Freesat V7 stuck in "LOAD" Mode

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

SatEze

Freesat V7 stuck in "LOAD" Mode

Post by SatEze »

My Freesat HD V7 is stuck in "LOAD" mode. When I turn off and restart the receiver it quickly goes from "BOOT" to "LOAD" and stays there! I have unplugged it and waiting over 30 minutes, but it still does the same thing. Is there a way to fix this? I need help getting this working again!

elvic

Re: Freesat V7 stuck in "LOAD" Mode

Post by elvic »

its really easy:

download the last fw
rename to flash.bin
put into usb
insert usb into v7
unplug from power (ac cable)
connect agai and bast press several times menu button from rc
wait until a black screen with white letters appears, youll see a message about upgrading
let it finish, will reboot by it self and voila!

SatEze

Post by SatEze »

elvic wrote:its really easy:

download the last fw
rename to flash.bin
put into usb
insert usb into v7
unplug from power (ac cable)
connect agai and bast press several times menu button from rc
wait until a black screen with white letters appears, youll see a message about upgrading
let it finish, will reboot by it self and voila!
Thank you for your very quick response. At the highlighted....did you say I should connect again and best press the menu button several times?

SatEze

Post by SatEze »

It did not work. I downloaded the latest firmware "FREESAT_V7_HD_20160803.rar" extracted it and renamed it flash.bin. I then copied flash.bin file to the root of the USB stick, and followed your direction. I noticed the USB was not blinking when I plugged in the power cord, only a quick flash and then nothing. Any ideas on how to get this to work again?

Can this be fixed using RS232 to USB cable?

loengnoktha

Post by loengnoktha »

Try again and change new flash drive

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

SatEze wrote:It did not work. I downloaded the latest firmware "FREESAT_V7_HD_20160803.rar" extracted it and renamed it flash.bin. I then copied flash.bin file to the root of the USB stick, and followed your direction. I noticed the USB was not blinking when I plugged in the power cord, only a quick flash and then nothing. Any ideas on how to get this to work again?

Can this be fixed using RS232 to USB cable?
Dear friend:
V7 HD the RS232 connector is in box , need open the box and make a connector.
I think the box can be updated by usb stick if the LED show Load information.
try to format the usb stick to FAT32 agian then send flash.bin file to root.
Press the Menu Key on remote repeated no keep pressing.
Good Luck!
Day Day Up!

SatEze

Post by SatEze »

I gave it a break from constant trying last night. After 8 hours or more of leaving the receiver unplugged, I just plugged in the power, with the flash.bin file already in the USB stick and rapidly pressed the "Menu" button and EUREKA!!!! :o IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!! IT'S AWAKE!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!! :o :D :mrgreen:

Thank you guys for all your help!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Please don't forget that the USB recovery only works with the V7HD remote and not with the replacement V8 remotes.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

SatEze

Post by SatEze »

Feralkiwi wrote:Please don't forget that the USB recovery only works with the V7HD remote and not with the replacement V8 remotes.
So you're saying that V7HD remote can also be used in the same manner on the V8 receiver, but not the V8 remote on the V7HD?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

SatEze wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:Please don't forget that the USB recovery only works with the V7HD remote and not with the replacement V8 remotes.
So you're saying that V7HD remote can also be used in the same manner on the V8 receiver, but not the V8 remote on the V7HD?
I once tried to force an update with the "Menu" button and failed as I was using the V8 remote on the V7 box.
The forced USB update on the V7HD box only works using the V7HD remote, not the V8 remote.
I have not tried the V7 remote on the V8.
I don't like the V7 remote as the Sat and Recall buttons are at the bottom and are hard to reach.
Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

aquiles@500

Post by aquiles@500 »

Tenho um V7S2x q está na mesma situação mas fiz e refiz várias vezes acho q uma centena de vezes, com 4 pendrives e vários firmwares até mesmo renomeie em Flash.bim flash.bim FLASH.BIN e tudo q se possa imaginar até mesmo retirei a EPRON e tentei regravar mas na gravadora diz q a memória só tem 256k estranho peço socorro

aquiles@500

Post by aquiles@500 »

Estou a tentar reviver um Gtmedia V7Sx2
Zerado deu pro por atualização errada, ficando em boot load eterno
N funciona via pendrive tentei com 4 e nada
Aí fiz um cabo Rs232 q já tem na placa mas n encontro loader help

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”