Update Clines through USB

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

gtmarco

Update Clines through USB

Post by gtmarco »

Is it possible to put/update the clines from a file stored on the usb memory? And which is the syntax? (On another deco it worked writing the clines this way: cccamd~address~port~user~pw)

pegasus07

Re: Update Clines through USB

Post by pegasus07 »

gtmarco wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:44 am
Is it possible to put/update the clines from a file stored on the usb memory? And which is the syntax? (On another deco it worked writing the clines this way: cccamd~address~port~user~pw)
Push menu button go to Tools press OK go to USB Backup. Backup User DB + system data and now you have what you want
Don Quijote for satellite systems

gtmarco

Post by gtmarco »

pegasus07 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:42 pm
gtmarco wrote:
Push menu button go to Tools press OK go to USB Backup. Backup User DB + system data and now you have what you want
Thanks. But this will update everything including the favorites ?

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

gtmarco wrote:
Just put all the lines you want to update as you stated above cccamd~address~port~user~pw one after the other in notepad. Then save the file in the cfg format naming cccam.cfg on to your USB stick.

Plug your USB stick on to your STB. Go to menu-networking and press 6 four times from your remote control. CS control appears, then press CS control, then press the red button from your remote control. Now, your cccam is imported to your stb. Enjoy,
N
Anything not clear please ask. Cheers
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

gtmarco

Post by gtmarco »

Zelalem wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:58 pm
gtmarco wrote:
Just put all the lines you want to update as you stated above cccamd~address~port~user~pw one after the other in notepad. Then save the file in the cfg format naming cccam.cfg on to your USB stick.

Plug your USB stick on to your STB. Go to menu-networking and press 6 four times from your remote control. CS control appears, then press CS control, then press the red button from your remote control. Now, your cccam is imported to your stb. Enjoy,
N
Excellent and very clear explanation, thank you so much. In the next days l will be toying with Hotbird and Astra satellites so let's see how everything works! 😀

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

What Receiver do you have is is a normal receiver or Linux Receiver. What is the name of the receiver.
Please give me an exact example of how the line with all punctuation marks must look like. It is mandatory to use this ~ punctuation mark. Does the same work with MgCam on my V7S? Will other data already in the receiver are not overwritten?

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

pegasus07 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:54 am
What Receiver do you have is is a normal receiver or Linux Receiver. What is the name of the receiver.
Please give me an exact example of how the line with all punctuation marks must look like. It is mandatory to use this ~ punctuation mark. Does the same work with MgCam on my V7S? Will other data already in the receiver are not overwritten?
Hello, the instruction is for GTMEDIA STBs and the line with all punctuation for cline cccam or MgCam should look like the following: serveraddress portnumber username password = "C: s1.precccam.com 30000 S6wN9d precccam". To function this as cccam or mgcam, you need to chose from your STB either cccam or mgcam from the CS control protocol. Anything not clear, you may ask here. Thanks
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

As described with spaces? With MgCamd I have to register even more than with cccam. There is still the number series from 01 to 14, is this sequence of numbers then added?
How can I change the filename on my laptop from .txt to .cfg ?
Best regards pegasus07

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

pegasus07 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:15 am
As described with spaces? With MgCamd I have to register even more than with cccam. There is still the number series from 01 to 14, is this sequence of numbers then added?
Best regards pegasus07
Yes as described with spaces and please put the sequence of numbers just after the description in case of mgcam. Regarding changing the file format from *.txt to *.cfg, do the following:
1. after you plug your usb stick on to your laptop, go to file explorer,
2. from the menu tabs, select view,
3. click on 'file name extensions' to select it,
4. now, select your usb stick and click on the cccam.txt file
5. click the file cccam.txt once more to make it ready for editing
6. change the file extension txt to cfg, you are done

regards,

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

Zelalem wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:33 am
pegasus07 wrote:
Best regards pegasus07
Yes as described with spaces and please put the sequence of numbers just after the description in case of mgcam. Regarding changing the file format from *.txt to *.cfg, do the following:

regards,
I have the check mark removed from the entry Show file extension.
I once created the following fictional files: mgcam.cfg with content: mgcam ~ aldisued.com ~ 45000 ~ misery ~ misery ~ 0102030405060708091011121314 and another MgCam.cfg with content: MgCam ~ aldi ...... ~ .......
Both cases, I then One after the other written on the USB stick and plugged in the receiver. In the CS protocol I am then pressed the red button (Import). It comes a message "Are you sure to import data".
I confirmed with yes. New message shows "Saving data finished"

and all my entries go to hell.

