GTMEDIA_V7 Series Bug Tracking System

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Lining
网站管理员

GTMEDIA_V7 Series Bug Tracking System

Post by Lining »

Please moderator edit this post to collect the issues
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
template:
<Unit><Priority> <Status> <Name> <Description>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<V7> <P1> <New> <XXX Question> Address
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Black_venoms

Re: GTMEDIA_V7 Series Bug Tracking System

Post by Black_venoms »

I’m not sure if this is in the right area. But, I’m have really annoying audio issues. After flipping through channels then, stopping on a channel, audio gets garbled. I have to turn off the receiver then, turn it back on to restore normal audio. Until I flip through channels again and have it happen all over again.
Model: Gtmedia V7S
Also have the latest firmware installed.
I’ve also tried different satellites. The problem happens on all of them.

Black_venoms

Post by Black_venoms »

I’d like to announce there is no bug or software issue. The issue was my tv. I went to audio settings and, turned off sound enhancement. Right away the garbling sound stopped and, I now have clear audio. I thought I’d post back so, if anyone else has an issue they may be able to take the proper steps to resolve their issue.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Excellent, glad you made it!!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

You might also try the two options for HDMI format of the audio output.
I had no sound with ACC sound channels with one option and it worked well with the other for my TV.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

joshhd

Post by joshhd »

Model: V7 Plus
Problem: Channel SIDs does not sort in ascending order

Since I started using GTMedia V7 Plus, I notice that SIDs on all channels across any TPs does not sort in ascending order.

There is no option for me to sort all channel SIDs in ascending order.
This doesn't happen when I previously Freesat (GTMedia) V7 Combo or any other STB brands. In fact, this is the first time I ever see this kind of issue occur.
Please fix this on the next update, or at least provide an option on DBEditor software to sort SIDs in ascending/descending order.
Otherwise, I have to manually Move Up/Down all channels into my desired order, which is very troublesome and wasting time.

I need it to be sorted in the default ascending order to do regular channel updates.
Thank you.

Raptor

Post by Raptor »

model: v7s
not record correctly
viewtopic.php?t=17556

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

joshhd wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:56 am

Since I started using GTMedia V7 Plus, I notice that SIDs on all channels across any TPs does not sort in ascending order.

This doesn't happen when I previously Freesat (GTMedia) V7 Combo or any other STB brands. In fact, this is the first time I ever see this kind of issue occur.
Please fix this on the next update, or at least provide an option on DBEditor software to sort SIDs in ascending/descending order.
Otherwise, I have to manually Move Up/Down all channels into my desired order, which is very troublesome and wasting time.

I need it to be sorted in the default ascending order to do regular channel updates.
Thank you.
Sorting is not currently supported
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

joshhd

Post by joshhd »

Lining wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:08 am
joshhd wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:56 am

Thank you.
Sorting is not currently supported
I know the software now cannot sort the channel according to SID.
I hope GTMedia software team can provide a STB software update to make sure sort all channels in ascending order (顺序) by default, instead of random order like as shown in screenshot above.
This has never happen before in previous GTMedia/Freesat models that I used... :(

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

joshhd wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:18 am
I know the software now cannot sort the channel according to SID.
I hope GTMedia software team can provide a STB software update to make sure sort all channels in ascending order (顺序) by default, instead of random order like as shown in screenshot above.
This has never happen before in previous GTMedia/Freesat models that I used... :(
The default list setting returns the lists back to the last time you imported a channel list.
If your blind scan has them in the order you want as you first scan the satellite, you can export the list and import it again and the "Default" should be that list. Or you can set the list as you want, then export / import and that should be the default.
I did this for a motel unit, as the "Sort" option can not be blocked by menu locking.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Megacable

Post by Megacable »

I need help with to 3700 3000. The pics is good but sound freez . It's a deco freesat gt v7 Hd

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Megacable wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:33 pm
I need help with to 3700 3000. The pics is good but sound freez . It's a deco freesat gt v7 Hd
You will need to tell us what satellite and channel too.
Try the sound output options in the settings menu.

