V7 PLUS WIFI question

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

MAA

V7 PLUS WIFI question

Post by MAA »

In WiFi Manager, it had no problem finding my network and it says Device on. I clicked on it and where it asks for KEY I typed in my password written on the back of my Netgear Router, but it would not connect. I tried typing in my router password that did not work, I typed in my security key but that did not work, I typed in 0000 and that did not work. What do I type in?
Thanks in advance for any help. MAA

pegasus07

Re: V7 PLUS WIFI question

Post by pegasus07 »

That is very strange
Have you pressed a color button for Connect, after typing in your data. Maybe you did not notice that.
Bedt regards pegasus07
Don Quijote for satellite systems

MAA

Post by MAA »

Pegasus07, thank you so much for responding to my question. Yes, I click on the red button to connect and it will say "connecting wifi please wait". Then it will say "wifi device on(not connected)" It has place #001 as Direct-A3-HP Envy 5640 series (which is my printer), then in place #002 it has NETGEAR42 (which is my router) I have tried with both to get it to connect. The only other place for me to enter anything is for the “KEY”: I really don’t know if that is supposed to be something particular to factory setting in my router or a password I have set up myself. I have tried both.

Mr.Mhmd

Post by Mr.Mhmd »

gtmedia v7 plus
My receiver also wifi problem...
I updated latest firmware wifi plug in again plug out sometimes came this problem and 1080P problem 1080pi okay but 1080P problem

Auto Restart my box
Some times remote not working after i off power plug

Please can you fix it next update...

MAA

Post by MAA »

Hello mh.mohamed1998. I still do not have mine working. I have a Netgear router and so went to the Netgear webpage and added my V7 receiver's Mac Address, and then added it to my "allow list", but it still will not connect. I don't know if you can do the same thing or if it will work for you, but you might want to try it.
I am very disappointed that I am not able to get this receiver to connect to the internet. It looks to me that it needs a "key" and I have tried everything I can think of. It seems there should be something in the instructions booklet to explain how to generate or find the "Key".

MAA

Post by MAA »

OK, I connected. On the back of my router, it has a SSDI. I typed that in for key and hit connect and it did.....Yea!!!!
Now the question is, how do I download an app for watching TV?? It has a Youtube app installed. Do you use that to download other apps?

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

Nice that you solved your problem yourself

Sorry that I can not help you there with more Apps, but I only have the V7S. This receiver has synonymous only integrated YouTube, but I have seen in pictures
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=6715
where this receiver is presented , that even the You **** app could be integrated. I got this receiver, but unfortunately only with YouTube app and no one can, or wants to tell me how I can update You ****, or other apps.

Maybe the Flash memory space is needed by other applications, so that no further application or apps are possible.
Best regards pegasus07

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

mh.mohamed1998 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:13 pm
gtmedia v7 plus
My receiver also wifi problem...
I updated latest firmware wifi plug in again plug out sometimes came this problem and 1080P problem 1080pi okay but 1080P problem

Auto Restart my box
Some times remote not working after i off power plug

Please can you fix it next update...
Maybe by your WiFi Problem I can help you

From MAA
Fr Mai 10, 2019 7:26 pm
OK, I connected. On the back of my router, it has a SSDI. I typed that in for key and hit connect and it did.....Yea!!!!

Will your USB WiFi Stick be recognized by the receiver? That is, you get a message on the TV screen, if you plug in the USB stick?
If so, what is this message?
These receivers only work with WiFi sticks which also have the mt7601 or the rt5370 chip integrated.
With the PC-Tool HWiNFO32 you can find out which chip is installed on your WiFi stick
Greeting pegasus07

MAA

Post by MAA »

in wifi screen my wifi manager is netgear42
configuration mode static IP
IP address a line of 0s
netmask a line of 0s
Gateway the same
DNS server the same
mac address actually shows am address
then ping test
below that option to disconnect
Network status: Connect
I click on Ping test
URL type number
Ip address there is an IP address, but I have no idea where it is to
Times 20
and start
I click on start, but it fails every time
I have no idea why it fails,
Can anyone advise?

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

Do you have the option to set DHCP to ON ?

Best regards pegasus07

MAA

Post by MAA »

Hello Pegasus07, thanks for the reply. Sorry, it has taken me so long to return. I do not see DHCP anywhere and do not know what that means. Network status is "connected". Ping test fails every time. I have a YouTube button on my remote, but nothing happens when I mash it. As far as I can tell, I am connected to the wifi, but there is no way to actually get onto the internet.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

New file for the V7plus just released. Give it a try:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=10381

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”