Does not start

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

tvsatelite

Does not start

Post by tvsatelite »

Greetings,
I have a problem with my GT-media V7S HD only the green LED is on but the device does not turn on. I tried to restore the device by booting it with a flash.bin file pendrive, but without success. does anyone have any solution to fix the problem. thankful!

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Does not start

Post by cpr43 »

tvsatelite wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:15 pm
Greetings,
I have a problem with my GT-media V7S HD only the green LED is on but the device does not turn on. I tried to restore the device by booting it with a flash.bin file pendrive, but without success. does anyone have any solution to fix the problem. thankful!
Try flash.bin or Flash.bin
try smallest USB drive 1, 2 or 4gb

tvsatelite

Post by tvsatelite »

I did the procedure but without success, there are reports of other users having the same problem

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

tvsatelite wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:15 pm
I did the procedure but without success, there are reports of other users having the same problem
There are other users which succeeded, keep reading

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

tvsatelite wrote:
Greetings,
Try a 1gb or less USB drive, the receiver does not like a USB over 2gb and some of them will not work.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

iq180 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:35 pm
tvsatelite wrote:
Greetings,
Try a 1gb or less USB drive, the receiver does not like a USB over 2gb and some of them will not work.
and the USB filesystem should be fat32,not ntfs.

tvsatelite

Post by tvsatelite »

Greetings, I followed the tip with 1GB pen-drive on fat32 and it worked perfectly. I want to thank the community for their help in helping each other. thank you very much! :D

WhyDuck

Post by WhyDuck »

What is the procedure for flashing this tuner ??

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There are many user guides here on the download page.

flash.bin recovery is here.
For normal updating use the menu option USB Upgrade and you softcam.key file from the conditional access menu "Export".
Save your user file and any Ccam info you have as well

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bevedo

v7 pro nereaguje

Post by bevedo »

na V7 pro svítí pouze zelena kontrolka aktualizace přes usb nefunkční obrazovka televizoru černa jak dále?

Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: v7 pro nereaguje

Post by Tom.w »

bevedo wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:49 am
na V7 pro svítí pouze zelena kontrolka aktualizace přes usb nefunkční obrazovka televizoru černa jak dále?
you need to force upgrade via usb following the user guide from viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14431

bevedo

Post by bevedo »

nereaguje na dálkové ovladání obrazovka černa hlasí že není připojení stale svítí zelena led

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Here are my notes on flash.bin recovery

Also after a software install the unit will be in PAL TV mode, not NTSC.
The newer model remotes have a "TVMode" button to press to change the mode.

Older model GT Media units have this green button function to change from PAL to NTSC blind.
Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

Good luck

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bevedo

Post by bevedo »

TV se hlasí že není žadny vstup od GTMedia V7PRO na přístroji svítí pouze zelena a nereaguje na dálkové ovládání-kabel hdmi i baterie v ovladači jsou ok. Na usb 1MB nahran firmware ve správném tvaru (flash.bin) aktualizce po stisku tlačitka mode nejde.
je jiny postup?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

bevedo wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:39 pm
TV se hlasí že není žadny vstup od GTMedia V7PRO na přístroji svítí pouze zelena a nereaguje na dálkové ovládání-kabel hdmi i baterie v ovladači jsou ok. Na usb 1MB nahran firmware ve správném tvaru (flash.bin) aktualizce po stisku tlačitka mode nejde.
je jiny postup?
Menu boton pressing and releasing several times. Do not keep pressing Menu all the time
Do you see on box front panel the "Upgrade....... or "Upgr.....?
Do you see ---- on box front panel?

bevedo

Post by bevedo »

zkoušeno několikrat nic nereaguje -žadný nápis mrtvo

bevedo

Post by bevedo »

přední panel pouze zelena kontrolka

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check that your remote is working by looking at the IR LED in the end through a digital camera.
You should see it flashing when you press a button.

Note please you press the "Menu" button when doing a flash.bin recovery, not the "Mode" as you said above.
The mode button is for changing the TV mode after you update.

Owen

bevedo

Post by bevedo »

vše vyzkoušeno kabel ovladač ok, existuje způsob jak rozchodit po kabelu usb? zkoušim podle navodu GTMedia V7 V8 refresh tool (20.8.8.2020) take bez upspěchu

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”