Can not Upgrade V8_Golden_V578.zip

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Amrabed

Can not Upgrade V8_Golden_V578.zip

Post by Amrabed »

Hi,

I just got my V8 Golden Box, today i wanted to upgrade the Fw to V8_Golden_V578.zip, but then i got the massage do not downgrade get the new FW.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Amrabed

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Can not Upgrade V8_Golden_V578.zip

Post by Feralkiwi »

Please remember to unpack the .zip folder and use the .bin file to upgrade with.

Also save your user DB and from the conditional access menu Press "6666" to show the key enit menu.
Once there save your softcam.key file by doing an "Export".

After upgrading you can reload your use DB and "Import" your softcam.key file from USB.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mikelsat

Post by mikelsat »

I had the same problem, I tried to flash with a usb & tried the RS232 tool, but couldn't get either to work,
then I used the PC Update Tool - https://freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=668
(Save your softcam, & channel list first)
I used no cables, just wifi
Switch the receiver on
Open PC Update Tool - (includes PDF instructions)
Put your IP Address in, (Press Mute888 on the remote to see IP)
update mode is set to "All flash", then upload the V578 file
Power off the box (with the remote),
Then Power on the box and click the Green "Start Server" button
Hopefully after a few seconds you should see the following
"Server start!"
"Connected the STB!"
"Version check success!"
"Sending the FILE!"
Then click "SEND FILE"
Last edited by mikelsat on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Don't forget to unpack the file from the .zip folder.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Amrabed

Post by Amrabed »

mikelsat wrote:I had the same problem, I tried to flash with a usb & tried the RS232 tool, but couldn't get either to work, then I took zcache's advice from here, https://freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 982#p13982 and used the PC Update Tool - https://freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=668
(Save your softcam, & channel list first)
I used no cables, just wifi
Switch the receiver on
Open PC Update Tool - (includes PDF instructions)
Put your IP Address in, (Press Mute888 on the remote to see IP)
update mode is set to "All flash", then upload the V578 file
Power off the box (with the remote),
Then Power on the box and click the Green "Start Server" button
Hopefully after a few seconds you should see the following
"Server start!"
"Connected the STB!"
"Version check success!"
"Sending the FILE!"
Then click "SEND FILE"
When I got this loaded I then saved a DumpV578 file just incase, after loading I can now click on the V578 file without getting the "Don't downgrade" message
Nobody has explained why this is happening but I have noticed that in the download section all the other firmware versions are .rar files while these last two are .zip files, I don't see how this would make any difference but why the change?

Thanks for your help, this worked also for me.
I am happy so far and hope the next update just will do by USB :-)

Amrabed

Post by Amrabed »

Feralkiwi wrote:Please remember to unpack the .zip folder and use the .bin file to upgrade with.

Also save your user DB and from the conditional access menu Press "6666" to show the key enit menu.
Once there save your softcam.key file by doing an "Export".

After upgrading you can reload your use DB and "Import" your softcam.key file from USB.

Owen

I unpacked it an i used the bin file, but the box did not update, WIRD!
I am going now to work on the softcam (cccam), with the original Fw. it gave problems with my router, i will see what it does now.

Thnx for the help.

Amrabed

Post by Amrabed »

Oke, The upgrade problem is fexed.

Now an other problem, the box is not working with ZIGGO internet, my router freezes and restarts all the time when connected with V8 Golden with cccam, the cccam starts in the beginning, i see it works than it stops by loosing connection with ZIGGO router, by connection with cable and WIFI as well.
is there anny solution for this problem.

I have 4 clients for 4 servers.

Please HELP!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Amrabed wrote:Oke, The upgrade problem is fexed.

Now an other problem, the box is not working with ZIGGO internet, my router freezes and restarts all the time when connected with V8 Golden with cccam, the cccam starts in the beginning, i see it works than it stops by loosing connection with ZIGGO router, by connection with cable and WIFI as well.
is there anny solution for this problem.

I have 4 clients for 4 servers.

Please HELP!
I suspect that internet providers are adding a filter to stop Freesat and other satellite STB's from using the net to protect the payTV providers from Ccam.
Others have had this problem with Fritzbox and now you with Ziggo.
I found my Skybox satellite unit would not connect through our Spark (Telecom NZ) box.

Try your V8 on someone else's internet to prove this.

Owen

Amrabed

Post by Amrabed »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Amrabed wrote: I suspect that internet providers are adding a filter to stop Freesat and other satellite STB's from using the net to protect the payTV providers from Ccam.
Others have had this problem with Fritzbox and now you with Ziggo.
I found my Skybox satellite unit would not connect through our Spark (Telecom NZ) box.

Try your V8 on someone else's internet to prove this.

Owen

Now i know sure ZIGGO is blocking V8, i tried with other provider and it works perfect, the signal of the other provider is even not that strong at my home it still works good (with little freezes), but so far so good.

I am going to tray with an other router between the ZIGGo and V8, i will let you know the results of that.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Amrabed wrote:Now i know sure ZIGGO is blocking V8, i tried with other provider and it works perfect, the signal of the other provider is even not that strong at my home it still works good (with little freezes), but so far so good.

I am going to tray with an other router between the ZIGGo and V8, i will let you know the results of that.
Thank you

This confirms what I have suspected for some time.
At home we also found that if we powered off then on, our internet modem the speed returned to full speed.
They control speed in these new modems as well.
Internet censorship at our front door!.

Owen

manfenders011

Post by manfenders011 »

i hope next time update via usb please..

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”