V7S and Intelsat 907

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Pickle

V7S and Intelsat 907

Post by Pickle »

Hi

Can the V7S decode SATBACK? I have entered the BISS codes for each of the channels, but get no results on scan. Do I need to add VPID, APID, PCR PID?
Any help gratefully received ;)

STRETCH

Re: V7S and Intelsat 907

Post by STRETCH »

The GTMEDIA receivers are not very good at receiving/decoding the channels from this satellite. (This is just me), other satellites OK.
There is a way to get the channels but it is a long winded way to get them, (I have tried, but only got one channel to work at a time, will not work when you change channel) (all because ALL channels are one transponder).
There may be members on here who got this to work with there receivers, who should reply to help you in this area.(softcam)
You will need to have the (DB EDITOR TOOL) which is in the (download section) for your receiver to help you.
I hope other members may be able to help.

Den

Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Thanks Stretch ... knowing it isn't easy is as good an incentive to carry on as any...!

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Pickle wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:08 pm
Hi

Can the V7S decode SATBACK? I have entered the BISS codes for each of the channels, but get no results on scan. Do I need to add VPID, APID, PCR PID?
Any help gratefully received ;)
Not only the V7s or any other STB will scan in those channels. Ku Band BBC channels will not scan in in any box. They are hidden inside the stream. You will need to enter them using a channel editor. There are some post that explained how. You can also use the SEARCH bar in the upper right corner. Just enter BBC channels in search

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14249&p=57652&hili ... nel#p57652

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=449&p=32238&hilit= ... nel#p32238

Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Many thanks - I'll get onto it (as soon as I'm allowed time :roll: )....

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I am giving this another go, have been playing with the db edit this afternoon for the last couple of hours (good job i'm retired).
As yet no joy, but will keep at it over the weekend, will update as I go along.

Den

Pickle

Post by Pickle »

You are a star ... I too am retired, but somehow have less time than when I worked.... :?:

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I have been trying again to find out if I can get the picture/sound of these channels.
I have used various permutations via the db edit, and have had NO LUCK what so ever, I know that the keys are correct because the channels decode ok on my xxxxxxxxcxxx receiver, I can receive these channels in the UK.
If and when other members see this post and got the channels to work, could you post your findings to help other members in the same boat.
Thanks to all

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

STRETCH wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:36 am
I have been trying again to find out if I can get the picture/sound of these channels.
I have used various permutations via the db edit, and have had NO LUCK what so ever, I know that the keys are correct because the channels decode ok on my xxxxxxxxcxxx receiver, I can receive these channels in the UK.
If and when other members see this post and got the channels to work, could you post your findings to help other members in the same boat.
Thanks to all

Den
The way I would start this would be to scan a TP that is similar and then change the TP info to the match TP with the hidden channels and then re number the SID, Vpid Apid etc of the channesl to match the hidden stuff.
That way all the normal channel stuff in already in the editor.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

This is what I did, found a transponder with similar details, then with the db edit I amended the (1) v_pid /(2) a_pid1 /(3) p_pid /(4) tv_flag /(5) is_scramble /(6) ecm_num. Using CHANNEL 5 HD INFO as follows, (1) 7001 (2) 7002 (3) 7001 (4) 1 (5) 1 (6) 1.
Have tried various things in the (a_type1 and a_type2) of the db edit slots but no luck, the video is H264 / audio MPEG 4.
What other slots should be amended in the db edit to get this to work ie s_id / bq_flag. If we can get this work can this info be put in the (download section) as a stickie for other members.

Den

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

STRETCH wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:32 am
This is what I did, found a transponder with similar details, then with the db edit I amended the (1) v_pid /(2) a_pid1 /(3) p_pid /(4) tv_flag /(5) is_scramble /(6) ecm_num. Using CHANNEL 5 HD INFO as follows, (1) 7001 (2) 7002 (3) 7001 (4) 1 (5) 1 (6) 1.
Have tried various things in the (a_type1 and a_type2) of the db edit slots but no luck, the video is H264 / audio MPEG 4.
What other slots should be amended in the db edit to get this to work ie s_id / bq_flag. If we can get this work can this info be put in the (download section) as a stickie for other members.

Den
If TP and channels are similar specs you only change Vpid Apid Pid and sid. No need to change additional values. The TP that you copy from need to be same Video Type, Audio type and scrambled type (Biss) thou.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I am just off to the airport for a weeks holiday in the sun, as soon as I get back I will up date .

