GTmedia V7 PRO Combo DVB-T2 & terrestrial DVB-T2 tuner sensitivity

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Cluster.One

GTmedia V7 PRO Combo DVB-T2 & terrestrial DVB-T2 tuner sensitivity

Post by Cluster.One »

I ask buyers from Italy and beyond, how the terrestrial DVB-T2 tuner of GTmedia V7 PRO Combo looks to you

Thanks to those who want to answer

Sensibiltà del sintonizzatore del GTmedia V7 PRO Combo

Chiedo agli acquirenti italiani e non solo, come vi sembra il sintonizzatore DVB-T2 del GTmedia V7 PRO Combo

Grazie a chi vorra rispondere

STRETCH

Re: GTmedia V7 PRO Combo DVB-T2 & terrestrial DVB-T2 tuner sensitivity

Post by STRETCH »

I use this receiver against the (FREEVIEW) system here in the UK, from the (Sutton Coldfield) transmitter which covers part of the (Midlands) area.
The sensitivity of the tuner is good for the signal from that transmitter, i also get channels / signals from a relay transmitter which is in line with the main transmitter.
Signal from main transmitter (S 95 / Q 85)25 miles, relay (S66 / Q 57) 11 miles.
So have to use the remote of the receiver to amend the channel list, what this receiver lacks, the same with the V8UHD, is that it does not have the facility to put the channels into the correct order, (like the receivers which were built for these systems).Plus different areas of the UK have different channels lists with (blanks) within them to be taken up at a later date.
Which will be the same for each country.

Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

Thank you very much for your reply, If signals are strong or you live near the transmitter all receivers are fine, I need to know how it performs in fringe area where signals are weak.

Michele

ghani Ajja

Post by ghani Ajja »

The reception of DVBT2 on V7PRO is very good,
I live in a suburb in Indonesia, which is far from the DvbT2 signal relay. I use an additional digital antenna with an iron pipe about 10m from the ground using an RG6 cable. the T2 signal is more stable.

Regards.

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

Ok, two positive opinions, seems to be a good tuner.

Thanks a lot

Regards

gigano

Post by gigano »

Only 96 Terrestrial channels out of 350 found whit last firmware on my GTmedia V7 Pro combo.

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

gigano wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:51 pm
Only 96 Terrestrial channels out of 350 found whit last firmware on my GTmedia V7 Pro combo.
I don't know if I understand correctly, In your area you can find 350 terrestrial channels and with GTmedia V7 Pro combo you tune only 96?

With another receiver you get all 350 channels ?

Did I get it right?

If this is the case then tuner is really poor! Like GTMEDIA TT Pro

350 channels are a lot, do you live in Italy? I think that only in Italy we have so many terrestrial channels, most of them are worth nothing but that's another story.

Regards

gigano

Post by gigano »

Yes italy, with other dtt t2 receiver get 350 channel.

Regards

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

Ok, allora possiamo anche parlare italiano, se le cose stanno così il tuner DVB-T2 del GTmedia V7 Pro combo fa abbastanza schifo.

Saluti

Ok, then we can also speak Italian, if that is the case DVB-T2 tuner of the GTmedia V7 Pro combo sucks enough.

Regards

gianfranco37

Post by gianfranco37 »

A me dovrebbe arrivare in settimana e ti farò sapere. Non metto in dubbio l'anomalia che ti è stata segnalata, ma ti assicuro che in altri lidi ho letto anche molti report di segno opposto. Non molto tempo fa ho acquistato un decoder combo di altra marca, sul quale qualche user ha segnalato lo stesso problema, ma sul mio quel problema non si è manifestato e funziona egregiamente. Esistono tuner poco sensibili, ma ce ne sono anche di troppo sensibili e basta qualche db di segnale in più per mandarlo in saturazione e il risultato sai qual è ? Assenza di segnale.

It should arrive to me this week and I'll let you know. I do not question the anomaly that was reported to you, but I assure you that in other shores I have also read many reports of the opposite sign. Not long ago I bought a combo decoder from another brand, on which some users reported the same problem, but on mine that problem did not occur and it works very well. There are tuners that are not very sensitive, but there are also too sensitive ones and just a few more db of signal is enough to send it into saturation and you know what the result is? No signal.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

gigano wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:31 pm
Yes italy, with other dtt t2 receiver get 350 channel.