Owen

Megacable

Post by Megacable »

Intelsat 21. 58 w. Channel it's fox sports

Jhonfiamme

Post by Jhonfiamme »

Hola, También lo nesecito por favor

kriz2

Post by kriz2 »

After scanning a satellite or a transponder, the tuner freezes completely. It does not respond to the remote control. Power must be turned off.
H/W version: 2.0
S/W version: V4.2.83.46.428 18/08/2020

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What satellite and which transponder.

Den

kriz2

Post by kriz2 »

STRETCH wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Den
Hotbird 13.0E + any transponder

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

kriz2 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:16 pm
STRETCH wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Den
Hotbird 13.0E + any transponder
when you tuner on the box,how about the status,can playing the program or still freezing, broken

kriz2

Post by kriz2 »

Does not play the program, tuner crashes/freezing after end (100%) of searching for satellites. After disconnecting the power and rebooting everything works fine. First searching (blind scan) after factory settings works properly.
IMO-obvious firmware bug...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try searching the satellite with the antenna setting for polarity changed to just H or just V.
First searching (blind scan) after factory settings works properly.
Does this problem only happen when you scan the satellite for the second time?

Owen

kriz2

Post by kriz2 »

Antenna system works properly (checked on other tuner: Ferguson Ariva). Polarization changes nothing. The problem occurs every time, except for the first scan after firmware upload/factory settings. All other tuner functions are working properly. Only the need to disconnect the power after scanning... The found programs are added to the channel list, but you need disconnect power. After scanning, the message/window with the number of channels found does not appear.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

kriz2 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:54 pm
Antenna system works properly (checked on other tuner: Ferguson Ariva). Polarization changes nothing. The problem occurs every time, except for the first scan after firmware upload/factory settings. All other tuner functions are working properly. Only the need to disconnect the power after scanning... The found programs are added to the channel list, but you need disconnect power. After scanning, the message/window with the number of channels found does not appear.
Please what model V7 is this?

Does the unit crash / freeze if you scan with the LNB cable disconnected?
Can you USB upgrade a user data file into the unit?
Does it crash if you scan a different satellite on the sat list?
Are you using the satellite in the sat list that is there after factory reset, or are you adding you own sat to the list?
What switch (DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1) setting are you using?
Is your dish a motor control dish or a fixed dish?

Owen

kriz2

Post by kriz2 »

Please what model V7 is this?
GTmedia V7S HD (P)
H/W version 2.0 11/03/2020

Does the unit crash / freeze if you scan with the LNB cable disconnected?
yes
Can you USB upgrade a user data file into the unit?
yes
Does it crash if you scan a different satellite on the sat list?
I use only Hotbird 13.0 E
Are you using the satellite in the sat list that is there after factory reset, or are you adding you own sat to the list?
I use the satelitę in the sat list that od there after factory reset
What switch (DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1) setting are you using?
both - disable
Is your dish a motor control dish or a fixed dish?
It is fixed dish

kriz2

Post by kriz2 »

at this point the power must be disconnected...
Photo attached.
Attachments
IMG_20200926_111108.jpg
IMG_20200926_111108.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 55345 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try doing a "ADD" to the satellite list and add a new satellite and set the LNB frequency etc for your dish.
Then do a blind scan of that new satellite.
This will add only the active TP's to the list.
If you also change the LNB setting for polarity to H, it will only scan half the channels.
Then change it to V and blind scan again. Doing that will scan and save half the 1077 channels that may be the issue for the unit.
Also when scanning set the scan to TV only and then radio only.
There have been issues in the past with radio channels crashing units. GT Media have made fixes each time this has happened.

If all that does not work maybe try downgrading the software to GTMedia_V7S_Europe_UI_20200312.zip?

To do that you need to use the flash.bin method.

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

Good luck

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”