Problem with V9 Super firmware

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bernie

Problem with V9 Super firmware

Post by bernie »

Hi team. It looks like the latest firmware (v263 mar 2, 2018) may have a huge bug in it. After I uploaded it successfully to my box I have noticed that in the Antenna configuration section the lines for antenna setup, single satellite search, multiple satellite search, TP list are all greyed out. I cannot setup the parameters like LNb type, LO freq, motor type, etc for anything. The LNB power is set to "ON" in the system setup menu.
I have tried the original version firmware V254 jan1/2018 and it has the same bugs. I have also tried connecting to different type antennas and swapped cables but still no work. I can change the tuner 1 type to fixed or moving but it seems like a major part of the Satellite section of the firmware isn't enabled.
Attached are the screen pics of my box.
Attachments
20180303_010552.jpg
20180303_010552.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 9616 times
20180303_010527.jpg
20180303_010527.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 9616 times
several 3M dishes, V9 Super, V7HD, V7SHD, V8 Super

root

Re: Problem with V9 Super firmware

Post by root »

Hi Bro,i am also using Freesat v9 super, it's a good box and also support HEVC ,the box is working very well, so pls share here New firmware file .

Lost

Post by Lost »

Hello root, you have it in the download section

bernie

Re: Problem with V9 Super

Post by bernie »

Hi team. Since Tanka's V9Super seems to work with the latest software that must mean my box is screwed :evil: I am getting very frustrated with this
box. Does this mean I have to send it back to China for repair or did I just waste my money?

I have tried loading the V7 & V8 firmware and my recognizes it as an invalid file.

guti2840

Post by guti2840 »

Same problem I have please help!!

goldman

Post by goldman »

bernie wrote:Hi team. Since Tanka's V9Super seems to work with the latest software that must mean my box is screwed :evil: I am getting very frustrated with this
box. Does this mean I have to send it back to China for repair or did I just waste my money?

I have tried loading the V7 & V8 firmware and my recognizes it as an invalid file.
yes its not a good idea to flash V7 and V8 software to the v9 super it might brick it, did u try a factory reset, and maybe try loading the new firmware again?

bernie

Post by bernie »

goldman wrote:
bernie wrote:Hi team. Since Tanka's V9Super seems to work with the latest software that must mean my box is screwed :evil: I am getting very frustrated with this

yes its not a good idea to flash V7 and V8 software to the v9 super it might brick it, did u try a factory reset, and maybe try loading the new firmware again?
Hi goldman.
Yes I tried the factory reset and reloading both the original firmware that I copied and the latest v263 firmware multiple times.
To be honest since the unit isn't working as intended I thought loading the other firmware is a calculated risk but what do I have to lose?
thanks for your help.

goldman

Post by goldman »

bernie wrote:
goldman wrote:

Hi goldman.
Yes I tried the factory reset and reloading both the original firmware that I copied and the latest v263 firmware multiple times.
To be honest since the unit isn't working as intended I thought loading the other firmware is a calculated risk but what do I have to lose?
thanks for your help.
yea thats weird. do you have any satellites loaded in the satellite list? if u dont add one to the list and make sure there is a picture of a heart beside it. and exit out u should have ur other settings.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Engineers please note.
This problem is now affecting the Freesat V9 and Freesat V8 finder software as well.
With the V9 the antenna menu and scans can not be accessed.

V9 access issue solved by selecting sats in sat list
With the V8 Finder the "File doesn't match with this box" message is reported.
V8 finder problem is a different issue.

Owen

Eddited after fix found for V8 Super.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bernie

Post by bernie »

goldman wrote:
bernie wrote:
goldman wrote:

Hi goldman.
thanks for your help.
yea thats weird. do you have any satellites loaded in the satellite list? if u dont add one to the list and make sure there is a picture of a heart beside it. and exit out u should have ur other settings.
Hi goldman. Ya I have all the standard european sats in it for now. I'm in Canada so I'm gonna change them to the North American ones later. no I didn't have the picture of the heart beside it I'll try that. Hope it 's that simple of a fix :) If not i think i might try loading a flash.bin file by RS232 next.
Though that probably won't fix it cause I already tried a flash.bin of the two versions of firmware I have both via USB. So if it doesn't work by USB it probably won't by RS232 either.

goldman

Post by goldman »

okay so go into satellite list, and pick a satellite in the list and press ok and heart should appear to the right of the satellite u just selected and just exit out and see if u got ur settings.

bernie

Post by bernie »

bernie wrote:
goldman wrote:
bernie wrote:
goldman wrote:

Hi goldman.
thanks for your help.
Hi goldman. Ya I have all the standard european sats in it for now. I'm in Canada so I'm gonna change them to the North American ones later. no I didn't have the picture of the heart beside it I'll try that. Hope it 's that simple of a fix :) If not i think i might try loading a flash.bin file by RS232 next.
Though that probably won't fix it cause I already tried a flash.bin of the two versions of firmware I have both via USB. So if it doesn't work by USB it probably won't by RS232 either.
Goldman you are the man :) If you were close I'd buy you a few beers :D Thats what iit was to fix it. You HAVE to have the picture of the heart beside the satellite you want then exit out and the other menu items show up. Woo Hoo I was not looking forward to trying a RS232 flash or sending it back.

