DVB-T2 OUTPUT Please.

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

DVB-T2 OUTPUT Please.

Post by Feralkiwi »

DVB-T2 OUTPUT.

Some of the Freesat models offer a "RF Modulator PAL/BG(209.00MHZ/11CH)", Freesat V7 Combo http://www.freesat.cc

This is the old analogue UHF / VHF TV transmission system that is now not used in most countries.
Many new TV's still have this analogue system, but I expect not for long.

DVB-T2 encoders, or modulators are expensive.
This is because they have to include an encoder to digitize the video from the HDMI or AV, Pal or NTSC signal.
The video in the Freesat units is already encoded.

Adding a DVB-T2 output would allow the TV signal from the Freesat STB to be sent to other TV's in clearer digital format.
This would also allow the Freesat units to be used as receiver units for large hotels and apartment blocks.

This DVB-T2 output could have options to select many channels from the same satellite TP to be transmitted on the same UHF DVB-T2 output signal.
The output frequency and DVB-T2 setting would also need to be made available to the user for different countries.

A DVB-T2 output would be much more useful than the current RF output is.
Even a dedicated satellite to DVT-T2 unit would be very useful to the market.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: DVB-T2 OUTPUT Please.

Post by Feralkiwi »

Just a reminder to the engineers, as they work on the V9, that this would be a very good thing to have.

Please could we have this in the new V9?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Be Aware that in the America's Region we DONT use DVB-T2. We use ATSC which is a very different format/ tuner. This is why the V7 ATSC was created.

David

Post by David »

When I connect and power up my V7 I get the message Format Not Available. Can't do a thing with it at this point. How do I fix the format so I can access the menu and make all other proper adjustments. I am connected to a Samsung HD TV

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

David wrote:When I connect and power up my V7 I get the message Format Not Available. Can't do a thing with it at this point. How do I fix the format so I can access the menu and make all other proper adjustments. I am connected to a Samsung HD TV
The message "Format Not Available" is most likely from your TV.
The older models of Samsung do not use the newer HDMI format, mine does this too.
Use a AV lead instead of the HDMI from the AV output of the V7.
Note that the V7HD needs a 3.5mm "DEEP" connector, 17mm long not 15mm.
See this forum for details.

Owen

Return to “Others”