V7 Plus is working but not responding remote control unit with new batteries.

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Watote

V7 Plus is working but not responding remote control unit with new batteries.

Post by Watote »

My GTMedia V7 Plus is working but not responding remote control unit with new batteries.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V7 Plus is working but not responding remote control unit with new batteries.

Post by Feralkiwi »

I assume you have powered off and on again.

Look at the IR LED in the end of the remote with a digital camera.
You should see it flashing if it is working.

You can open the remote by prizing it a part with your two thumb nails.
Look for dirt or broken tracks.

Most remotes I have that have stopped working, it is the IR LED at the end is loose on the circuit board and they need re soldering.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Watote

Re: V7 Plus is working but not responding remote control unit with new batteries.

Post by Watote »

That GTmedia V7 plus remote control unit is working in GTmedia V7 combo. May I know how to force for upgrading GTmedia V7 Plus .I tried to force but it didn't response.I rename GTmedia V7plus latest bin file to flash.bin and while power on the receiver and press MENU continuously .I don't recognize my firmware version and can't check because remote is not working.Please give me other sugesstions if you know. Thank you.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Watote wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:18 pm
That GTmedia V7 plus remote control unit is working in GTmedia V7 combo. May I know how to force for upgrading GTmedia V7 Plus .I tried to force but it didn't response.I rename GTmedia V7plus latest bin file to flash.bin and while power on the receiver and press MENU continuously .I don't recognize my firmware version and can't check because remote is not working.Please give me other sugesstions if you know. Thank you.
If the RC is not working then the pressing of the Menu will also won't work. if the RC is working on the combo means it is OK. I guess you will need to use the RS232 force process. You will need a jack/ rs232 cable and your computer, Instructions are here.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7535

Kodhek

Post by Kodhek »

It's the remote that's not working. If there's no obstacle, a new remote can do better

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you have two units can you try using the V7 Combo remote on the V7 Plus.
If this is not working then it may need a flash.bin recovery.

You say "My GTMedia V7 Plus is working".
By this do you mean it boots and then shows the channel it is on OK, both sound and picture?

You could try the flash.bin recovery using the V7 Combo remote menu button.

If you have a universal remote, try the "Skybox" or "Openbox" options.

Did you open and check inside your remote?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

unbrutal

Post by unbrutal »

As a seller, there some cases about the same problem to a new decoder, which I tested before sell to my customers. What I do is swap the front panels of this decoder to another. Later on both is working perfectly.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”