GTX COMBO SSD/HDD Hard Disk

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTX COMBO SSD/HDD Hard Disk

Post by Feralkiwi »

I had the same things happening.
In the end my SSD failed to even work on my PC.
Cheap SSD and I think is got too hot with being slow formatted
Some comments online (Aliexpress) suggest the 2Tb SSD I had was a fake and was only 500Mb.

I too tested with the copper cover off for a better plug in.

The best I think is that the GTX can not do more than 500Mb, or that the power supply is not up to the power needs of large SSD.
I think the power on blank screen is that the GTX does a auto play for USB dives. The GT Combo has a menu option to turn off auto play, the GTX does not.

After all the trying SSD my USB3 port failed as well.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

BigAitch

Post by BigAitch »

Thanks for the info Owen I did see your post re the problems you had re the SSD, However my problems are with an HDD. Can you believe that ?? These Western Digital HDD are hardly cheap, $120 for the 1TB and that was brand new price on eBay. Besides the HDD works fine on my PC.

Have you tried MLUSB ? it's a small Android app that allows a NTFS drive to run on Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n&hl=en_US

https://mlusb-mounter-ntfs-write.en.sof ... om/android

Bit more here on similar apps

https://ntfs-mounter.allbestapps.net/

magicspears

Post by magicspears »

Have you ever tried formatting with DiskGenius program? I saw the disk, but it cannot be used after formatting, I could not solve this.

BigAitch

Post by BigAitch »

Hi MS, thanks for your suggestion trying formatting with DiskGenius, unfortunately no go with that either. Same issue as formatting with the PC using ExFAT. No progressing on boot past the splash screen to the main menu. Had to use the back-button on the remote to get the menu to display. Then the usual reading at the Storage selection in the Android menu, Safely Ejected.

I also formatted the HDD in DiskGenius to EXT4. That booted correctly all the way passed the Splash screen to the main menu but at the Storage selection in the Android menu, I had the, Not Supported error.

I finally I used another 2.5" ExFAT HDD that is housed in a USB external case and connected that with a USB cable to the GTX USB port. That also, on boot didn't progress past the splash screen to the main menu, but showed in the Android Storage selection as Safely Ejected twice. (Two entries.) Unplugging the USB cable from the GTX while viewing the Android Storage selection saw the Safely Ejected message disappeared but returned as soon as the USB cable reconnected. Again two entries.

Finally I emailed, support@gtmedia.cc but they haven't got back to me. Surprise surprise. Not even in the Junk Mail where you might think Junk belongs?

magicspears

Post by magicspears »

Hi BigAitch. I connected the SATA disk to the USB port with a USB cable. I am using it now without any problems. I think exeFAT,FAT32 or NTFS is not a problem here. The problem is something else. Try to do it by selecting 1st or 2nd(Android 6.0....in the 3rd picture) in the Modify partition parameter. I guess the problem is here. I think you should try making changes here. When I made changes from here, the device saw the disk. When you run a SATA disk via USB, try formatting the disk. Select the Set as external disk option. Maybe it can be fixed by formatting it from within the device.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (85.39 KiB) Viewed 72 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (77.29 KiB) Viewed 72 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (77.59 KiB) Viewed 72 times

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”