Regards
hello
can you please tell me,how did you search the t2 channels, manul search or auto search?
can you please tell me which frequency channel NO. can not get the channels?
thank you very much.

gigano

Post by gigano »

Hi, I tried the automatic search twice and got the same 96 channel result, then I tried the manual search and got the same result, Regards.

gigano

Post by gigano »

Hi, after the umpteenth test everything is ok again, very strange.

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

gianfranco37 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:10 am
A me dovrebbe arrivare in settimana e ti farò sapere.
Ci conto
gianfranco37 wrote:
Esistono tuner poco sensibili, ma ce ne sono anche di troppo sensibili e basta qualche db di segnale in più per mandarlo in saturazione e il risultato sai qual è ? Assenza di segnale.
Conosco bene queste problematiche, ma nel mio caso serve veramente un ricevitore con tuner sensibile.
In caso di saturazione, un semplice attenuatore regolabile passivo può risolvere, quando invece si ricorre ad amplificatori la cosa diviene molto più problematica e non sempre si risolve
gianfranco37 wrote:
It should arrive to me this week and I'll let you know. I do not question the anomaly that was reported to you, but I assure you that in other shores I have also read many reports of the opposite sign. Not long ago I bought a combo decoder from another brand, on which some users reported the same problem, but on mine that problem did not occur and it works very well. There are tuners that are not very sensitive, but there are also too sensitive ones and just a few more db of signal is enough to send it into saturation and you know what the result is? No signal.
I know these problems.

But in my case I need a receiver with a sensitive tuner
Last edited by Cluster.One on Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

gigano wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:35 am
Hi, after the umpteenth test everything is ok again, very strange.
So now even with the GTmedia V7 Pro combo you get about 350 channels? very strange

Quindi ora anche con il GTmedia V7 Pro combo ricevi circa 350 canali? molto strano

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

Tom.w wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:23 am

hello
can you please tell me,how did you search the t2 channels, manul search or auto search?
can you please tell me which frequency channel NO. can not get the channels?
thank you very much.
For your information, currently in Italy it still broadcasts in DVB-T first generation
Regular broadcasts in DVB-T2 will start in year 2022
The 10 bit H.265 HEVC testcard signs are transmitted for now in DVB-T and not in DVB-T2

The sensitivity of the tuner does not concern whether the VHF channels are correct so the receiver cannot find channels... and other problems such as LCN.

Just to clarify.

However, I am pleased with your intervention, and I am available to provide information regarding DVB-T reception in Italy

Regards
Last edited by Cluster.One on Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Can you let us members know were your location is, plus were your transmitter location is, is there any relay transmitters in the area, also what are the frequencies for your channels, and confirm how many channels you should get.
Can you give us members the name of the TV system for your country (here in the UK it is FREEVIEW).
With this sort of information Tom.c / Alex and the rest of the team should be able to find what may be happening.

Den

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:43 am
Can you let us members know were your location is, plus were your transmitter location is, is there any relay transmitters in the area, also what are the frequencies for your channels, and confirm how many channels you should get.
Can you give us members the name of the TV system for your country (here in the UK it is FREEVIEW).
With this sort of information Tom.c / Alex and the rest of the team should be able to find what may be happening.

Den
I would like to buy the GTmedia V7 Pro combo but I want to make sure it has a good tuner, I don't want to have the same problems I had with the GT Media TTpro, which has a very poor tuner compared to my LG TV and other receiver.

114 TV channels on TTPro, 220 on LG, all 220 are seen well on LG TV with its built-in tuner, with TTPro only 48, all the other unwatchable......

All this with the same external antenna, first connecting the TG Pro, then disconnecting the GT pro and connecting the LG TV

In addition, the GT Media TTpro is HEVC 8 bit. and not 10bit. Testcard HEVC 10bit results in black screen... so it will not work in Italy where 10 bit mode will be used.

In Italy we have a DVB-T transmission situation that is not comparable to any other country in the world. DVB-T is broadcast in SFN mode

Regards

Io vorrei comprare il GTmedia V7 Pro combo, ma voglio essere sicuro che abbia un buon sintonizzatore, non voglio avere gli stessi problemi che ho avuto con il GT Media TTpro, che ha un tuner molto scarso rispetto a quello del mio Televisore LG e quello di altri ricevitori.

114 canali TV sintonizzati con TT Pro contro 220 sintonizzatiTV LG, sul G si vedono bene tutti e 220 con il suo sintonizzatore incorporato, con TTPro si vedono bene solo 48 tutti gli altri dono inguardabili...

