Missing Transponders on Hotbird

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

mr_roba

Missing Transponders on Hotbird

Post by mr_roba »

Hello

I'm confused because I can't find all chanells on my GTC.
I already have 2 pieces of V8 and 2 pieces of V7 and everything works well.
Now on GTC on time it sees some chanells sometimes not.
I already wasted two days to figure it out and still no idea.

Can somebody help me?

Yassinesite

Re: Missing Transponders on Hotbird

Post by Yassinesite »

What is the problem exactly? If you need transponders you are looking for (kingofsat) and if you are looking for how to enter the transponders manually I can help you

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

From your other units that you know that can receive the transponders, make a note of them, then manually enter the transponders into GTC unit.
If they do not come in maybe the TURNER is NOT as SENSITIVE as your other units.

DEN

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

I have list of transponders and know how to add them if they not listed.
But:
- when I do blind scan sometimes GTC finds 30 transponders, sometimes 50 and sometimes 90.
- when I have list of all transponders and use Auto Scan it finds only half of channels - it should be around 1400 on Hotbird
Most annoing thing is that it can't find my favorite channels like Comedy Central HD and CCentral Family HD (both in polish version)
Once I have found those channels but after another satellite scan they were lost.
It is like lottery.
When i connect V8 to this same sattelite cable it works fine and finds everything.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mr_roba wrote:I have list of transponders and know how to add them if they not listed.
But:
- when I do blind scan sometimes GTC finds 30 transponders, sometimes 50 and sometimes 90.
- when I have list of all transponders and use Auto Scan it finds only half of channels - it should be around 1400 on Hotbird
Most annoing thing is that it can't find my favorite channels like Comedy Central HD and CCentral Family HD (both in polish version)
Once I have found those channels but after another satellite scan they were lost.
It is like lottery.
When i connect V8 to this same sattelite cable it works fine and finds everything.
I too have issues with scanning with my GTC.
My issue come from the unit not switching DiSEqC 1.1 AND 1.0, cascade switching.
Many times a scan will scan the default port 1 sat, or scan only the H or V TP's.
If the GTC switches to a wrong sat that has the same TP as the correct sat, (eg 12609 H 22500 is on OptusD1 and OptusD2 sats) then it reports that the channel Info has change and it wants to rescan to correct this.
This will wipe out channels you have found.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

I don't use DiSeqC., but even if I've deleted other satellites, I can find all channels.
I'm starting to worry that my unit is bad.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mr_roba wrote:I don't use DiSeqC., but even if I've deleted other satellites, I can find all channels.
So if you delete all the satellites and enter your own sat list you do scan all the channels?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

Feralkiwi wrote:
mr_roba wrote:I don't use DiSeqC., but even if I've deleted other satellites, I can find all channels.
So if you delete all the satellites and enter your own sat list you do scan all the channels?

Owen
I have tried both: blind scan and auto scan. In all cases GTC find only around 800 programs on Hotbird. Before update it can find 1300 but still without my favourite :(

If I can transfer channel list from V8 or V7...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

No you can not transfer the lists from the V7 or V8.
You can add the TP info manually and the auto scan, I think.
I will try my GTC again today as the new software is there.

If you can not manually enter the TP info then you could try adding it to the .xml file with an xml editor.
This is very difficult.

Owen

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

Feralkiwi wrote:No you can not transfer the lists from the V7 or V8.
You can add the TP info manually and the auto scan, I think.
I will try my GTC again today as the new software is there.

If you can not manually enter the TP info then you could try adding it to the .xml file with an xml editor.
This is very difficult.

Owen
But even if ad TP manually GTC doesn’t find on it anything.
One more thing. Very often GTC shows no signal info. I have to change some channels as soon as it gets signal. The same when I come to satellite settings. When I’m changing TP at the bottom of the screen there is no signal strip. I have to change some settings like power or voltage then signal is started to appear.
Strange.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mr_roba wrote:But even if ad TP manually GTC doesn’t find on it anything.
One more thing. Very often GTC shows no signal info. I have to change some channels as soon as it gets signal. The same when I come to satellite settings. When I’m changing TP at the bottom of the screen there is no signal strip. I have to change some settings like power or voltage then signal is started to appear.
Strange.
Yes I tried the new software today and the same thing.
No signal, then change to another sat and signal yes.
Tried to blind scan, but it kept using the sat on port one, not the DiSEqC switch setting I had.
I still can't use the GTC as it will not scan or change channel.
Back to the V8 Golden.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”