GTMEDIA_V7 Series Bug Tracking System

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

lucaluca

Re: GTMEDIA_V7 Series Bug Tracking System

Post by lucaluca »

Cluster.One wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi, try connecting it with the AV analog video output (you must have the right cable)

Otherwise using the RF to TV output, in this case you have to do a channel search on TV for analog VHF channels not digital, when you see menu image you can make the right adjustments.

Se sei Italiano oltre che in inglese puoi scrivere anche in Italiano così ci capiamo meglio.
Sono un cretino: non avevo considerato proprio l'ipotesi di poterlo collegare in analogico...
Risolto!
Grazie mille!

brisel

Post by brisel »

lucaluca wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:06 pm
Sono un cretino: non avevo considerato proprio l'ipotesi di poterlo collegare in analogico...
Risolto!
Grazie mille!
@lucaluca What was the frequency or channel on analog? / Qual era la frequenza o il canale in analogico?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

lucaluca wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:59 am
Hi, until yesterday everything was ok until I tried to change the resolution on my GtMediaV7-HD.
Now after an initialization and a green flash all goes black and I can't even access the menu to make any changes, whatsoever.
Is there a way I can reset the options as they were before "in a blind way"?
Thank you
[img]C:\Users\luca_\OneDrive\Musica\Immagini\gt media\1[/img]
I do not know if this function below is in units as far back as the V7HD but try it.
It sounds like your unit is in PAL TV mode and your TV can not display that.
As Cluster.One said,try a AV cable, but if your TV does not do PAL that will not work as well.

When the unit has fully booted, do you see a number on the display, a channel number,and can you press the up or down button to change channel?
If not it may be that your unit has crashed. Most crashed units show only a green LED and no display.

Owen
Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

3F4Z1K0 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:46 pm
Hi,

I have a question about the local time for the unit...

Where does it get it from?: the satelite signal (now pointing at 34.5w), the WiFi, or the TDT signal (Colombia GMT -05:00)?
I ask because when I set it up at Menu/System/Local Time Setting, and turn ON GMT usage at -05:00 (summer time Off because we don't have that), and turn off the unit using the remote control, it displays 7:25 (AM or PM don't know) but the actual time is 12:36PM.
And when I set it up at Menu/System/Local Time Setting, and turn OFF GMT usage, and set it up manually the date and correct time, and turn off the unit using the remote control, after a few hours it displays the wrong time (again), but the date remains well (as far as I've seen).

So that behavior is making me crazy because I don't know how to set the unit to show the correct time for my location.

Thanks.
GMT time is taken from the satellite TP you are tuned to.
Many have incorrect time, even future time.
Check if other TP's are showing the correct time.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

3F4Z1K0

Post by 3F4Z1K0 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:34 pm
3F4Z1K0 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:46 pm
Hi,

I have a question about the local time for the unit...

Where does it get it from?: the satelite signal (now pointing at 34.5w), the WiFi, or the TDT signal (Colombia GMT -05:00)?
I ask because when I set it up at Menu/System/Local Time Setting, and turn ON GMT usage at -05:00 (summer time Off because we don't have that), and turn off the unit using the remote control, it displays 7:25 (AM or PM don't know) but the actual time is 12:36PM.
And when I set it up at Menu/System/Local Time Setting, and turn OFF GMT usage, and set it up manually the date and correct time, and turn off the unit using the remote control, after a few hours it displays the wrong time (again), but the date remains well (as far as I've seen).

So that behavior is making me crazy because I don't know how to set the unit to show the correct time for my location.

Thanks.
GMT time is taken from the satellite TP you are tuned to.
Many have incorrect time, even future time.
Check if other TP's are showing the correct time.

Owen
Hi,
Now it make sense...as I'm trying with different satelites to find one or two for key autoroll (not for only FTA becaus the very expensive tv services) here at my little arc of view in the South America with only a Ku dish.
so my best choice is to set time and date manually disabling GMT
thanks...again!

Italyguy

Re: GTMEDIA_V7 pro march firmware Hidden film app menu

Post by Italyguy »

I have just bought V7PRO from amazon , I put the last firmware March 2021..
But the film APP youtube opens ok & connects OK
the hidden Youp APP opens OK & NEVER connects ... may be servers had changed. always DATA ERROR
can you resolve ?

joecz

Post by joecz »

V7PRO sw V3.2.88.9.262 16/3/2021

wifi connect to AP infrastructure problem.
If there is more than 1 AP in infrstructure mode - so more than one AP with same SSID then after few seconds of STB connection to such a network - network is not usable. Wifi shows network satus as connected, but ping to router is not succeed. Even ping from STB to IP for wifi interface is not working. Wifi Manager than shows all APs from such infrastructure network. So many APs with same SSID. After connection to one of AP, network is working again for few seconds and then stops. Reboot is resolving problem just for few seconds and then network is not working again.
Work arround is to connect only to single AP network with unique SSID

brisel

Post by brisel »

I have an issue with antennas and amplifiers.

