V7 Pro.

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

lmmm

V7 Pro.

Post by lmmm »

Saludos, soy nuevo con equipo V7 Pro.

Realice el factory reset luego la actualización correcta GTMedia_V7Pro_Release_20201127.bin y después otro factory reset, verifique menu-Install- Satellite List-Installation el LNB Power en ON y la configuración esta correcta.

Parábola bien orientada y satélite bien configurado, el Finder si detecta intensidad y calidad de señal, puedo ver canales con el DISEqC 1.1.

Pero me acabo de dar cuenta que el V7 Pro no. Si retiro el DISEqC 1.1 y conecto directo del LNB si funciona, realice la prueba con dos satélites diferentes.

Porque el V7 Pro no funciona al conectar DISEqC 1.1?

bevedo

Re: V7 Pro.

Post by bevedo »

naistaloval jsem firmware 20201127 a nereaguje na dálkové co s tim?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

@Immm
Can you let us know now many satellites have you got in your system.
Is it a single dish on one satellite, / two lnb's on one dish, / or a dish on a motor.
Let us know, then we will be able to confirm if you have set up your receiver correctly.

Den

lmmm

Post by lmmm »

@STRETCH
¿Puede informarnos ahora sobre muchos satélites que tiene en su sistema?
EUTELSAT 65
STARONE C4
Es un solo plato OFFSET, con dos LNB

al conectar el cable que sale del DISEqC 1.1 en el buscador (Finder) si detecta la señal y se ven los canales.

pero al conectarlo del V7 pro no funciona.

si lo conecto directo del LNB al V7 pro si funciona, pero necesito mas de un satélite a la vez.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With you having two lnb's, do you have a (diseq switch)( 2 way), Eutelsat 65 on one, Starone c4 on the other, with one down lead to the receiver, at the receiver you should have (diseq) set at 1.0, Port 1 & 2. lnb freq (9750 - 10600).
Check this out, and get back to us.

Den

lmmm

Post by lmmm »

MI DISEqC es 1.1

pero intentare
Attachments
34da90b892a3744c949f1664a070579e.jpg
34da90b892a3744c949f1664a070579e.jpg (70.69 KiB) Viewed 2568 times

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I have the same switch for my V7 PRO, I have 5 dish's going through my switch, have it set on the receiver as (diseq 1.1) port 1 = 28e / port 2 = 39e and so on. With out changing the (diseq 1.1), i went to the (diseq 1.0) setting at port 1 put 28e and port 2 39e just to see if i got (No Signal), this DID NOT HAPPEN), i was receiving a signal from both satellites with these settings, (this is how it should not be set up as) returned it back to the correct settings.
I forgot to ask, the channels that you are after are the in the (C Band or KU Band)

Hope this helps

Den

lmmm

Post by lmmm »

No resulto
Attachments
imagen del V7 Pro configurado diseq 1.1
imagen del V7 Pro configurado diseq 1.1
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-28 at 5.02.47 PM (1).jpeg (87.99 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
imagen del V7 Pro configurado diseq 1.0
imagen del V7 Pro configurado diseq 1.0
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-28 at 5.02.47 PM.jpeg (84.08 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
imagen del buscador (Finder)
imagen del buscador (Finder)
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-28 at 5.01.42 PM.jpeg (87.38 KiB) Viewed 2546 times

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Just to confirm have you checked the other ports to see if you get a signal!, have you checked to make sure what number for each satellite is on the switch.
The last picture you put onto the board, i do not have on my V7 pro.
By the look of it, everything is the same as i have on my receiver set up as.
LNB Freq Universal(9750-10600)
Diseq 1.0 Disable
Diseq 1.1 Port 1
22K Auto (in grey)
LNB Power Auto
Motor None

Den

lmmm

Post by lmmm »

¿ha verificado los otros puertos para ver si recibe una señal?
Si
¿Ha verificado para asegurarse de qué número de cada satélite está en el conmutador?
Si
La última imagen que pusiste en la placa no la tengo en mi V7 pro.
Es del buscador (FIinder) que utilizo para localizar los satélites me da la opción de visualizar los canales y enviar a la pantalla por cable HDMI

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have you got another diseq switch to try in it's place.

Den

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

@lmmm
Did you check to see if the V7Pro was working correctly before you updated the firmware ??? I always make sure my boxes are working before I change anything. I just updated my V7Pro to the 20201127 firmware and it is working correctly. I also use a 8 port DISEqC 1.1 switch... my switch is about 6 feet from the receiver because I have had problems with some STBs, if I place it closer to the antennas. The DISEqC signal is a low level pulse signal and sometimes does not make it over long coax lines.

You may have had a faulty unit from the beginning, so you might want to talk to your supplier as I doubt it is a problem with the firmware, as mine is working ok. Good luck.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

lmmm

Post by lmmm »

@TRAMO
No solo tengo este DISEqC

pero esta bueno con el Finder trabaja a la perfección no se porque.

lmmm

Post by lmmm »

@juan_vale
¿Verificó si el V7Pro funcionaba correctamente antes de actualizar el firmware ?
tengo dos días con el lo probé antes de actualizar y hacía lo mismo, entonces actualicé para ver si se solucionaba.
Pero todo sigue igual.

