GTMedia V7 Plus - PROBLEM signal SAT and DVB-T

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

STRETCH

Re: GTMedia V7 Plus - PROBLEM signal SAT and DVB-T

Post by STRETCH »

I know you may have tried this, using the power supply from your (V7S) which you know works, on any of the (v7plus) receivers.

Den

pante

Post by pante »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:56 am
I know you may have tried this, using the power supply from your (V7S) which you know works, on any of the (v7plus) receivers.

Den
I tried on different 12V power supplies from different brands.
If somebody has a V7 plus let me know what kind of tensions are on the mainboard and in places... to locate the problem. Please insert the pictures.

pante

Post by pante »

:arrow: I ask for your help. I'm upset about this. :evil:

At the moment, no answer from:

service@winsat.net
sp-sales01@winsat.net
service@freesat.cn

How does technical support work if they do not respond to a serious problem. It is very strange to me :!:

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have you made contact with your supplier, so that they can set up a receiver that they have in stock (within the same batch) to find if they have the same fault.

Den

pante

Post by pante »

STRETCH wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:33 pm
Have you made contact with your supplier, so that they can set up a receiver that they have in stock (within the same batch) to find if they have the same fault.

Den
I try to contact him by email..., the seller on Aliexpress doesn't answer, the Spanish branch of GTMedia www.winsat.net who sent the package doesn't answer. I am desperate, and I think I will notify my bank that I have been cheated by GTMedia and apply a chargeback.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When you first power on the unit with no LNB cable connected, do you then see any voltage on the LNB output?
The over current protection may trip and lock the power off if your cable / LNB is drawing too much power.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

pante

Post by pante »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:36 pm
When you first power on the unit with no LNB cable connected, do you then see any voltage on the LNB output?
The over current protection may trip and lock the power off if your cable / LNB is drawing too much power.

Owen
When the unit is switched on, there is no voltage at the LNB output. There is 0.00V on all 3 devices. These devices also do not find terrestrial TV when I connect my antenna to DVB-T.

pante

Post by pante »

I connected the antenna to another decoder, from the antenna output I connected the input to v7 Plus.... No signal.
I'm broken. No one can help me. Helpdesk GTmedia & Freesat and seller doesn't answer. I don't understand it all.

Serial numbers of defective devices.
Attachments
serials.jpg
serials.jpg (625.73 KiB) Viewed 3923 times

joelang

Post by joelang »

Brianmb wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:58 pm
I have the same problem with a 7SHD and a 7HD
I tried by updating the firmware on one of them but that made nothing but make me lose time
The fact is that it happened on them both at the same time
I thought it could have been because of the strong winds that could have moved the antenna but once I read this post I realized it wasn't only about me
Please help
I have this problem with 3 out of totally 4 GT Media 7 Plus receivers. Two do not return any terrestrial or satellite programme at all, one does not detected the new DVB-T2 programmes and shows those being closed presently for the new TV format (DVB-T). Clicking on any of those the search detected returns the "Weak Signal" warning while the "strong signal" broadcast in HD is not detected in neither Auto nor Manual search.

joelang

Post by joelang »

pante wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:36 am

service@winsat.net
sp-sales01@winsat.net
service@freesat.cn

How does technical support work if they do not respond to a serious problem. It is very strange to me :!:
My experience is identical - GT Media staff seems overwhelmed at the moment. Their service was a lot customer-friendlier 6 weeks or so earlier. Presently all they come back with is the stern reference to Freenet forum.

pante

Post by pante »

joelang wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:14 pm
pante wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:36 am

service@winsat.net
sp-sales01@winsat.net
service@freesat.cn

My experience is identical - GT Media staff seems overwhelmed at the moment. Their service was a lot customer-friendlier 6 weeks or so earlier. Presently all they come back with is the stern reference to Freenet forum.
I'm sending the shipment back to Spain tomorrow. My bank will be notified of a chargeback to winsat.net. I will request a full refund with the shipping costs incurred. Tomorrow I get 2 pieces from another GTMedia v7 Plus 2 seller, I hope everything will work out. I have reported the case to the European Commission to the relevant department and representative in Spain and I have opened a dispute for damages on the EU website.

