V7 plus - bricked help ???

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

danjur

V7 plus - bricked help ???

Post by danjur »

Dear all,
it seems that I bricked my V7 plus after this latest release of firmware. The unit works OK but when I turn it off, it won't boot. It only lights green led and doesn't show "boot" on a display. I was able (one time it started to boot) to force upgrade (downgrade) using usb (flash.bin) + menu button press on boot method, and the unit works ok until I turn it off. After that the same problem, it want start up, only lights green LED and doesnt show "boot" (the power supply is ok i checked with spare one).

Can I use GTMedia_V7V8 Refresh Tool 2020.8.20 with this unit to refresh the firmware. Do I need RS232 cable or can I use USB to USB cable. I don't know where RS232 pins are on V7 plus because there is no header.

Thanks for help,

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V7 plus - bricked help ???

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try a forced USB upgrade to the version you had before this problem or another older version.
If that works download a fresh copy of the latest software and try again.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

danjur

Post by danjur »

Thanks for the suggestion Owen,
I already tried that but the same problem appears.
I only didn't try RS232 (don't know where are the pins on the board) method nor the USB to USB method using the refresh tool because I don't know if this is possible or it will burn the board.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

danjur wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:43 am
Thanks for the suggestion Owen,
I already tried that but the same problem appears.
I only didn't try RS232 (don't know where are the pins on the board) method nor the USB to USB method using the refresh tool because I don't know if this is possible or it will burn the board.
Using the RS232 is the last choice. You should try the flash.bin (Flash.bin) USB recovery process. Try using another USB stick. Look for a small size 512, 1gb USB and as Owen mentioned try using an older file.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you have a USB with a LED in it, look and that LED should flash a little at power on and then a lot as the software loads.

No flashing, not working.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”