Tutto questo con la stessa antenna esterna, allacciando prima il TG Pro, poi staccando il GT pro e attaccando il TV LG.

Inoltre il GT Media TTpro è HEVC 8 bit e non 10bit Testcard HEVC 10bit risulta a schermo nero per cui non andra bene in Italia dove (forse) si userà la modalità 10bit.

In Italia abbiamo una situazione trasmissiva DVB-T che non è paragonabile a nessun altro paese al mondo
DVB-T viene trasmesso in modalità SFN

Saluti
Last edited by Cluster.One on Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Great reply, how far are you from the transmitter, what are the frequencies.

Den

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:59 am

Den
The reception described refers to Rome. 4 Km line of sight transmitter, only channel of national broadcaster RAI have good reception with TT Pro, with LG all OK.

Antenna is a logarithmic point towards M. Mario that receives only from that transmitter.

The second transmitting station for Rome but as important as the first is M. Cavo, this station is 20 / 30Km away. but it is hidden from me

Code: Select all

https://www.otgtv.it/lista.php?code=RMAA&posto=Roma
Broadcast power is different for RAI and others, DVB-T network works in SFN

http://www.crit.rai.it/eletel/2008-2/82-3.pdf
Transmitters are operated by different companies ... transmitters are located in different locations ... transmitting powers are not the same for everyone ... = chaos

I have over 40 years of TV reception experience in my area ... I know what and i can receive and what not.

Michele

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

@ Michele
You will have more expert knowledge in the inner workings of a satellite/ terrestrial receiver, i am more hands on in setting up a system to receive any channels that i can receive in my area, that why i like this forum, i can ask questions in trying to get more information from a user, so that other members who have move knowledge and also who may have come across any of the issues, can reply and point the user in the right direction.
Hope that the team will pick this up, and with the information that you have now supplied will be able to solve the issue.

Den

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Cluster.One wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:25 pm
STRETCH wrote:

Den
The reception described refers to Rome. 4 Km line of sight transmitter, only channel of national broadcaster RAI have good reception with TT Pro, with LG all OK.

Antenna is a logarithmic point towards M. Mario that receives only from that transmitter.

The second transmitting station for Rome but as important as the first is M. Cavo, this station is 20 / 30Km away. but it is hidden from me

Transmitters are operated by different companies ... transmitters are located in different locations ... transmitting powers are not the same for everyone ... = chaos

I have over 40 years of TV reception experience in my area ... I know what and i can receive and what not.

Michele
thank you very much for your reply.
we will check these issues.
by the way,can you please tell me which Freq we can not get the channels?

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Cluster.One wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:37 pm
I ask buyers from Italy and beyond, how the terrestrial DVB-T2 tuner of GTmedia V7 PRO Combo looks to you

Thanks to those who want to answer

Sensibiltà del sintonizzatore del GTmedia V7 PRO Combo

Chiedo agli acquirenti italiani e non solo, come vi sembra il sintonizzatore DVB-T2 del GTmedia V7 PRO Combo

Grazie a chi vorra rispondere
Dear friend, I will introduce it again,
1. GTMEDIA_TTPRO does not support 10bit but only 8bit. If you search for 10bit H265 programs, it will appear, there is sound but no image
2. GTMEDIA_V7TT supports 10bit

57c11ea4be.jpg
57c11ea4be.jpg (518.06 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

Italian Friends, it' s all ok ;)

There is only the LCN to fix

GTX Combo - V8 UHD - GT combo - V8 Finder Pro - V7 Pro - V8X - V8 Turbo - X8 - X8 combo - V8 Pro 2 - D2 DAB+

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

Tom.w wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:23 am
Cluster.One wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:25 pm
STRETCH wrote:

Den

Michele
thank you very much for your reply.
we will check these issues.
by the way,can you please tell me which Freq we can not get the channels?
Thank you very much for your reply too

The reception report refers to the GT Media TTPro and not to the new V7 Pro combo.

GT Media TT Pro is considered old, the latest firmware is from March 2020, I don't think you will release a new firmware that improves my situation, the TTPro as it is for me is useless ...

GT Media TT Pro tunes few channels compared to other receivers, it finds only 119 TVs instead of 220 available from my antenna, of these 119 only 36 are seen well, the other 83 are seen very poorly and TTPro can't even read their names, many important channels are not tuned ...

It can only tune very very powerful channels... like Rai

many are like that ...

others are not tuned ...

And as can be seen in the previous post

there are many TV channels in Italy

Best regards

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”