IT SEEMS LIKE NO ONE CARES IN GT MEDIA CUSTOMER CARE

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Douglas

IT SEEMS LIKE NO ONE CARES IN GT MEDIA CUSTOMER CARE

Post by Douglas »

I want to report the same problem i reported in January, we are experiencing the same problems up to now, new softwares are coming and going but seems like you don't care with our problems, is it that you have failed to solve or what,

this is what i reported on January 2019

Hi
I want to report the errors that are in GTmedia V7 plus, when we are exporting keys and import them , always it says, failed to import softcam keys, i hope this problem will be solved soon.

second problem is, when we want to check tv programs using EPG button, instead of showing days of the week, e.g Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, it shows MOtor, most, mon, mond, mont, moro, most , i hope this error will be solved soon

Lastly, it is my request, i have seen the old brands of freesat decoders e.g freesat V7HD, when the channel has the encryption of biss, when u press info button,on the info bar, it was indicating B, and when the channel has the encryption of Powervu it was indicating P, this helps us alot to identify which encryption this channel has, but i have never seen this function on GTmedia V7 plus, most people liked freesat decoders because of that function, i hope u will provide this function to V7 plus as well

we can also be happy if you can not hide conditional access menu, it is a struggle each time we want to go there we must press 6666, it is not easy, very difficult for us users

thank you so much for understanding, I hope the above problems will be solved soon.
Last edited by Douglas on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: IT SEEMS LIKE NO ONE CARES IN GT MEDIA CUSTOMER CARE

Post by cpr43 »

#1 problem in your list can be fix just by renaming the export file from:

export_softcam.key. to
softcam.key

The last one hidding cs w/6666 is just a matter of legal issues.

All others will need to be considere by GT Media for evaluation

Douglas

Post by Douglas »

renaming softcam keys with a computer is not easy, how many times we shall do that, it is tiresome, please solve this error, i dont mind of conditional access to be hidden, but other errors, try to solve them, imagine days of the week to become something else, instead of Monday, Tuesday and etc

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Douglas wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:10 pm
renaming softcam keys with a computer is not easy, how many times we shall do that, it is tiresome, please solve this error, i dont mind of conditional access to be hidden, but other errors, try to solve them, imagine days of the week to become something else, instead of Monday, Tuesday and etc
It's not hard to rename a file, just go to the file and left click on the file then right click on the file to get the window to rename it, simple.

Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Seems to me that they do a pretty good job of keeping things updated, and work pretty hard to do so.

I have two other working Sat Receivers and had two others that burned out, and NONE of them had any customer service, and few if any firmware updates.

So, Kudos to the Freesat / GTMedia crew!

Channel Master

Post by Channel Master »

I have several original freesat's and Pro 2 V8. I do not have these problems. I did a lot of reading on forum and asking questions. You must try what works at your end. I have also taught myself to learn about the freesat and Gt media products. I have had failure at times at my end, but I did not give up. It is all part of the hobby. My humble two cents.

Sat1990

Post by Sat1990 »

I was having problems with my v7s, but I made a publication here and I got results, send a message to the support that they help you.
Estava com problemas no meu v7s , porem fiz uma publicaçao aqui e tive resultado , manda uma mensagem para o suporte que eles te ajudam.

Dstewart50

Post by Dstewart50 »

I have that box need help with getting the cccam keys for us using direct TV sat

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Dstewart50 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 pm
I have that box need help with getting the cccam keys for us using direct TV sat
I hope you are joking about getting Direct TV, they go after end users, I would stay away from that if I were you. JMHO.

Dstewart50

Post by Dstewart50 »

Need help with cccam keys could someone please help me I have the gt media v7 plus

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

Dstewart50 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:08 am
Need help with cccam keys could someone please help me I have the gt media v7 plus
you can buy CCCam account from local area, Please find your vendor.

slm285

Post by slm285 »

Great product however all the errors I found and explained yet still exist after more than year. Your fooling no one by ignore it. Go ahead say its perfect and flawless product your only fooling yourself and anyone that believes it. Go ahead and foolishly swift the blame you have a lot of nerve to blame me your fooling no one but your self. I tried enough to help - I foolishly wasted my time therefore I promise to never buy another foolish product of yours you care nothing about it therefore I know i could get hurt by buying your products therefore when I have a problem I can guarantee you will not be there to help.
Last edited by slm285 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:31 am, edited 9 times in total.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

slm285 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:04 pm
I can agree with you some what I add others too:
1.) Links that we are directed to rather than explain become 404 errors.
2.) Report bugs in your software and get deleted with no notifications of reporting and never fixed
3) I bought several different models thinking no one wants to fix the problems.
4.) For example GT Media Android still shows Servcie instead of Service simple thing to fix.
5.) I had a long list of problems to explain just disappear no notification of writing about them.
6.) It therefore appears that no matter how much I try to be up front about the problems not hint about and leave you clueless and try to touch bases with you about your products a person would think that buying more as a loyal customer or tell people in shopper reviews how great your products are leaves me looking foolish for telling people how flawless your products are.
Hard to understand all your concerns while you show to have only 3 post in the forum?? Are you an older banned member?? Reading your post make me think you have being here for a very long time thou

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

I would like to help correct translation errors if GTmedia could send me a PC program to read and correct the texts. In my case for the German language.
I have previously corrected the German language for older digital satellite receivers. For this I had a hex editor program. Unfortunately, I can not find this program anymore.
I would like to send my request to GT Media directly, can someone please give me the link, or forward directly.
Best regards pegasus07
Don Quijote for satellite systems

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

I would like to just say...