Why does it say saving data finished, when not saving data to USB stick or write something in the CS protocol?
Thanks God I made a backup of user-db+system-data.
I will try the whole thing again with fictional cccam and then give an answer - but not today
I'll just go and trink some beers
Best regards pegasus07

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

pegasus07 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Zelalem wrote:
pegasus07 wrote:
Best regards pegasus07

regards,
I once created the following fictional files: mgcam.cfg with content: mgcam ~ aldisued.com ~ 45000 ~ misery ~ misery ~ 0102030405060708091011121314 and another MgCam.cfg with content: MgCam ~ aldi ...... ~ .......
Both cases, I then One after the other written on the USB stick and plugged in the receiver. In the CS protocol I am then pressed the red button (Import). It comes a message "Are you sure to import data".

Why does it say saving data finished, when not saving data to USB stick or write something in the CS protocol?
I will try the whole thing again with fictional cccam and then give an answer - but not today
Best regards pegasus07
After 'saving data finished' pop-up message, the data should be saved to the stb. May be a firmware issue which need to be verified on another version firmware. I have no issues after receiving saved message. Regards,

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

Zelalem wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:33 pm
pegasus07 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Zelalem wrote:
pegasus07 wrote:
Best regards pegasus07

regards,

Best regards pegasus07
After 'saving data finished' pop-up message, the data should be saved to the stb. May be a firmware issue which need to be verified on another version firmware. I have no issues after receiving saved message. Regards,
I have made a mistake. I wrote the line like this:
MgCam ~ aldi.sued.com ~ ........ Now I've tried it differently and between the words just the space bar pressed.
But I have to start with the space bar to write the line, otherwise he leaves the server address the first letter of the name away.
The receiver stores everything under CCcam no matter what I enter. Actually, only the entries Port, Username, Password and Deskey are correct.
The server name is mostly wrong or incomplete.

The biggest mistake, however, is that he simply
deletes the existing entries.
Maybe for CCcam to use if you press the space bar at the beginning of the line. But absolutely useless for mgcam.
Again, I have the V7S with the firmware from 17.05.2019
Best regards pegasus07

gtmarco

Post by gtmarco »

Zelalem wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:58 pm
gtmarco wrote:

N
Hi, I did it naming the file cccam.cfg then I tried with Cccam.cfg and after getting the "OK" message the clines are not saved. Panel is blank....
Just updated the latest firmware 2019.05.17
Do you have a V7 Plus or it's another device?

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

As already described, for me the C line update did not work.
I have a GT media V7S
I have tested it with several firmware versions.
There are always wrong data in the server address written no matter if I CCcam or mgcam update and loose old entries.
Best regards pegasus07

carlostre

Post by carlostre »

Excellent information. Thank you all.

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

This data is related to the Receiver V7S and the menu language English.
The best backup method for server lines, is still written by hand with ink on paper (press edit at CS protocol and you have all data - example "V7S").
The update with the remote control is also not so difficult, takes a few minutes longer, but is also not rocket science.
The backup mode userdb & system-data contains not only server lines but also complete channel lists, including all settings plus favorites entries and WiFi password.
Best regards pegasus07

magicmur77

Recomo pongo las clines en freesat v7

Post by magicmur77 »

por favor alguien me puede ayudar a poner las clines porque no tengo ni idea gracias :roll:

gtmarco

Re: Recomo pongo las clines en freesat v7

Post by gtmarco »

magicmur77 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:46 pm
por favor alguien me puede ayudar a poner las clines porque no tengo ni idea gracias :roll:
menu-networking presiona el teclado 6 en el control remoto cuatro veces y cuando aparece el menu escondido CS control entra alli y escribe manualmente las clines.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”