goldman

Post by goldman »

Glad I could help my friend!

jorgecastejon

Post by jorgecastejon »

consegistes arreglarlo yo no puedo ver ningu canal y no se que hacer :o

bernie

Post by bernie »

jorgecastejon wrote:consegistes arreglarlo yo no puedo ver ningu canal y no se que hacer :o
hi jorgecastejon, okay so go into satellite list (the second main menu item with the satellite picture symbol), and pick a satellite in the list and press ok and heart should appear to the right of the satellite u just selected. exit out and the menu items should be there. you HAVE to have the picture of the heart beside the satellite you want to scan then exit out and the other menu items show up. Then you can scan the satellite or enter the transponders manually. Then check for channels.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

bernie wrote:hi jorgecastejon, okay so go into satellite list (the second main menu item with the satellite picture symbol), and pick a satellite in the list and press ok and heart should appear to the right of the satellite u just selected. exit out and the menu items should be there. you HAVE to have the picture of the heart beside the satellite you want to scan then exit out and the other menu items show up. Then you can scan the satellite or enter the transponders manually. Then check for channels.
Google Translate:
hi jorgecastejon, okay so go into satellite list (the second main menu item with the satellite picture symbol), and pick a satellite in the list and press ok and a heart should appear to the right of the satellite you just selected. exit out and the menu items should be there. you HAVE to have the picture of the heart beside the satellite you want to scan then exit out and the other menu items show up. Then you can scan the satellite or enter the transponders manually. Then check for channels
That makes sence.
The V7 and V8 units do a similar thing, but still show the scan options if no sats are "Ticked".

Many Thanks to "goldman " for finding this solution.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

goldman

Post by goldman »

Gotta love helping someone earlier in the thread fix his issue, and than gets the credit for figuring it out thanks sure makes me wanna keep trying to help people :mrgreen:

bernie

Post by bernie »

goldman wrote:Gotta love helping someone earlier in the thread fix his issue, and than gets the credit for figuring it out thanks sure makes me wanna keep trying to help people :mrgreen:
I am truly sorry goldman. I didn't mean to take credit from you. Feralkiwi I did not find the solution to this problem goldman did. Credit should go to him.

goldman

Post by goldman »

bernie wrote:
goldman wrote:Gotta love helping someone earlier in the thread fix his issue, and than gets the credit for figuring it out thanks sure makes me wanna keep trying to help people :mrgreen:
I am truly sorry goldman. I didn't mean to take credit from you. Feralkiwi I did not find the solution to this problem goldman did. Credit should go to him.
no not ur fault just seemed kinda odd no need to apoligize. just happy I could help u out my friend.
Last edited by goldman on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernie

Post by bernie »

[quote="Feralkiwi"Many Thanks to "bernie" for posting this solution.
Owen[/quote]
Hi Feralkiwi. My apologies to goldman. I did not find the solution to this problem goldman did. Credit should go to him.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes I have read back through the posts and see the goldman found the fix.
I will change the credit to that, here and in the Tools and Users Guide section.

Sorry to you both, and thanks for showing us all.

Owen

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

bernie wrote:Hi team. It looks like the latest firmware (v263 mar 2, 2018) may have a huge bug in it. After I uploaded it successfully to my box I have noticed that in the Antenna configuration section the lines for antenna setup, single satellite search, multiple satellite search, TP list are all greyed out. I cannot setup the parameters like LNb type, LO freq, motor type, etc for anything. The LNB power is set to "ON" in the system setup menu.
I have tried the original version firmware V254 jan1/2018 and it has the same bugs. I have also tried connecting to different type antennas and swapped cables but still no work. I can change the tuner 1 type to fixed or moving but it seems like a major part of the Satellite section of the firmware isn't enabled.
Attached are the screen pics of my box.
1.Satellite list can not choose, go to Satellite List select satellite.
IMG_20180306_151923.jpg
IMG_20180306_151923.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 9209 times
IMG_20180306_151933.jpg
IMG_20180306_151933.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 9209 times
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Feralkiwi wrote:Engineers please note.
This problem is now affecting the Freesat V9 and Freesat V8 finder software as well.

Owen
V9 Super machines can not import other machine firmware.
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Lining wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:Engineers please note.

Owen
V9 Super machines can not import other machine firmware.
Thanks Lining.
The issue with the super was as you described in this topic.
This is solved with selecting sats as you say.
The other similar issue, "File doesn't match with this box", is with the V8 finder.

Owen

tanka

Post by tanka »

I have the V9 super from September 2017 .Then the receiver came only about 16 satellites from Europe.North America not one.At that time I delete all of them and program 55 America Setellites 41 in service and the rest of them only extra.And I have 2.343 channels no problem ..Receiver on the free to air compare to the v8 are better for me.Secaner number one .Problem are on the powervu biss tandberg iptv online movies.I thank that problem occurs on the new firmware.The v9 I have don't have that problem.Because after update I load the channels I made in october 2017.But I secan all the time and no problem.Nhating from v8 super are good for v9super.Only softcamkey.because the first thing I did on the biguine tray to load the channel list from v8 don't accept.Then after so many problemas I decide to make one softcam only for v9 super

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”