These receivers work pretty good all things considered ,they aren't perfect but for your money they are hard be beat.

In the old days just a GI VC2 descrambler was over a $1000 .

Fortecs were almost $300 . Viewsats were $200 and a CNX nano with a dongle was $200 anyway

And then there were the cards ,had to get them flashed all the time ......... what a pain

The box is for watching satellite TV and that it does for a fraction of the cost when compared to other equipment in the past ,i have been at it since 1987 and Freesat/GTmedia receivers are a good bang for the buck,

Yes i will agree a few features are terrible and maybe need looking into .....BUT.......

You could always purchase the service providers equipment and subscription if you are looking for perfection

jab

Post by jab »

V7 s,

Dear Sir,

i cannot backup and save channels data bin in GT media V7 s before i processes for upgrade new software, every time when you upgrade SW , you have to scan all the channels again, after the update it shows no data . so you have to to redo
why no option to save user data bin like in v7 and v7 max.

or there is any way to save it.

thank you
Last edited by jab on Sat May 04, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

I fully agree with the penultimate posting, but still want to offer my help
Best regards pegasus07

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

jab wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:27 pm
V7 s,

Dear Sir,

i cannot backup and save channels data bin in GT media V7 s before i processes for upgrade new software, every time when you upgrade SW , you have to scan all the channels again, after the update it shows no data . so you have to to redo
why no option to save user data bin like in v7 and v7 max.

or there is any way to save it.

thank you
Important, you need a working USB stick. Try one or more.
I am writing this manual with the language setting in English.
First press the MENU key, then go to Tools, then to USB Backup, then select with VOL + or VOL- to User DB and confirm with Start and OK.

When playing back under Upgrade Mode also select User DB and select under Upgrade File GTM_V7S_DB.bin.
Better is the complete backup of all data, to loose nothing.
Best regards pegasus07
Last edited by pegasus07 on Fri May 03, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slm285

Post by slm285 »

Dear Whom it may concern, If you want to be hard people to prove the facts and difficult to touch bases with ignoring the facts does not make people claim its a perfect product I read low scores in product reviews when they have used the products and have money to buy something else. Some things can not be swept under a rug and not be noticed as they go over it. People who sell your products for example retailers Amazon and others like to get reviews of their products. I like your products do you really expect me to look foolish and tell a lie when its there to be seen by anyone. As you can see from the picture it should be SERVICE not SERVCIE. This picture shows November 2018 when I finally decided to get this picture its over 5 months and no one noticed it yet. I bought over 2 of them. My Best Regards trying to use
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_1344.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1344.jpg (293.2 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
Last edited by slm285 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

slm285 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:11 pm
If you want to be hard people to prove the facts and touch bases with ignoring the facts does make people claim its a perfect product when they have used the products and have money to buy something else. Some things can not be swept under a rug and not be noticed as they walk by. People who sell your products for example Aliexpress and Amazon and ebay like to get reviews of their products. I like your products do you really expect me to look foolish and tell a lie when its there to be seen by anyone. I will try to add a picture if I can be allowed some forums do not allow new members to add a picture however I will try. As you can see from the picture it should be Service not Servcie. This picture shows November 2018 over 5 months and no one noticed it yet.
Hurra hurray I'm the winner I've found even more mistakes in the German translation than you.
I see such a small mistake as insignificant as long as one understands or can sense the meaning. But if somewhere stands Affe ( German for monkey) then not even I know what it means.
Have a nice Day pegasus07

slm285

Post by slm285 »

Thanks pegasus07 I can see why you need to help them. I can correct my spelling and syntax they can too. This spelling error happened near September 2018 however not until November as the picture shows did I write something . However today May the 3rd 2019 its still SERVCIE. I can imagine the trouble Germans are having when its usually spelled a certain way. Yes I looked up affe and it is monkey and ape is Affe or Menschenaffe - Google translate explains. However I wish you the best in being edited right. However I see it will never will happen.
Last edited by slm285 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

jab

Post by jab »

Dear Sir ,
thank you so much now okay it was pendrive issue

thank you

slm285

Post by slm285 »

The subject of my earlier comments. This product in the picture --- About spelling SERVICE as SERVCIE
Attachments
730a158333.jpg
730a158333.jpg (55.43 KiB) Viewed 4337 times
Last edited by slm285 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jcampb3

Post by Jcampb3 »

I got a great deal on my box and it works and I have a pretty good idea what it says. I could buy one that is perfect but I'd rather save a few bucks and read between the lines.

slm285

Post by slm285 »

I bought several Satellite receivers however it was many upon many different companies to test I am amazed I bought a no name generic satellite receiver on ebay - Its the best satellite receiver I ever bought for $18 to $22 that finally picks up those weak signals. However freesat and gtmedia never intened to fix any problem I have over 3 years and still no improvement.
Last edited by slm285 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”