When searching satellites at the end I get a message no program? no program when

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

mackie413@gmail.com

When searching satellites at the end I get a message no program? no program when

Post by mackie413@gmail.com »

Everything works except I can not save or use anything. Satellites show up and searching is fine, but at the end shows - no program!
no signal because I can not save at the end.
My internet also won't work, data error...
What am I doing wrong? Is there an upgrade or something I need to do first to get it running?
It is getmedia v7 Plus. It never gets to boot on display.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: When searching satellites at the end I get a message no program? no program when

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check that you have your satellite set up to match your LNB on your dish.
If you have more than one dish you will also need to set up switching, DiSEqC 1.0 port 1-4.

Please explain what set up of dish etc you have and what satellite you are searching.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mackie413@gmail.com

Re: When searching satellites at the end I get a message no program? no program when

Thanks for the reply,
I have a 39" disk and a standard lnb.
I was looking at the specs on the lnb and saw it handles the low freq, I thought an lnb covered all the satellites.
I also tried to update software and it asked for a password? What password do I use? I put 0000 and it said it will put default in.
The satellite I was looking at was W63.00 Telstar 14R. The rotor moved and I scanned the satellite and it picked up the channels but,when it finished it said no program!
I'm new to this so bear with me! I thank you for the help!

Richard D Mack

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Can you confirm what channels you hope to receive from that satellite.
If it is the channels on the (MTN) transponder 11564h 3320 (North America) we lost (SPORT 24) a while ago via softcam, I do not know about the other channels on this transponder.
The few other channels are set on (Brazil).

Den

mackie413@gmail.com

Right now, I'm in the process of installing cable inside the house from outside. I will try again when I have finished. And I will let you know how I did.
Thanks!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

What box do you have? V7HD, V7 Max, V7Combo, V7s, V7Plus?

That you got a password request is odd.
When is password asked for? What buttons like menu have you pressed when it asks for the password?

The best way to scan for channels is to use "Blind" scan, not "Auto".
Auto scans use the TP info that is in the unit, Blind scans looks for what is there.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mackie413@gmail.com

I have a v7 plus

When it asked for pass word-......
when I go to upgrade and back-up
I didn't check the lnb when I went to scan, so maybe that's it.....when I try again I will set lnb freq!

Thanks

mackie413@gmail.com

O.K., I have hooked up the outside cable and turned on the receiver....
whent to satellite list and chose a satellite-Star One C2 W70 lnb-9750 - motor type DisEqC1.2
set lnb to network search off -single scan -full scan
it goes to full scan and it shows the 0057 Star One C2 12080 V 29890 just for an example. there are several there. at the of scan it say's no program found!
What is this no program thing?
My satellite meter shows good signal? outside at the ant!
I have tried 2 receivers now....getmedia v7 plus and getmedia v8 nova and the same results!
something else I noticed, under full scan you have a window with tv and radio,then you have the satellite scanning, the satellites show up under these
windows but not in the tv window or radio window. It will go out and scan all satellites. but in the end it say's no program?

Thanks

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Can you confirm your system set up as, is it just a single dish set to a single satellite, if so what satellite is the dish pointing at, or is it a set up with a motor?
What ever system you have got, it is best to do a (BLIND SCAN), which will bring in transponders that were not in the data base of the receiver.
What band do you wish to receive the channels in (C BAND) / (KU BAND), C Band will require a very large dish, from your first post your dish size is very small , which may be part of the problem, lnb setting for ku band should be 9750 - 10600.

Den

mackie413@gmail.com

Only fta
I was looking at the lnb and here are some of the satellites it can get=galaxy 19,25,123
amc 4
amc 5
for fta what should the lnb freq. be set to?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Setting in your receiver should be (Universal (9750-1060) to receive channels in the ku-band, 22k setting should be set at (AUTO).

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mackie413@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:11 pm
O.K., I have hooked up the outside cable and turned on the receiver....
whent to satellite list and chose a satellite-Star One C2 W70 lnb-9750 - motor type DisEqC1.2
set lnb to network search off -single scan -full scan
it goes to full scan and it shows the 0057 Star One C2 12080 V 29890 just for an example. there are several there. at the of scan it say's no program found!
What is this no program thing?
My satellite meter shows good signal? outside at the ant!
I have tried 2 receivers now....getmedia v7 plus and getmedia v8 nova and the same results!
something else I noticed, under full scan you have a window with tv and radio,then you have the satellite scanning, the satellites show up under these
windows but not in the tv window or radio window. It will go out and scan all satellites. but in the end it say's no program?