Let the officials take care of it. If the company has released damaged equipment, let it suffer the consequences.

I'm sick and tired of the way the company treats customers.

Spain Branch Office:GTMAX TECHNOLOGY S.L
Attachments
IMG_20191226_175856.jpg
IMG_20191226_175856.jpg (865.13 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
EU_European Commission.jpg
EU_European Commission.jpg (402.75 KiB) Viewed 3878 times
Last edited by pante on Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Best of luck, customers come first.

Den

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

From what I have seen here, I personally think you have been duped and you bought a bunch of clones. It has been stated many times here on the forum that the only safe way to purchase GTMedia equiptment is direct with the factory (www.freesat.cc) ... some people complain about the high freight with DHL (the only way they ship) and they only accept payment by PayPal... which to me is very convenient. I have not purchased a lot with them, but I am very happy with their after-sales service.

AFAIK GTMedia does not sell on AliExpress, do not have any subsidiaries, and the only similarity between GTMedia and GTMax is the GT in the name. So please go ahead and raise your dispute with GTMax, and let us all know how it works out. I wish you good luck.

ScreenShot047.png
ScreenShot047.png (44.75 KiB) Viewed 3861 times
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

pante

Post by pante »

That's what I did. I opened the dispute on the European Commission platform. Awesome advertising has GTMax, otherwise known as GTMedia. The equipment seemed to be original ( not a clone ). Either the quality control is GTMedia is tragic or a batch has been damaged.

The seller and freesat.cn - service@winsat.net, sp-sales01@winsat.net, service@freesat.cn are silent and no answer. Something has to be on things, though.

Informing the public about this fact will certainly have a negative impact on sales. Everyone will consider whether it is worth buying from this company before buying.

WINSAT Technology Limited actually has a branch in Spain. The branch is called GTMAX TECHNOLOGY S.L and GTAUDIO TECHNOLOGY S.L. I received a package from this Company.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (812.64 KiB) Viewed 3856 times

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

pante wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:56 am
Hello,

I have 3 units GTmedia v7 Plus decoders. None of them can catch the signal from the satellite. None of them can find a terrestrial TV signal. The software is the latest. Please help me. Is it possible that 3 decoders are broken ? The devices were tested on 2 different SAT and DVB-T TV installations.

I ask for your help.

Video:

Code: Select all

https://streamable.com/7zp69
[/url] and

Code: Select all

https://dropfiles.org/Gp9m7EP5

Hello, I have read your article and we take this issue very seriously
1. It is recommended that you select a satellite after system reset, set parameters, and then perform a blind scan.
2. Can you give me your DB.bin file?
3. V7 PLUS does not support 4K channels, 4K channels mentioned in the post
4. Please use V7S and V7 PLUS for comparison video and show me
5. Can you tell me your satellite antenna? Send pictures to see
6. If it is really a machine problem, please contact the seller to replace the new machine.
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

pante

Post by pante »

Hello,

Today I received a new package from another seller. The effect is very similar. Only 1 tuner worked properly!

My satellite antenna is 115 cm. It doesn't matter what antenna it is. Currently one decoder works, and one is damaged because it doesn't show the signal. The previous three were also damaged and did not show the signal.

I've got two identical devices on video here. The antenna system is the same.
Tuner number: V7SP1910015173 is OK
Tuner number: V7SP1910015275 is damaged

I recorded a video that shows everything ! I only recorded it with one hand so I apologize in advance.

Video:
https://streamable.com/wmvvn
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMs5Dfzv5Ts

Download video: https://dropfiles.org/MFjbHQfp

pante

Post by pante »

Can someone confirm to me that this module is responsible for SAT and DVB-T head voltage ?

What should be the correct voltage on this module? Please inform me.

