OSD timeout

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

AirforceOne

OSD timeout

Post by AirforceOne »

Is there a way to reduce the OSD display time to less than 3 seconds or even hide OSD on V8 Golden

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: OSD timeout

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have asked for this many times.

It would be nice to have the option for 2,1 and Zero minutes, no info message.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I had a play with the user data file and have found a way to change the on screen timeout.

I saved my user data with the timeout set to "3" and again set to "4".
Note with the new V8 Nova you need to rename the first user data file as it does not save using a date / time code like the V8 Golden did. The Nova saves as "v8nova_db_sysdata.bin" every time.

I then compared the two files and found where the 3 was changed to 4.
I then set this to "01" and saved the file and reloaded it into the Nova.
Yes Timeout 1 second, the info banner is gone before the channel comes up!!!! Yes!!!

I then tried "00".
This failed. The info banner stayed up for ever.

With "01" set you can still press info once to see the info, or press info twice to lock the EPG detail up, if there is any.
You can go to the AV on screen setting menu and you will see the timeout set to 3.
As long as you do not change that setting it will stay at 1, even though you can not see it.

This "Byte" of code is near the bottom of the user data file in the sysdata version of the user data.
It is at the start of the setting section of the file, just after the last channel listing.

Owen
Timeout.JPG
Timeout.JPG (130.36 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

AirforceOne

Post by AirforceOne »

Thanks Owen for the workaround that you are suggesting.
However i tried locating the 03 sec using a Hex editor to change it to 01 but could not find it.
Any hints on how to find it ?
Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Send me your user data and I will find it for you if you want.

If you go to your all channel list and look at what the last channel name is you can search for that channel name in the hex file.
Just add a space between each character. If you look at the file with a hex editor you will see the channel names down the right side in text.
Look for that last channel name and the start of the system data, like in the pic above.

I'll send a PM with my email

Owen

AirforceOne

Post by AirforceOne »

I found it and fix it. Working like a charm. Thank you man :)
The problem that i was looking for the 03 sec at the same location column 0e in your attached photo while mine was under column 0a
I tried changing the value to 04 and 05 in the receiver OSD settings to confirm that it was the right field that needs editing.
Thank you again for the great fix.
Cheers

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”