Thanks
Hi
Frist you say " motor type DisEqC1.2". Do you have a dish mover motor?
If you do and it is one of those small ones that the ku 700mm to 1.2m dish mounts on the rotor shaft, then the best option to start as a beginner is to use USAL, not DiSEqC move setting.
USALs uses the longitudes that are listed with each satellite and your "Location" that you need to enter into the unit.
Location shows up after you select USALs and then click on the motor settings.
A calculation is made between your location and the satellite longitude as to where to move the dish.
In DiSEqC mover you need to move the dish to a satellites position and then save that location with a location number.

Second as STRETCH said use "Blind" scan as this will find the signals regardless of a incorrect LNB frequency setting.
The LNB setting of 9750/10600 will work if you have a Universal LNB that uses two Ku bands.

Third "My satellite meter shows good signal? outside at the ant!
What satellite meter do you have?
If it is a digital finder can you look at the dish setting in that and copy them into your units.
If it is a tone only type, you can use that to find each satellite and then save the position in the DiSEqC motor mode.

As for "FTA" this is Free to Air only setting in a search.
This makes the unit only scan in the FTA channels, not the scrambled ones as well.

Good luck

Own

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I think we will have to start from scratch, have a look at (dish pointer), put in your location and the satellite that you wish to receive, when the info comes up, move the cross to were your dish is, the info will give you (elevation of dish)(skew of lnb) (LONGITUDE & LATITUDE) for location, etc.
Also have a look in this forum, in the (download section) (gtmedia user guide)(gtmedia v7 series user manual 09/07/2019) down load this and print it off, this will give you a guide on how to set up your receiver and keep for reference.
After looking at this site, us members will help you set up your receiver.

Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

zaxxon

Post by zaxxon »

Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:12 pm
Thanks for the reply,
I have a 39" disk and a standard lnb.
I was looking at the specs on the lnb and saw it handles the low freq, I thought an lnb covered all the satellites.
I also tried to update software and it asked for a password? What password do I use? I put 0000 and it said it will put default in.
The satellite I was looking at was W63.00 Telstar 14R. The rotor moved and I scanned the satellite and it picked up the channels but,when it finished it said no program!
I'm new to this so bear with me! I thank you for the help!

Richard D Mack
A lot of signals up there do not have audio and video they are data only. They will show up when doing an initial scan but when you try to save them you get the "no program" message.

mackie413@gmail.com

No, but since I have tried 2 receivers and I get the same results, I ordered another lnb.
The receiver no matter what mode it is in, comes back with no program when done! everything works o.k. it just acts like there is no program to
work with?
Thanks,
Richard
Last edited by mackie413@gmail.com on Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

mackie413@gmail.com

What is Xtream and Stalker in the IPTV mode? Do they have to be programed to work?

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:43 am
No, but since I have tried 2 receivers and I get the same results, I ordered another lnb.
The receiver no matter what mode it is in, comes back with no program when done! everything works o.k. it just acts like there is no program to
work with?
Thanks,
Richard
Hi Richard,
I have been following your 'saga' but as you was being looked after I did not butt in, I have a couple of comments:

1.- If you remove the antenna cable from the receiver and do either a blind scan or a full scan you will end up with a message saying "no program found". While doing the full scan you will see the list of transponders programmed into the receiver flash across the screen, as you have already told it where to look, but the result will always be "no program found". It is simple, if it doesn't have a signal then it can't tune them in.

2.- How do you know your antenna is alinged correctly, it's not just a case of putting it on a pole and it adjusts itself. I don't have a motor/mover for my Ku antenna, I have to go outside and move it manually, but I do have two C_Band 10ft wiremesh dishes and they take a lot of adjustment to get them to track the satellites across the arc, first the elevation and then the azimuth, if you are lucky you can do it in a couple of hours, otherwise it can take days. So I an curious to know how you installed the antenna.

3.- Understanding the SIGNAL and QUALITY readings on the antenna display page of your receiver:
(a) S=0 Q=0.....no lnb connected or bad coax or bad lnb
(b) S=70 Q=0.....lnb connected no signal from satellite (the 70 is noise generated by the lnb)
(c) S=70 Q=70.....lnb connected, signal from satellite OK, adjust for max Q.