En cuanto a la distancia del DISEqC esta bien, conecto el buscador (Finder) y funciona sin ningún problema.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

lmmm wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:22 pm
@juan_vale
En cuanto a la distancia del DISEqC esta bien, conecto el buscador (Finder) y funciona sin ningún problema.
I have a box that the DISEqC signal is so low it will not activate the switch 6 feet away. I looked at the signal with my oscilloscope and it is only putting out 100mV of signal, it should be about 500mV. Can you place the switch closer to the V7Pro just to do a test and see if it switches, you only need one LNB connected, if it will select the antenna then you will know where the problem is. Otherwise I don't see an easy solution, especially as it was not working from day 1.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

On each of your satellites what are the signal readings.
With us hobbyist playing around with our toys, would you have a (A/B switch) laying around, if so try that, with you only having two satellites.

Den

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

STRETCH wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:17 pm
On each of your satellites what are the signal readings.
With us hobbyist playing around with our toys, would you have a (A/B switch) laying around, if so try that, with you only having two satellites.

Den
He already stated in his first post if he removed the switch and connected the LNBs direct they both worked ok "Si retiro el DISEqC 1.1 y conecto directo del LNB si funciona" so we know the receiver is ok as well as the LNB, but it doesn't check the DISEqC signal.

The problem with your idea of the A/B switch is if, as I suspect, he has the DISEqC switch close to the LNBs it will be difficult to do. A lot of people will run a 60ft coax from the receiver to the DISEqC and then 6ft to each LNB. I do it the other way... 6ft to the DISEqC and then 60ft to each lnb. I know it uses a lot more coax but I never get switching problems, which can happen over long coax runs.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

As you say with the diseq switch, the signal does drop, with the a/b switch ( i know that you have two cables coming into the home) but the switch would be nearer to the receiver, so to switch satellites.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have this exact same issue with my V7Pro.

I have done many tests and it will only send a DiSEqC 1.0 port one command, regardless on any settings in the DiSEqC 1.1, 1.0 or motor.

I have reported this to GT Media and have tested a few test versions of software to find a fix.
No fix so far.
Post here on this

lmmm
When you change channel look at the LED for 22kHz on your finder (I assume an in cable tone type finder).
If this is the same problem as mine you will see one burst of 22kHz tone as the DiSEqC 1.0 port one command is send, every time you change channel on a satellite channel.

If this is so please report here your box serial number and hardware version.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

To follow up on this, I connected my oscilloscope at the junction of the 6ft cable where it connects to the DISEqC switch, I get about 800mv of 22khz pulses when the receiver changes satellites and it works correctly 100% of the time.

I then replaced the 6ft cable with a 36ft RG6 and found the switching was unreliable... even though the DISEqC pulses were of the same level, about 800mV peak to peak (measured at the switch). I can only assume that the cable is causing the pulses to be deformed. The pulses are resent at regular intervals, about 2 - 3 seconds apart, as the receiver detects it did not get a signal and re-sends the pulses .

For those having problems I suggest you locate the DISEqC switch closer to the STB and see what happens.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The issue is not the level of these 22khz pulses, but that the software is not sending out the menu set DiSEqC commands.
I set up the switches below and worked out that the DiSEqC command that is send is always and only DiSEqC 1.0 port one, even if the menu has disabled.
When the V7Pro changes channel it sends a DiSEqC 1.0 port one command that does not change the 8 port 1.1 switch, but does change the 2 port switch.
I then change channel with the V8 Finder and port Two is used again.
There for the V7Pro is not sending a DiSEcQ 1.1 command.
The V7Pro is sending a DiSEqC 1.0 port one command.
Oddly it only sends this command once, while most GT Media units send commands twice, even with that option in the menu set for once. (setting for twice sends the commands four times.)

User lmmm is now the fourth user to report this, plus me.
I had three software versions sent to me to test as a fix, none worked.
I had thought this was a fault with early hardware versions, but lmmm is now months after the V7Pro release.

Owen

Circuit.png
Circuit.png (45.74 KiB) Viewed 2416 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Why does it work perfectly when the switch is only 6ft from the V7pro. I do not have any problems with my setup, two 10ft mesh dishes and one Ku antenna. I use ports 1,2 & 7 and never have a problem. How far is your switch from the V7Pro ???

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

juan_vale wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:48 am
Why does it work perfectly when the switch is only 6ft from the V7pro. I do not have any problems with my setup, two 10ft mesh dishes and one Ku antenna. I use ports 1,2 & 7 and never have a problem. How far is your switch from the V7Pro ???
Yes most units, nearly all, work OK.
Like I said It looks to be a early hardware version.
Mine has never worked DiSEqC and only four other users have reported this fault.

Distance is not an issue as the unit does not send DiSEqC commands as set in the menu.

Owen

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:30 am
juan_vale wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:48 am
Yes most units, nearly all, work OK.
Like I said It looks to be a early hardware version.
Mine has never worked DiSEqC and only four other users have reported this fault.

Distance is not an issue as the unit does not send DiSEqC commands as set in the menu.

Owen
i will check with my hardware colleagues.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Owen, we are talking about 2 different problems, you are referring to a Cascade system where you have two switches in line, the OP indicated he was only using one 8x1 switch, the same setup as I have. If I try to locate the DISEqC switch closer to the antennas it does not work.... why I don't know and I have had this problem with other receivers, not just the V7Pro. This is my setup >>
block.jpg
block.jpg (91.26 KiB) Viewed 2335 times

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”