can try, may be one of those will use less current.
I gave up trying to use my USALS.

Owen

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

Someone said to try different power supplys for the receiver. Different amps

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

A higher rated (higher amps) 12v supply may help.

If you have an old sat STB, you could connect that box's LNB output to the USALS mover through a splitter.
If you set this second box to V (13V) your main box will still be able to switch between H and V.
This second box will prevent the voltage at the USALS from dropping below 13v and avoid loosing the DiSEqC instructions.
If you do this also set the second box to DiSEqC "Disabled" 22kHz "Off" so it does not send commands and choose a standard LNB like 13000 so that it does not turn on its 22kHz.

Owen

Tec_Rep

Post by Tec_Rep »

What size hh motor you guys using? I find this interesting since I have repaired some of the stabb motors before retiring. Things like length of cable run, tight bends in cable run and type of wire make huge differences also. I have 3 freesats and all work motors perfectly.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”