I hope this helps a little.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

mackie413@gmail.com

Thank you, I installed the antenna and set it up by the sun....meaning when the sun comes up and goes down and finding the noon time setting when
the shadow of the lnb is centered on the dish...then you are right on,,, I have a signal meter and tuned up to max. my signal intensity was 92% and my signal quality is 0% on the receiver,,, when I hooked up my meter, I could get signal to adjust? But, when I scanned the satellite several channels showed up and at the end of the scan it said no program? My lnb is set at Universal(9759-10750. I do have a rotor and I noticed it is not turning now...but is says turning please wait.
So, now I know what no program means, that makes sense thank you....
my meter is model# SF-9505
satellite finder kit PG-753.
freq 950-2150 mhz
Thanks for injecting your thoughts, That helps me understand what is going on, I need to aline my ant more....

Thanks,
Richard

P.S. I just got out of the hospital with a foot problem ,so it will be a few day's before I can resume.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:02 pm
Thank you, I installed the antenna and set it up by the sun....meaning when the sun comes up and goes down and finding the noon time setting when
the shadow of the lnb is centered on the dish...then you are right on,,, I have a signal meter and tuned up to max. my signal intensity was 92% and my signal quality is 0% on the receiver,,, when I hooked up my meter, I could get signal to adjust? But, when I scanned the satellite several channels showed up and at the end of the scan it said no program? My lnb is set at Universal(9759-10750. I do have a rotor and I noticed it is not turning now...but is says turning please wait.
So, now I know what no program means, that makes sense thank you....
my meter is model# SF-9505
satellite finder kit PG-753.
freq 950-2150 mhz
Thanks for injecting your thoughts, That helps me understand what is going on, I need to aline my ant more....

Thanks,
Richard

P.S. I just got out of the hospital with a foot problem ,so it will be a few day's before I can resume.
That's not how you setup a satellite dish, google this, dishpointer.com, it mite help you to understand what is wrong with your setup.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Yeah... thats an old Ham method of adjusting an antenna, using the sun-noise to get max.
But, when I scanned the satellite several channels showed up
those are the pre-programmed transponders, if they were channels they would appear at the end of the scan.

Get your foot healed and do some more adjusting, I have never played with a Ku H-H but I would start by putting the position of the antenna to the satellite closest to your longitude and find that one first, then play with the azimuth. The satellite closest to you longitude will be at the high point of the arc, and that is where you adjust the elevation.

Hopefully :| we will all be here to help when the time comes. Good luck.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Hi Richard
Sorry to hear about your foot, get that healed first, but in the mean time, as I have said before, print off a user guide for your receivers, HOME PAGE,
scroll down to DOWNLOAD CENTRE, scroll to GT MEDIA USER GUIDE, CLICK ON your models and download and keep for reference.
Unpack the downloads and print off, as they say (you now have some bedtime reading).
This should help you in setting up your motor satellite system (universal setting should be 9750 - 10600) to receive signals in the ku band.
When you get round to sorting out you system us members will be here to help.
Get well soon.

Den

mackie413@gmail.com

Boy, thanks everyone! You guys have helped me a lot, good info....
See you when I get well and have finished tuning....
Thanks,
Richard

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you did set the dish for midday, I hope you allowed for any daylight saving and any off set your location's time has, like my New Zealand standard time is out by 25 minutes from solar time where I live. Work out your time from your longitude and use GMT time.
Then you will need to adjust the dish mount up and down vertically only until you get the best signal from that satellite.
The other very important thing with Ku band movers is to have the post mounting Vertical.

To set up the dish angle ( the up down angle setting on the mount) you need to select a satellite that is at the same longitude as your location. Most of those Ku movers have angle marking on them. This should be the same as your latitude.

If you are having trouble finding the vertical position for your dish after setting it to midday this may help.
If the closest one if a little off, make a false satellite in the satellite list and set the longitude for that satellite to your locations longitude. Then select that satellite using USALS, as this will position the mover to the top center position. That is where you should be to set it to solar midday.
Remember to also set your location lat and long in the set top box, as it is used as part of the calculation.
Then you can select the satellite that is the closest to your longitude. The dish will move to that position.
Now you can move the dish up and down vertically for the best signal from that satellite.

USALS move commands use the longitude for each satellite on you sat list along with your saved location.
DiSEqC move commands use saved positions (1-63) for each satellite that you need to save after you have the dish pointing at each satellite.
As most Ku band dish movers have both USALS and DiSEqC, I use USALS to move the dish to a satellite and then switch the satellite mover setting to DiSEqC and fine tune the position using the move west / east commands before saving the DiSEqC satellite position.
If USALS is working fine then leave the satellite on USALS setting.

Good luck.

Owen

mackie413@gmail.com

Thanks Owen....will try to rest my dish and try everything you guy''s have said...
Thanks again,
Richard D Mack

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”