What kind сhanges to DVB interface we need?

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

DonSTV

What kind сhanges to DVB interface we need?

Post by DonSTV »

Greetings, the interface of our GTC is not very informative, not the convenience of switching channels and many other shortcomings in the translation localization of the interface. Please modify the DVB interface. Who has wishes do not be silent, offer!

For example, when switching the channel list.

Channel editor

What are your opinions?

wikjan

Re: What kind сhanges to DVB interface we need?

Post by wikjan »

We don't need any major changes in the look of GUI (at least not now)
We need software issues to be fixed first.
We need simple and effective EPG navigation
We need direct audio language toggle (eg green button to switch it - new remotes don't have dedicated button)
We need a good and quick selection of the channel we want to watch (including selection by entering the first characters of the name)
We need better work of PVR funtions
I personally would sacrifice any changes in DVB interface for timeshift function

Take a look at my poll "DVB missing functions - poll" viewtopic.php?f=55&t=11945&sid=f638cba7 ... 221846e599

DonSTV

Post by DonSTV »

wikjan wrote: Take a look at my poll "DVB missing functions - poll" viewtopic.php?f=55&t=11945&sid=f638cba7 ... 221846e599
I agree with you on the functions, but it would not hurt to improve the interface! I think no one will be against!

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

I agree with you.
But imagine that you are from GTmedia Team
What would you do first ?
I hope they will fix annoying software issues first.
Then probably they do some missing functions (at least these ones which are not very difficult to program)
Every user can have own opinions on GUI including his/her own idea of the best interface
What do you think ? - should then GTmedia Team organize a contest for the look of the GUI DVB application ?
Then maybe a poll to choose the best of the 3 finalists of the competition.

Usually product support takes about 2 years and one year has passed.
I am afraid that there will be no time for that.
For me Android TV system ver 6 is is not the best choice.
I am opposed to choosing newer versions just because they are newer.
But I have read that also top 5 brand (Sxxy) TV Set with Android TV ver 6 on board suffered from major bug - data copy/transfer bug. It was few years ago and they didn't fixed it.
Just to remember the bug is about missing “com.android.documentsui” system file for user rights. (look at viewtopic.php?f=55&t=11684&sid=f638cba7 ... 221846e599
From my Xpexxa smartphone I remember that on ver 6 there were problems with clock/ timer functions.
So maybe the change from Android 6 to 7.1 could solve some software problems

DonSTV

Post by DonSTV »

I also do not mind to update Android 6 to 7.1!

utah

Post by utah »

Sorry to hijack don post.
Hello :wikjan
Thank you for response, I will try to clear up your concerns;
No 10 month absence , please do not assume since no login or posts means absence from forum. Since my purchase of GTC in 2017 I view forum content weekly in order of trying to keep up with GTC firmware and how other forum members have overcome problems. Also I did not post "Other not mentioned" because I choose to mention.
BTW I am of the opinion that GTC box works has improved, although very slowly. I do not login & add to repetitive Negative posts . GTC box works very well for my use with exception of DVB which still has many problems. Firmware fixes have come very slowly for DVB in my opinion.
However I am very appreciative of the support theGTC box has continued to receive. I use box for FTA in NO. America and very few other STB boxes receive anything but basic support. I only know of 2 other Android boxes and they are way out of $ price range vs GTC.
Motor information : Usual DiSeqC motors can store approx 60 satellite positions . In N America at my lattitude I can see sats from 12deg W to 139 deg west . Motor positions start always from my lowest satellite in the east direction and move to the highest in the west position.
My point is Disecq motors are designed to communicate the commands of the receiver, The commands of various receivers maybe listed in different order but all receivers MUST follow the Diseqc protcols :
1 GO east/west: rotate dish antenna to east /west .
2. Fine tune east/west : rotates antenna in step increments.
3. Store stores satellites position numbers 01-60.
4. Goto nn or MOVE rotates antenna to stored sat position.This is critical it does not Matter what you assign as name to a given satellite the motor KNOWS ONLY the position number assigned which will relate to the degree location in the ARC of the satellites any where in the world
Most motors firmware are pre programmed for about 26 satellites. Many receivers including the GTC have position numbers from 0 to 255. I do not why this is but it is !. I do know that there is no FTA receiver that can possibly view all sattelites in the ARC.
5.Goto this command rotates the antenna motor to zero position as a reference point.
6. ReSynchronize/shift allows motor to to re write or calibrate all positions this works with receivers GOto X functions to find satellite position numbers based on Lat and Longitude assigned by receiver.
What I think is GTC engineers have tryed to abbreviate a systems protocols by including every satellite in the north and southern hemphieres and they are listed incorrectly by position number.
This necessitates[at least} in north america making your own satellite list and loading to GTC which really cannot be done as it will conflict with numbers preloaded in GTC and m ay BRICK the GTC.
GTC USAL lists east or west (only shows one direction at time) and gotx/store combined this will not work with any motor firmware that I am aware of !.
I realize the GTC is sold worldwide however I would suggest that engineer provide a lists of satellites that can be downloaded. List would be noted for GTC buyers location in the world.
I also note that when setting up sats and storing position number GTC does not store or assigns all sats the number of sat that was first stored. This is a constant problem. The fact is that there is much work by engineer yet to be accomplished for DVB of GTC box.
Thanks again. :D

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”