User manual

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

andymac123

User manual

Post by andymac123 »

Hi folks!
I'm Andy, just joined.
I've been given a DVB-S2 (v7) I think) got it up and running through trial and error, but really need a full user manual as the only one I can find on here is not much more than a quick guide on what the various handset buttons do, and basic connections, but nothing on actually all the ins and outs of using it, such as saving favourite channels etc. Can any of you fine people post a link to a proper manual to download?
Cheers for your help.
Andy.
Attachments
DSCF5377.JPG
DSCF5377.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 1258 times
DSCF5378.JPG
DSCF5378.JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 1258 times

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: User manual

Post by cpr43 »

Hello and Welcome

There is a User Guides and Tools section in the Download Section. There is also a SEARCH bar in the upper right corner. There is a plenty of information around. Please read the forum rules first here: regards

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10263

viewforum.php?f=67

viewforum.php?f=51

P.D.

Im not sure but that packing box looks suspicious. Make sure you have an original GT media box and not a clone.

andymac123

Post by andymac123 »

Hi.
OK, really struggling with this, You say it doesn't look like a genuine GT Media box, Well that maybe true, but I'm sure the previous owner bought it in good faith, but how do I determine if it's a 'fake' or genuine?
Apart from your doubts the unit seems to work perfectly well and the only issue I have is how to save favourites and such basic things, without the operator manual I have no idea how to do this. I can get to where I think this should be done where it displays 5 buttons, which seem to refer to the 4 coloured buttons on the remote, but the fifth button is shown in grey, and there is no grey button.
I downloaded the 'manual in your download section, but this doesn't seem to cover these points, so there must be a more comprehensive version somewhere?
Thanks.
A very frustrated. Andy.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

andymac123 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:32 am
Hi.
OK, really struggling with this, You say it doesn't look like a genuine GT Media box, Well that maybe true, but I'm sure the previous owner bought it in good faith, but how do I determine if it's a 'fake' or genuine?
Apart from your doubts the unit seems to work perfectly well and the only issue I have is how to save favourites and such basic things, without the operator manual I have no idea how to do this. I can get to where I think this should be done where it displays 5 buttons, which seem to refer to the 4 coloured buttons on the remote, but the fifth button is shown in grey, and there is no grey button.
I downloaded the 'manual in your download section, but this doesn't seem to cover these points, so there must be a more comprehensive version somewhere?
Thanks.
A very frustrated. Andy.
What looks like it does not belong to the GT Media is the packaging box. Maybe the V7S is original. Go here and read some basic functions:

https://www.freesat.cc/art/firmware-download_a0030.html
or here:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12407&fbclid=IwAR0 ... 0-558SNS_k

andymac123

Post by andymac123 »

Thanks for your reply, but the links you posted are for V8 not V7S.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

andymac123 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:47 pm
Thanks for your reply, but the links you posted are for V8 not V7S.
Just follow basic commands. V7s and V8 are pretty similar.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”