I am using this antenna
on two receivers. One of them is V7pro, second one is TV. In order to watch channels on TV I installed antenna amplifier supply Image. Same cable is going to v7pro. The issue is that V7pro cannot turn off. It constantly goes into loop of booting when power off is pressed on remote controler. It seems that it detects some voltage in antenna input and cannot be shut down.

If I turn off that external amplifier supply I can watch channels on TV only when v7pro is turned on with setting of Antenna power ON (so v7pro should be always on). What could be the reason of this issue?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The Antenna power setting is default to power "ON".
I feel this should be default "OFF".

Anyway turn that menu option to OFF and then power the V7Pro off with the remote to ensure the menu setting is remembered and power on again and check the antenna power is off.
I had no issue with making this setting stay off, but remember if you upgrade the software it will default to on again.

The antenna power on will clash with your power supply and that overloads the V7Pro power supply and makes it reboot.

Good luck

Owen

oldskoolsat

V7S2X bug - EPG day of the week

Post by oldskoolsat »

Rx: V7S2X
Firmware: v433
Nature: Day of week not in language set in System menu.
------------------------------------------------------

When looking at the EPG the day of the week is not in my preferred language (I don't even know if it is another language - as it never varies).

Instead of

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday

is always shows

Moro
Most
Most

I have an image, but can't see how to upload it.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: V7S2X bug - EPG day of the week

Post by Tom.w »

oldskoolsat wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:20 pm
Rx: V7S2X
Firmware: v433
Nature: Day of week not in language set in System menu.
------------------------------------------------------

When looking at the EPG the day of the week is not in my preferred language (I don't even know if it is another language - as it never varies).

Instead of

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday

is always shows

Moro
Most
Most

I have an image, but can't see how to upload it.
hello
we will check it

oldskoolsat

Post by oldskoolsat »

Day of the week bug - follow up.

I've worked out how to add an image now - see below.
V7S2X EPG days sml.JPG
V7S2X EPG days sml.JPG (365.65 KiB) Viewed 61782 times
This is on 19.2°E
As well as the day of the week, some of the programme details seem to be in the wrong language. For example NHKWorld Japan in English has 'Diffuse en HD' (French for transmitted in HD). I have been watching quite a few French channels.

The same programme on 28.2°E does not show 'Diffuse en HD'.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello

we have released a new firmware :viewtopic.php?f=39&t=19889 (v434)
please upgrade this firmware and check the epg day issue.

oldskoolsat

Post by oldskoolsat »

Tom.w wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:31 am
we have released a new firmware :viewtopic.php?f=39&t=19889 (v434)
please upgrade this firmware and check the epg day issue.
Just re-flashed v434

Days look more sensible now, although Tuesday is normally abbreviated to Tue rather than Tus.
German looks OK apart from Tuesday (Dienstag), which displays as Dein.
French
- Saturday (Samedi) displays as 'Sat"
- Sunday (Dimanche) displays as 'Soleil' (sun)
- Monday (Lundi) displays as 'Mon'
- Tuesday (Mardi) displays as 'Votre' (your)

Pete

kriz2

Post by kriz2 »

Model: V7 Pro
HW: V2.01 01/04/2020
S/W: tested on firmware 16/03/2021 and 16/04/2021
I noticed two errors:
1) slight freezes on satellite channels, different Hotbird 13E transponders and channels.
On a different tuner (V7S HD, Ferguson) - everything works perfectly.
2) terrestrial tuner - strength always 95%, quality always 85% :).

oldskoolsat

Post by oldskoolsat »

V7S2X - v434 - Astra 19.2°E - 12,168V - $France 3

Yesterday I tried to (instant) record a programme on $France 3. The usual graphic appeared on screen, but there is no recording on my hard drive.

So today I set a timer recording on the same channel - again it apparently records, but nothing on the drive.

Is this normal for '$' channels?

Pete

GT_TR

Post by GT_TR »

txt doesnt work with Turksat 42E trt packets
receiver: v7s hd
my deviceS;
V7S HD
V8UHD
V8FINDER V2

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

oldskoolsat wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:03 am
V7S2X - v434 - Astra 19.2°E - 12,168V - $France 3

Yesterday I tried to (instant) record a programme on $France 3. The usual graphic appeared on screen, but there is no recording on my hard drive.

So today I set a timer recording on the same channel - again it apparently records, but nothing on the drive.

Is this normal for '$' channels?

Pete
hello
can you watch this channel?
if it shows encrypt channel, and can not watch it, it can not be recorded by v7s2x

oldskoolsat

Post by oldskoolsat »

Tom.w wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:00 am

.....can you watch this channel?......
Yes I can so I've done a bit of experimenting & made some progress.
-----------------------------------------------
The mystery of disappearing recordings (onto Western Digital 'PassPort' USB pocket 2 1/2" hard drive).

22 April - made 2 recordings whilst watching $France2. Later could not find the recordings.

27 April - made a recording whilst watching $ARTE - again can't find it.
27 April - made a test recording of the whole transponder (2 minutes) - again can't find it.

