Freesat channel lists suggestion

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

toomanyreceivers

Re: Freesat channel lists suggestion

Post by toomanyreceivers »

aaron89 wrote:some time ago I modified my list to change in ALL channels the flag "is_scramble" from 1 to 0 and was a paaain, with an SQL sentence it would be very easy
Be careful what you wish for. I also changed several "is_scramble" from 1 to 0 and those channels no longer came in for me.
Only after re-loading my old channel list with the "is_scramble" set back to "1" did they come back on for me.
This was on a V8 Super with the latest firmware.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

toomanyreceivers wrote: Be careful what you wish for. I also changed several "is_scramble" from 1 to 0 and those channels no longer came in for me.
Only after re-loading my old channel list with the "is_scramble" set back to "1" did they come back on for me.
I have found that blind scans can load some channels as FTA, at random, that are $.
When this happens they are listed as FTA and the software does not look for any code for that channel.
I fix this by doing a TP scan, sometimes 2 or 3 time, until all the scrambled channels are listed "$".

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

toomanyreceivers

aaron89 wrote: In V7 HD the is_scramble flag don't break the non-FTA channels, you can set it to 0 without problems, I made that change simply for removing the dollar ($) character in the beginning of the channels name.
The V7 may do it for some firmware but not on the V8 Super.
I have not tested it on the V7 for channels that are looking for codes as I believe that changing it may make the receiver not look at codes to turn on a channel.
I know the V8 Super if the encryption key is turned off then the receiver does not look for any code to turn it on.
I have modified the old channel editor program to turn on and off the encryption code for each channel individually. So now if the receiver turns off the encryption by mistake I can turn it on using the editor program so it locks on the proper code.

If it works for your V7 I am happy for you. I doubt it is a good idea to implement this for everyone, it could have effects they do not want to happen.

toomanyreceivers

Feralkiwi wrote: I have found that blind scans can load some channels as FTA, at random, that are $.
When this happens they are listed as FTA and the software does not look for any code for that channel.
Owen
That is what I thought happens.

It pays to always have a backup of channel list before re-loading one with new changes so you can go back to the last old one very quickly when a problem happens due to experimenting.

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

toomanyreceivers wrote:
aaron89 wrote:some time ago I modified my list to change in ALL channels the flag "is_scramble" from 1 to 0 and was a paaain, with an SQL sentence it would be very easy
Be careful what you wish for. I also changed several "is_scramble" from 1 to 0 and those channels no longer came in for me.
Sure, the FW need this flag for starting NCS feature.
we can move it if many friends don't love $ :roll:
Day Day Up!

toomanyreceivers

Rambo wrote:
toomanyreceivers wrote:
Sure, the FW need this flag for starting NCS feature.
we can move it if many friends don't love $ :roll:
The $ sign is not a problem here.
I figured it was needed for key code to activate once I removed it and saw those channels no longer played properly.

smpcomms

Post by smpcomms »

Is there a channel list for sky uk with $ as the one that's been uploaded does not work on scrambled channels with CCcam have tried changing is_scramble to 1 but still dont work :?

HELP please :roll:

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

smpcomms wrote:Is there a channel list for sky uk with $ as the one that's been uploaded does not work on scrambled channels with CCcam have tried changing is_scramble to 1 but still dont work :?

Could you check this case with your account vendor?
Day Day Up!

smpcomms

Post by smpcomms »

Rambo wrote:
smpcomms wrote:Is there a channel list for sky uk with $ as the one that's been uploaded does not work on scrambled channels with CCcam have tried changing is_scramble to 1 but still dont work :?

No problem with CCcam as when i load my previous channel list all scrambled channels work, when i load your sky uk list cant get any of the scrambled channels to load, just get a blank screen :?

smpcomms

Post by smpcomms »

smpcomms wrote:
Rambo wrote:

No problem with CCcam as when i load my previous channel list all scrambled channels work, when i load your sky uk list cant get any of the scrambled channels to load, just get a blank screen :?
Any updated sky uk channel list, with working scrambled channels

Return to “Others”