Major bugs of GTC Android 6.0 TV BOX DVB-S2/T2/C - current state

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

wikjan

Major bugs of GTC Android 6.0 TV BOX DVB-S2/T2/C - current state

Post by wikjan »

Term "Major bug" means that bug significantly limits functionality of device.
These type of bugs should be fixed as soon as possible.

Two major bugs in GTC firmware - state by day 18.01.2019

1. Timer recording bug - DVB apk. does not record scheduled program, only starts to play it when programmed time is reached
Firmware affected:C20.A6.3.40 and probably all other versions
Missing timer delayed recording significantly limit functionality of the box
2. Data copy/transfer bug
Data copy/transfer from internal memory to external storage (USB Drive, SD card) does not work
Firmware affected: C20.A6.3.40, probably but not confirmed C20.A6.2.41
Total Commander or Android 6 itself report missing “com.android.documentsui” system file
This file provides write access rights to external storage memory for apps
Other copy transfer problems like database writting error can be a consequence of the mentioned bug

Just for the reminder
Fixed Channel scanning bug - DVB apk. is not being able to scan DVB S/T/C channels
Firmware affected: C20.A6.2.40
Bug was fixed with software C20.A6.2.41

Please do not garbage this topic with not confirmed bugs or minor bugs
If you think you have found new major bug please write first PM (private message) to me or post it in another topic. Try always describe the problem as clear as possible. Attach screenshots or photos to help other users understand your problem.
Give the info about the firmware version ( full format eg C20.A6.2.41)
There is a place for major bugs only which are confirmed by other users
Attachments
write_access_bug.png
write_access_bug.png (101.86 KiB) Viewed 5741 times

wikjan

Re: Major bugs of GTC Android 6.0 TV BOX DVB-S2/T2/C - current state

Post by wikjan »

Two major bugs in GTC firmware - state by day 24.01.2019 (no change since the previous week)
1 Timer recording bug
2 Copy/Transfer bug

post #1 in this topic for more info about these bugs

Back to the past
Let's go back to 1989
1 There were video cassette recorders (VCR) capable to record TV channels & other AV sources on video tapes. Their functionality included recording with a programmed start and duration (so called timer recording )
2. Users of personal computers were able to copy files from internal memory storage to external memory (eg. floppy disc)
It was 30 years ago

Let's go back to the present (2019)
Does anyone have any doubts that the lack of the mentioned functions is a significant limitation ?

Please do not garbage this topic with not confirmed bugs or minor bugs
If you think you have found new major bug please write first PM (private message) to me or post it in another topic. Try always describe the problem as clear as possible. Attach screenshots or photos to help other users understand your problem.
Give the info about the firmware version ( full format eg C20.A6.2.41)

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

One major bug in GTC firmware - state by day 30.01.2019 ( change since the previous week from 2 to 1 bug)
Copy/Transfer bug
Look at post #1 in this topic for more info about these bug

Last fixed major bug:
Timer recording bug is fixed in software versions C20.A6.3.43 (which updates C20.A6.3.40) and C20.A6.2.43 (which updates C20.A6.2.41).
After update DVB apk. records scheduled program when the set time has been reached.
Thank You GTmedia Team !
There are some exceptions or limitations:
- timer recording is not possible when the box is shut down ( power key should be set to suspend / resume mode to prevent that situation )
- timer recording not works with my 32GB USB exFAT stick although I can record on it using PVR red button ( I have no idea if 32GB are under timer recording limit or there are other reasons)
I tested also 1TB USB3.0 HDD NTFS and there were no problems with timer recordings on both USB ports

Koko1456

Post by Koko1456 »

wikjan wrote:- timer recording not works with my 32GB USB exFAT stick although I can record on it using PVR red button ( I have no idea if 32GB are under timer recording limit or there are other reasons)
I tested also 1TB USB3.0 HDD NTFS and there were no problems with timer recordings on both USB ports

floreentin

Post by floreentin »

-on dvb-t2 and dvb-s2 when I press ok to go to channel list, I must push exit button to watch the channel. If I don't push exit button the channel will be in the background. Too baaaad. On other receivers I just push ok, and the channel appears. When I push again ok, the channel list menu appear again. So, I want to push just ok button,.select the channel and appear the channel after that. I don't want to push exit every time after I select the channel.
-on dvb-t2 dvb-s2 isn't any option or button to search the channel by name, or to filter the channel. If I want to find a channel I must scroll down... I want to find the channel by searching its name from the remote. Other receivers has this option.
-on dvb-t2 when the signal isn't to strong, the zapping is to slow. It needs, 4-5 seconds to go to other channel

-I can not add a tp frequency on dvb-s2 or to make a manual search

On android it is too fast and good.

