signal problem dvb-T2 with V7 PRO

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

frarosso

signal problem dvb-T2 with V7 PRO

Post by frarosso »

Hi,

I bought a V7 pro, loaded the new firmware but I got reception problems with dvb-T2 channels both before and after.
First, with the automatic search I found less channels than with a v7 plus (I already got) and several channels have a bad signal. Besides I cannot switch to ON the Antenna POWER setting. When I try to switch it ON I get a popup message "Antenna shortcut - OK" than the Antenna POWER setting return automatically OFF. It could be the problem of bad signal. I have also some snapshot in attach. Do you know someone I can contact to solve this problem?
Regards
Attachments
Antenna3.JPG
Antenna3.JPG (130.73 KiB) Viewed 976 times
Antenna2.JPG
Antenna2.JPG (37.62 KiB) Viewed 976 times
Antenna1.JPG
Antenna1.JPG (50.49 KiB) Viewed 976 times

Lining
网站管理员

Re: signal problem dvb-T2 with V7 PRO

Post by Lining »

frarosso wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:27 am
Hi,

I bought a V7 pro, loaded the new firmware but I got reception problems with dvb-T2 channels both before and after.
First, with the automatic search I found less channels than with a v7 plus (I already got) and several channels have a bad signal. Besides I cannot switch to ON the Antenna POWER setting. When I try to switch it ON I get a popup message "Antenna shortcut - OK" than the Antenna POWER setting return automatically OFF. It could be the problem of bad signal. I have also some snapshot in attach. Do you know someone I can contact to solve this problem?
Regards
You can send me a private message directly,
1. Check if the antenna you are using is short-circuited, it will prompt
2. Does the DVB-T2 antenna have power?
3. You need to turn off the 5V antenna power supply, the load is too large, and the output voltage exceeds 5V
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

frarosso

Post by frarosso »

Hi,

I have also a gt media v7 plus and the settings are identical.
If I remove the antenna cable from v7 pro and put in v7 plus all works fine, I can switch the antenna power setting to ON,receive more channels and all channels are of good quality.
So there are two chance
1- it is a software problem
2- it is an hardware problem

frarosso

Post by frarosso »

Lining wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:41 am
frarosso wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:27 am
Hi,

Regards
You can send me a private message directly,
1. Check if the antenna you are using is short-circuited, it will prompt
2. Does the DVB-T2 antenna have power?
3. You need to turn off the 5V antenna power supply, the load is too large, and the output voltage exceeds 5V
Hi,

I have also a gt media v7 plus and the settings are identical.
If I remove the antenna cable from v7 pro and put in v7 plus all works fine, I can switch the antenna power setting to ON,receive more channels and all channels are of good quality.
So there are two chance
1- it is a software problem
2- it is an hardware problem

I don't have a powered antenna, I put in the cable from the wall. As I said g7 plus works fine

frarosso

Post by frarosso »

Maybe the problem is due to the cable... I will check it furtherly.
Anyway I saw that when the automatic scanning dvb-t2 Italy, the frequesncy 522000 is not scanned. Instead I see 000000

kladovchk

Post by kladovchk »

frarosso wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:56 am
I don't have a powered antenna, I put in the cable from the wall. As I said g7 plus works fine
And why do You turn on the "antenna power" if you have it working without an amplifier? Set up the antenna, You may have poor reception. (GTMedia_V7PRO_Release_20200903)
Attachments
dvb-T2 with V7 PRO__.jpg
dvb-T2 with V7 PRO__.jpg (133.63 KiB) Viewed 907 times
dvb-T2 with V7 PRO.jpg
dvb-T2 with V7 PRO.jpg (43.87 KiB) Viewed 908 times
dvb-T2 with V7 PRO_.jpg
dvb-T2 with V7 PRO_.jpg (50.85 KiB) Viewed 908 times
GTMEDIA GTX Combo, GTMEDIA GT Combo, GTMEDIA V8 UHD, GTMEDIA X8, GTMEDIA X8 Combo, GTMEDIA V8 Turbo and GTMEDIA V7 Pro
GTMedia V8FINDER Pro2, V8Finder Pro, V8 Finder Max, V8FINDER2, V8Finder-Meter, GTMEDIA V8 Finder BT05 and GTMEDIA D2

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

My V7Pro is due today and I will test it on this asap.

I posted on the antenna power check function a while ago.

Have you tried working with the option antenna power check "OFF"?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”