Freesat V8 Finder have a Problem w/t Lasted Firmware

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bonuss_2

Freesat V8 Finder have a Problem w/t Lasted Firmware

Post by bonuss_2 »

Dear Firmware Eng.

I have upgraded V8 Finder with lasted Firmware (FREESAT_V8_Finder Firmware (27/12/2017)) and then it have a problem for using the function "SATINSTALLATION" after choose menu SatInstallation a box shown "File doesn't match with this box"

And also after Upgrade firmware to lasted version a box can not firmware downgrade that mean a box is dead.

Please advise me , thank you
Last edited by bonuss_2 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Freesat V8 Finder

Post by Feralkiwi »

This is the second time this has been reported.

I did not hear back from user "nonodid" if that unit worked again.

Engineer please take note.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bonuss_2

Re: Freesat V8 Finder have a Problem w/t Lasted Firmware

Post by bonuss_2 »

Why freesat software eng no response??

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you tried doing a flash.bin recovery with older software?

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu".
The unit should reload the software.

Then the next step would be a RS232 recovery.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bonuss_2

Post by bonuss_2 »

Many thanks to Feralkiwi for your advise.I have successfully to recovery my finder box as you recommend with older firmware.

Thanks again

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

bonuss_2 wrote:Dear Firmware Eng.

I have upgraded V8 Finder with lasted Firmware (FREESAT_V8_Finder Firmware (27/12/2017)) and then it have a problem for using the function "SATINSTALLATION" after choose menu SatInstallation a box shown "File doesn't match with this box"

And also after Upgrade firmware to lasted version a box can not firmware downgrade that mean a box is dead.

Hello, ship new V8 Finder machine, upgrade the latest software, do not rewind to upgrade the old software.
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

bonuss_2

Post by bonuss_2 »

Lining wrote:

Hello, ship new V8 Finder machine, upgrade the latest software, do not rewind to upgrade the old software.
Hi Lining

I did not unstood your meaning.Your new firmware must be compatible with all V8 Finder box

bonuss_2

Post by bonuss_2 »

Lasted firmware FREESAT_V8_Finder_20180118.zip still have problem occur "File does't match with This box"

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

You got your finder to work with older software before after you upgraded to the December version.

I would think you could recover it the same way again.

It is odd that it does this with newer versions.
There is not a lot to gain with these later versions.
If you get a version from August to work you will have all the good upgrades and fixes anyway.

You could try deleting all your sats etc and doing a factory reset before you upgrade to the latest again.

Owen

bonuss_2

Post by bonuss_2 »

Feralkiwi wrote:You got your finder to work with older software before after you upgraded to the December version.

I would think you could recover it the same way again.

It is odd that it does this with newer versions.
There is not a lot to gain with these later versions.
If you get a version from August to work you will have all the good upgrades and fixes anyway.

You could try deleting all your sats etc and doing a factory reset before you upgrade to the latest again.

Owen
I have tried as your advise but unfortunately it still the same error "File doesn't match with this box".

And also A firmware from August is a same error.
Last edited by bonuss_2 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Lining wrote:

Hi Lining

This is the second time this fault has been reported.The first time was with "nonodid"
This is the pic that "nonodid" posted of this fault.
The user has NOT downgraded as that is not possible.
This message appears when the satellite installation is selected.

Please how is this fixed.

Owen

bonuss_2

Post by bonuss_2 »

How is this fixed,Please

bonuss_2

Post by bonuss_2 »

How is this fixed,Please

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Do you remember what software the Finder came with?
If you remember what software it came with, load that software again.

Try deleting all content, sats channels etc.
Then do a factory reset.
Then load the latest software by "All code".
Then see if you can use the satellite menu.