If the company change the options that I said above, it will be a great box...

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

Hi floreentin,

I know that all you wrote about is very annoing .
But one way or another you can choose the channel.
For me the things you described are not major bugs. They are missing or not good working functions.
The major bug is then when you can't do the function at all (for example until recently you could not record with the timer)
Anyway it is good that you wrote about these problems but please use other topics for that kind of problems first.
For example that one, which you already used almost at the same time - DVB native apk. settings, FAQs and bugs

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

One major bug in GTC firmware - state by day 7.02.2019 ( no change since the previous week )
Copy/Transfer bug
Look at post #1 in this topic for more info about these bug

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

One major bug in GTC firmware - state by day 14.02.2019 ( no change since the previous week )
Copy/Transfer bug

Data copy/transfer from internal memory to external storage (USB Drive, SD card) does not work
Firmware affected: C20.A6.3.43, C20.A6.2.43 (also previous versions)
Total Commander or Android 6 itself report missing “com.android.documentsui” system file
This file provides write access rights to external storage memory for apps

rahulandyou

Post by rahulandyou »

Manual TP scanning problem in DVB app, also SD channels showing 4:3 aspect ratio sometime, cccam freez issue..

Gtcsaid

Post by Gtcsaid »

Hi please help 2 bugs :
1/copy/transver on gtc C20.A6.3.43 doesnt work
2/ after rebot or power of i lost all my channel list and favorites

kiss2ro

Post by kiss2ro »

Hi,

I found a few major problems: dvb app shows no level on high signal level satellite transponders. Even if manually added a TP doesn't show any signal level. Exporting databases still gave an error. Old cccam problem - more than 10 lines uses 20% more of the memory, under 10 works flawlessly. The firmware is the last one, automatically updated.

PS. If the tuner problem will be solved, this stb will be the best on the market. Installed swift streamz for testing - works like a charm.

Peace...

satpatrol

Post by satpatrol »

Too many bugs for GTS!
1. DVB search cannot found all frequencies and all tv programs. And no possibilities to do something, because tp editing and searching are absent. GTS cannot be able for use.
2. Sometimes when I make sat search for satellite with diseqc not equal the 1, GTS makes search for satellite with diseqc #1.
3. Too long search and saving of result.
4. No possibilities for see T2MI format.

Rogivan

Post by Rogivan »

Também não gosto disso, essa parte que peca no aparelho, mas isso não e um bug e uma característica do aparelho isso não vai ser mudado

vivek.khanna

Post by vivek.khanna »

kiss2ro wrote:Hi,

I found a few major problems: dvb app shows no level on high signal level satellite transponders. Even if manually added a TP doesn't show any signal level. Exporting databases still gave an error. Old cccam problem - more than 10 lines uses 20% more of the memory, under 10 works flawlessly. The firmware is the last one, automatically updated.

PS. If the tuner problem will be solved, this stb will be the best on the market. Installed swift streamz for testing - works like a charm.

Peace...
how do you manually added a TP? I tried a lot but unable to do this..

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

One major bug in GTC firmware - state by day 28.02.2019 ( no change since the previous week )
Copy/Transfer bug

Contrary to my intentions, the topic has become a place where many users place missing features, other problems, other than GTC tuners and not major bugs.
I will not reply to such posts nor will waste my time checking undocumented cases of other users.
If you can not put a description of the bug and do not include attachments documenting the problem, you do not deserve to treat you seriously

Some users did not even bother to read the whole topic.
At the same time I started another topic which is much more suitable for many different problems,suggestions, opinions or not confirmed bugs.
You can post here viewtopic.php?f=55&t=11576&sid=1f80f70d ... 75d5afa6b5
Treating a lack of some function (eg TXT function) as a major bug is a total misunderstanding if not stupidity

vivek.khanna

Post by vivek.khanna »

Database hang issue: - if you scan channels and then delete all channels and rescan, the deleted channel base returns and new channel base can't be stored.

Alex.santos

Post by Alex.santos »

Ola
Aguem podia dizer-me com proceder para aceder ao control paternal afim de bloquear os canais adultos???

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”