GT Combo has no video signal

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

condorito

GT Combo has no video signal

Post by condorito »

During a storm one of my GT Combo (“GT Combo 1”) stopped showing video.

The device seems to boot normally and responds to the remote control, but nothing is displayed on the TV screen.

I have another GT Combo (“GT Combo 2”) that works normally, so I swapped it and checked that only the “GT Combo 1” is damaged, the rest of my hardware works correctly.

I tried to activate the recovery mode using the reset switch, but it had no effect on activating the GT Combo's video output.

Please can someone tell me about a damaged component that I could replace. I have some knowledge of electronics.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GT Combo has no video signal

Post by Feralkiwi »

No idea of what to fix.

To avoid this again add earth wires from TV to combo and to the TV antenna ground so any ground currents do not use the HDMI cable.
Even a AV cable will help, but then the combo does not have one.
I had issues with an electric fence clicking the video and a AV cable stopped it by adding grounding.

The issue comes from the power supplies not being grounded, the 12V is separated from ground, only the sat and antenna cable do that.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

condorito

Re: GT Combo has no video signal

Post by condorito »

Thank you very much for the advice to prevent the problem from happening again. I will do it with my GT Combo “2” and with the new one I will have to buy.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”