Later I discovered that by pressing 'PVR' on remote I still see the same 49 recordings (most done on another satellite receiver & all of them TS files) that were there before, but not the ones I'm looking for.

But pressing 'VIDEO' on the remote and navigating to (the SAME) PVRS folder I find there are 51 recordings.
The 2 extra are 'ARTE' (27 April) & whole transponder (27 April). The earlier $France2 files aren't there.

I turned off & swapped the drive for a memory stick.
Did test recording - now it works - I can see the recording OK, when I press 'PVR'.

I plugged the hard drive into a computer. All the missing recordings are visible & I can view them with VLC (no sound, because E-AC3 (Dolby+) is used).
Also there are 62 recordings (most done on another satellite receiver & all of them TS files), not the 49 visible when plugged into the V7S2X. But among them are the two 22 April recordings.

Can anyone explain this?

brisel

Post by brisel »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:31 pm
The Antenna power setting is default to power "ON".
I feel this should be default "OFF".

Anyway turn that menu option to OFF and then power the V7Pro off with the remote to ensure the menu setting is remembered and power on again and check the antenna power is off.
I had no issue with making this setting stay off, but remember if you upgrade the software it will default to on again.

The antenna power on will clash with your power supply and that overloads the V7Pro power supply and makes it reboot.

Good luck

Owen
You can look at this what happens, problem not solved yet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JVyzSi ... p=drivesdk

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

brisel wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:40 pm
I have an issue with antennas and amplifiers.

I am using this antenna

on two receivers. One of them is V7pro, second one is TV. In order to watch channels on TV I installed antenna amplifier supply . Same cable is going to v7pro. The issue is that V7pro cannot turn off. It constantly goes into loop of booting when power off is pressed on remote controler. It seems that it detects some voltage in antenna input and cannot be shut down.

If I turn off that external amplifier supply I can watch channels on TV only when v7pro is turned on with setting of Antenna power ON (so v7pro should be always on). What could be the reason of this issue?

Sorry I must have missed this comment from you.

You can not have two power supplies on the same cable.
As you say you can power the amplifier from the V7Pro with the antenna power set to "ON", but if the V7Pro is turned off the TV will not work.
Question, Can you see channels on the V7Pro with the V7Pro antenna power "OFF" and the TV amplifier power "ON"?
If that works then of cause the V7Pro will not see channels when the amplifier power supply is off.

At the point where you join the two cables to one cable, then to the outside antenna you could put in a splitter, one for 5 - 2600MHz or 5-950MHz or 5-2100, not a 950-2600 as they are for satellite only. The splitter needs to be power pass on both outputs (often labeled "all ports power pass") to the TV / V7Pro.
Splitters like this have diodes in them that stop the power from one device back feeding to another.
With that you can have the amp power supply on and the V7Pro off or both on if you power off the amp supply as you power off your TV.
If you have one that is power pass on one port only, set up that port with the amplifier power supply.

Owen

3F4Z1K0

Post by 3F4Z1K0 »

Hi all,

I have two V7Pro with the 16/04/2021 firmware.
I used to load a little SoftCam.key file that included almost 2.000 keys (Viaccess, Irdeto, Nagravision, PowerVu, Biss, MGCAMD BISS and Tandberg), when I loaded it (after an upgrade mostly) It showed "Import succesfull" and the keys for each type were visible at the "key edit" hiden menu.
Now, when I turn off the unit using the back panel switch (not the remote) and then turn it on again, and go to the "key edit" menu it shows no keys of any kind at all ... Where did they go?

thanks.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

3F4Z1K0 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:03 am
Hi all,

I have two V7Pro with the 16/04/2021 firmware.
I used to load a little SoftCam.key file that included almost 2.000 keys (Viaccess, Irdeto, Nagravision, PowerVu, Biss, MGCAMD BISS and Tandberg), when I loaded it (after an upgrade mostly) It showed "Import succesfull" and the keys for each type were visible at the "key edit" hiden menu.
Now, when I turn off the unit using the back panel switch (not the remote) and then turn it on again, and go to the "key edit" menu it shows no keys of any kind at all ... Where did they go?

thanks.
Maybe key space on the V7 models is full. Usually max in PV is 1,000. See if you can try deleting old keys. Also, try making a test cutting the softcam file to 1,000 and see if the are kept after on/off

rocker

Post by rocker »

My V7PRO does not turn off after timer recording.
AV Out - only one channel working output to Hifi
DVB-T - channels pixles on 658 MHZ, reception perfect according to the receiver
DVB-T - Signal and Quality the receiver always shows 95-85
Last edited by rocker on Fri May 07, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

rocker wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:07 pm
My V7PRO does not turn off after timer recording.
AV Out - only one channel working output to Hifi
DVB-T - channels pixles on 658 MHZ, reception perfect according to the receiver
about the item1, after timer recording, You need the box to enter standby mode automatically.yes or not?
we will check this requirement.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”