V8 Finder V71 HD

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ftauser

V8 Finder V71 HD

Post by ftauser »

I just received my new V8 Finder meter. In the info section the software shows to be 30072018. I find an updated software in the forum for 20190219. Should I update or not? From reading some of the other posts it seems some are having issues after updating. Also looking at the satellites already installed I notice many of the N. American sats are missing. Would it be wise to delete all sats from the meter and add only the sats for my area?
7 1/2' mesh dish, Titanium ASC1 Dish Positioner, Titanium C1 PLL, Freesat V8 Super, Hellobox V5 Plus

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 Finder V71 HD

Post by Feralkiwi »

Updating is your choise, but july last was OK.

Yes clear all the sats and start with just the one you want.

To access the sat / favorite list, first press the OK button to bring up the current list and then press the blue button to access the other lists.
To add favorites use the editor or copy a user data file from a V7HD unit into yor finder, which is based on the Freesat V7HD.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ftauser

Re: V8 Finder V71 HD

Post by ftauser »

Thanks for the fast response Owen. I will edit my sat list and shall hold off on updating the firmware and see how this works on the present firmware. As long as it works without any issues no need to fix what isn't broke.
7 1/2' mesh dish, Titanium ASC1 Dish Positioner, Titanium C1 PLL, Freesat V8 Super, Hellobox V5 Plus

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”