Owen

risini

Post by risini »

Hi to all. Have the same problem with a new firmware. Makes downgraded to August firmware via COM method but it's not helped. In the SAT INSTALLATIONS no contents and jump blue screen as was before. Please help !!! :geek:

bonuss_2

Post by bonuss_2 »

My freesat v8 finder still have fault after choose menu Satelliteinstallation is "File doesn't match with this box" with FREESAT_V8_Finder Firmware (07/02/2018)that mean a freesat's software engineer no have consider
to fix this fault.

konstantine

Post by konstantine »

On H/W version V.1.1.0 with Manga M-L151 SOC , works fine last firmware.
It is possible to add/unlock media player function in the futures relases of firmware?
One last thing : i can help to translate in Romanian .Actual translation is unusefull.
Some picrures with H/W version V.1.1.0
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (3.84 MiB) Viewed 8081 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (2.42 MiB) Viewed 8081 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (3.79 MiB) Viewed 8081 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (4.06 MiB) Viewed 8081 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

bonuss_2 wrote:My freesat v8 finder still have fault after choose menu Satelliteinstallation is "File doesn't match with this box" with FREESAT_V8_Finder Firmware (07/02/2018)that mean a freesat's software engineer no have consider
to fix this fault.
Engineers please note.
This problem is now affecting Freesat V9 software as well.
With the V9 the antenna menu and scans can not be accessed.

Owen

evgenia

Post by evgenia »

OWENответьте пожалуйста я получаю финдер под торговой маркой DMYCO там прошивки будут такие же как и на FREESAT? Надо будет мне перешивать когда получу на новую прошивку и если надо то назовите от какого числа я так понимаю что декабрьские и январьские которые последние ставить не надо!! Спасибо

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

evgenia wrote:OWENответьте пожалуйста я получаю финдер под торговой маркой DMYCO там прошивки будут такие же как и на FREESAT? Надо будет мне перешивать когда получу на новую прошивку и если надо то назовите от какого числа я так понимаю что декабрьские и январьские которые последние ставить не надо!! Спасибо
Google translate:
OWEN response please I get a fender under the DMYCO trademark there the firmwares will be the same as on FREESAT? It will be necessary for me to change it when I get a new firmware and if necessary, what is the number from which I understand that December and January are the last ones to set! Thank you
This looks like a remade unit. The software looks the same screens as Freesat.
There is a www.dymco.cn website, but there is no software listed.
With the Freesat units you can save the current software in the unit to USB by doing and all code backup.
I would do that and save that software copy now.
Freesat units will not load software for the wrong unit, that is the V8 Super will not load the V8 Golden software.
I would expect that this unit you have will not load Freesat software.

You could post a photo of the "Information" screen that shows the software and hardware versions for comparison with freesat units.

Owen

evgenia

Post by evgenia »

Здесь идет ссылка програмного обеспечения на нашFREESAT техподдержка зто получается KLON!!! http://www.freesat.cn :shock: подскажи какое ПО ставить 20170706? 20170807? 20170928? 20171222?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

evgenia wrote:Здесь идет ссылка програмного обеспечения на нашFREESAT техподдержка зто получается KLON!!! http://www.freesat.cn :shock: подскажи какое ПО ставить 20170706? 20170807? 20170928? 20171222?
Google Translate:
Here there is a link of the software to ourFREESAT technical support that turns out KLON !!! http://www.freesat.cn: shock: tell me what software to put 20170706? 20170807? 20170928? 20171222?
As I said before the support website for these DMYCO is www.dmyco.cn
You could try one of the Freesat software downloads, But I would expect the DMYCO unit to reject it.
INPORTANT: FIRST save your current software by Menu / Tools / USB Backup select: "All Code"
This will save your current software for use if you need to recover.
Loading Freesat software may "Brick" the finder. It is your risk.
It is unknown if this DMYCO unit would do a flash.bin recovery. It is not freest software, it is DYMCO.

Owen

Pabloenmieres

Post by Pabloenmieres »

Same problem here, i cant work with it its unuseless. I made downgrades but nothing works... Any fix?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Pabloenmieres wrote:Same problem here, i cant work with it its unuseless. I made downgrades but nothing works... Any fix?
Is your problem with a Freesat V8 finder or the DYMCO unit talked about above?

If it is a Freesat finder then please what is the problem?

If your unit is not starting then try a flash.bin recovery.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the unit.
The unit should reload the software.

If this does not recover then you can try the RS232 method.

If something else it the problem please let me know.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”