GTMedia v9 Super- worst decision to buy?

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

tryanotherone

GTMedia v9 Super- worst decision to buy?

Post by tryanotherone »

Dear members,

I am proud owner of Freesat (GTMedia) v8 Golden. I am using this receiver for about a year till now. About a week ago I decided to buy another receiver to my livingroom. I decided to buy "newer and better V9 version". I was excited about what to expect, because SAT receiver appeared to be smaller, and I really like the idea of built-in wifi module. So today, when I received my package and after connecting it to TV I was really scared and feel pretty bad about v9 receiver...

Connected do network - fine. Uploaded cccam - fine. Then I tried to find my Satellite [Astra 23.5 E] - but without succes. Then I added satellite manually and start blind scan. v9 Receiver has found about 20 programmes instead of about 150, which v8 found on the same cable connection.

Then I was really shocked about Transponder [TP list]. In v8 there is about 100+ TP for my satellite. In v9 there is about 5? WTF?

Then I realized to add TP manually one by one. After that I started blind scan, but without any better success.

Here I am posting a proof, that v9 has some serious issues and for now it is useless for me.

COMPARISION v8 Golden vs v9 Super on the same coaxial cable, same connection, same TP - Please see signal intensity and quality

Freesat v8 Golden - perfect condition has found a plenty of TV and TVR
freesatv8.jpg
freesatv8.jpg (89.33 KiB) Viewed 2704 times

Freesat v9 Super- poor condition, receiver is unable to find any TV and TVR programme
freesatv9.jpg
freesatv9.jpg (138.34 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
So my question is, Am I doing something wrong, or where is the problem?

Thank you.
Last edited by tryanotherone on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: GTMedia v9 Golden - worst decidion to buy?

Post by cpr43 »

Can you post your firmware revision/ date?? Look for this in the menu Installation section

bumisat88

Post by bumisat88 »

This problem on V9 Super haven't been solved yet!

http://freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... a2d#p35822

tryanotherone

Post by tryanotherone »

I'm away from home now, but after first boot, I immediatelly upgraded my FW with FreesatV9Super-V265.zip file found here:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=6522&sid=43b6c46c9 ... faa6c56229

//edit 18:54 CET
FW.jpg
FW.jpg (152.45 KiB) Viewed 2617 times
//edit 21:17 CET

I realized that TP which are part of the FW has good signal and quality. When I add some TP manually [because they are missing and I want to search for specific channels] all the TP added manually has signal intensity 28% and quality 10%. Do you know why? How can I solve this issue?

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”