V8 Super keep restarting my router

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ypeo

V8 Super keep restarting my router

Post by ypeo »

Hi to all,

I'm very new in this field and i have some very strange problem with my new v8 super dvb.

Short story: i have connected the box to internet via lan cable and via wifi.
All works well (i mean youtube) till i input the servers on CS hidden menu.
When i insert the servers and i hit apply the tv channels works ONLY 4 minutes than my router restart itself :)
It's a provider router with internet, tv and phone line.
The v8 box is connected to a satellite dish and i have made the sw update.
Tried to add the v8 ip on DMZ, added also the ports on port forwarding no succes.

Then i have shared my 4g gsm connection, connected the v8 to ap and it was working perfectly...

Anyone has an ideea how to fix this ?

If needed more infos just let me know.

Thank you in advance and thanks for accepted me on your forum.

Ps: i'm from Belgium and the internet provider is telenet

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 Super keep restarting my router

Post by Feralkiwi »

There have been many users with this problem.

What is happening is the provider is blocking your internet access for ccam from a STB.

Other users have got past this by using their cellphone as a wifi hot spot or using another internet provider, like your neighbors.

One box that has been reported are Fritzbox.

There is some discussion here on this, or you can search these forums with "Fritzbox" to find more.
I have also had it said that if you replace your internet modem with an old one, the provider can not control your access.
You will loose wifi speed with an old box, but you are using cable.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ypeo

Post by ypeo »

Thank you Feralkiwi for your answer.

There is not possible to downgrade the router, the use of my cell phone is not a long term solution... and it's very complicated to change the provider :((

I want to call the support but i don't know how to explain them to "open" the door for cccam.

If there is any solution to fix this issue i'm open :)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I do not think there is.
The other users had even got the internet provider to send a replacement box that did the same thing.
I suggested the cell phone as a test to see if you could use your V8 with out interruption.

It is the way of the world now, your ISP acting for a third party to censor your internet use to protect another business.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

My local ISP blocked a port that is commonly used by their opposition ISP for email, so that you could not access your email, via the likes of outlook express, from their internet connection in my house.
I was with Spark (ex Telecom NZ) and could not access email from Vodafone via Outlook or Motzilla.
I was told I could apply to have it removed, but that takes a long time.

Owen

ypeo

Post by ypeo »

With the shared 4G connection it works without interruptions...

I will search to see what options i have to change the provider...

Thank you again for your answers :)

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”