Den

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I am back, after a week in the sun. Have been trying to get this to work on my V8 NOVA ORANGE.
To date I have not been able to get any were near to work.
Went to other satellites and scanned in BISS channels to the 27.5w on the receiver, uploaded the info to USB, then amended channel name / v_pid /a_pid / p_pid, imported this info back into the receiver, added the biss codes against each of the channels, NO SUCH LUCK.
Can other members have a go, for i must be missing something simple.

Den

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

STRETCH wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:10 pm
I am back, after a week in the sun. Have been trying to get this to work on my V8 NOVA ORANGE.
To date I have not been able to get any were near to work.
Went to other satellites and scanned in BISS channels to the 27.5w on the receiver, uploaded the info to USB, then amended channel name / v_pid /a_pid / p_pid, imported this info back into the receiver, added the biss codes against each of the channels, NO SUCH LUCK.
Can other members have a go, for i must be missing something simple.

Den
I will say to just try with (1) channel. Keep in mind some channels are DVB-S, DVB-S2 , FEC (2/3, 3/4, 5/6 etc) , H.264, H.265 etc. Also, Need to be Biss coded. Once you find one that meet all the specs do the copy and modify the Apid,Vpai, Ppid. Once you scan, modify and re-load the DB proceed to add (enter) the Biss code for it.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

This is an updated table for channels. Look for video type, sids, etc and see if they match with yours

Intelsat 907 @ 27.5° West 11495 V 44100 9/10 DVB-S2/QPSK
Attachments
BBC.jpg
BBC.jpg (210.05 KiB) Viewed 3287 times

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

The info that I have been using is the same as of the above post by (cpr43) from (flysat).
Have been trying for most of the day to get this to work.
With just one channel (BBC 1 SD) I have tried various combinations and with the biss codes confirmed.
If members in the areas of Canary Islands / Algarve / South Spain who receive the said channels with any of the GTMEDIA receivers and decode the channels via the (softcam) CAN YOU ADD to the board, HOW you get this to work, so that other members in the future who buy these receivers who wish to receive these channels, will be able to.
I do not need to receive these channels (I am in the uk), I through I may be able to get this done to help others.
I know of a receiver that decodes these channels, with a little work round, but there is no longer support for these receivers.

Thanks to all who can add.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I find that if you start from the channel you want to code and go to the biss menu and press "ADD" all the info is there, Sid, Freq, SR etc and all you need do is delete the 16 x zeros and type your code in.

Sometime you get lost as the SID etc can be displayed in Dec and the entry needs Hex.
SID 200 Dec is then entered as Hex C8. The ADD feature is way easier.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Been having another go to try and get this to work, just using the HD channels, HAVE GOT IT TO WORK using the db editor.
Using BBC ONE HD.
(1)v_pid= 6601 / (2)a_pid= 6602 / (3)a_type 1= AAC / (4)a_pid 2= 1 / (5)a_type 2= AAC / (6) p_pid = 6601 (7)tv flag= 1 / (8)is_scramble= 1

(9)sid = 17540 / (10)ecm= 1.

I found a BISS channel on 3E with similar specs, using the (loop - through) of another receiver I scanned in that transponder to my V8 NOVA ORANGE,
using the db editor I amended the info as above.
Then went to the keys section to add a line in the BISS KEYS, against the said channel, when you add a line ( transponder details are shown)
SERVID (HEX) details comes up, add the keys and remember to SAVE, EXIT, then SAVE again, this will bring you back to your channel.
It will still say (Encrypted Program) at this point (power off the receiver with the remote) wait a few seconds (power on again) the channel WILL CLEAR WITH SOUND. / Do this to each channel when you add them.
Carry out the ABOVE against each HD CHANNEL.
When you CHANGE CHANNEL, you will get (Encrypted Program) to decode the channel you will have to (power off the receiver with remote)
wait a few seconds (power on again) the channel WILL CLEAR.

I HOPE THIS WORK ROUND HELPS OTHERS

I will have a go later, to see if I can get the SD channels to work.

Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Does the Vpid , apid etc info change after you power off on?

I have found in the past that when making changes to Apids etc you need to use a SID that is not an active SID otherwise the channel data will auto update and remove your changes.
This may not happen with these hidden channels as the data set is not sent, that being the hidden part.

Owen

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have down loaded the system details again, a few hours after the receiver has been operating (after been off/on quite a few times).
There have been a few changes a_pid2 now = 0 / and the a_type2 now = PCM.
Will try this out on a V7S tomorrow (4 Feb ), will let you know how I get on.
Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have been trying to get this to work on the V7s and V7Plus models that I have also got.
Carried out the same procedure as I did with my V8 NOVA ORANGE but have NOT been able to get it to work with these two receivers.
I hope this helps others.

Den

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Comments welcome.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”