If it turns out to be true, the manufacturer has released a faulty GTMedia v7 Plus series.
Attachments
Characteristics
Characteristics
beznazwy.png (261.36 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
LNB power module
LNB power module
photo.jpg (3.45 MiB) Viewed 3790 times
GTMedia V7 Plus
GTMedia V7 Plus
Mainboard.jpg (3.88 MiB) Viewed 3790 times

vladimler

Post by vladimler »

pante wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:05 pm
Can someone confirm to me that this module is responsible for SAT and DVB-T head voltage ?

What should be the correct voltage on this module? Please inform me.
Yes, this chip is responsible for the voltage. Including increases from 12 volts to 18 volts.
Here, perhaps the analog circuit will help you.

pante

Post by pante »

You think this chip may be responsible for a defect ( no signal) ?

I am in the process of writing e-mail to Winsat Technology Ltd. Director/CEO/General Manager Mr. Sam Fu. I will try to describe the whole situation. I hope he is the right person to help me.

I think it's a factory defect. That shouldn't be the case.

vladimler

Post by vladimler »

pante wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:53 pm
The chip is precisely responsible for the feed on the heteradine on the head.
But is it possible that there are no necessary control signals on the chip?

pante

Post by pante »

I am surprised that the manufacturer has placed the equipment on the market with such a serious defect that the equipment cannot be used. Where is quality control in this company?

Equipment serial numbers:

V7SP1910015173 - Good device
V7SP1910015252 - Damaged device
V7SP1910015275 - Damaged device
V7SP1910015660 - Damaged device
V7SP1910016263 - Damaged device

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

pante wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:53 pm
If that chip stops working you will still get voltage on the LNB out socket. What that chip does is to boost the LNB_12V_S from 12v to either 13v or 18v, so you should still get the LNB_12V_S minus the drop across the two series diodes, roughly 10.5 volts on the antenna socket. The LNB_12V_S is controlled by Q23 which in turn is controlled by Q26 and Q28, so there are a lot of possibilities of what can go wrong.

I doubt this will be of any use to other members as most people would just return the box if it didn't work, also removing the cover voids the guarantee.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

pante

Post by pante »

All the devices that were sent to me from the Spanish Branch had no seals.

GTMAX TECHNOLOGY S.L
GTAUDIO TECHNOLOGY S.L
Add: Calle del Puerto de Pozazal, 4, Nave 32,28031 Madrid, Spain

They were removed. There are still fragments of the seal on each device, on one screw. The salesman (branch in Spain) was removing probably two elements from the DVB-T head.

For me, this is clearly a factory defect. For 5 devices bought, only 1 device is good.

@juan_vale -> don't forget that DVB-T doesn't find the signal either.

:!: I do not understand why there is no answer after the message sent on 20.12.2019 to the seller (Spanish Branch). Did I start to bury a stick in the anthill and there is actually a problem with this v7 Plus model? I showed good will, I tried to contact the employees of Winsat ltd. and GTMax Technology s.l. These v7 Plus devices were supposed to be a gift for Christmas, unfortunately, there was a failure. At the moment I have taken legal steps because I believe that the consumer is most important. I am now waiting for the development of events how it will end. :?:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Looking at the pic of your board I see that the electrolytic cap for cs10 is green and a different size to the one on my board.
cs10 is a 220uF 25V cap on my board and blue like the other electrolytic caps on the board.

One thing I note is the leads are quite long on the under side of the board, about 3mm on my board.
Leads this long can be bent to short to each other, or if much longer they would touch the case.

The power supply chip us1 is "INN8186" "SCCTV" "1805" on my board.

My board also had a solder flash from the electrolytic cap by the USB port that was luckily not shorting as it was protected by the board coating.
There was other solder waste in that area too around the USB connector.
It would pay to check the under side of your board.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

pante wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:40 pm
I am surprised that the manufacturer has placed the equipment on the market with such a serious defect that the equipment cannot be used. Where is quality control in this company?

Equipment serial numbers:

V7SP1910015173 - Good device
V7SP1910015252 - Damaged device
V7SP1910015275 - Damaged device
V7SP1910015660 - Damaged device
V7SP1910016263 - Damaged device

Hello, we have contacted you by e-mail, GT MAX professionals have contacted you by phone to help you solve it.
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”