V7 Plus subtitles and usb problems

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

yayadie

V7 Plus subtitles and usb problems

Post by yayadie »

Hi, I´m Diego from Argentina

I´ve received a GTMEDIA V7 Plus last week, I have install the last firmware available update to V.4.2.83.9.431 24 DECEMBER 2020.

I´ve 2 problems and I don´t know why:

1) The channels subtitles are posisionated almost in the center on the screen (middle), They´ll should be in the bottom of the screen
2) If I turn on the GTMEDIA with a USB MEMORY to record channel, it doesn´t work the conection of the protocol newcam, I mean I can´t see any channel in the receptor. To solve this I have to conect the USB MEMORY after GTMEDIA turns on.

Any idea? Thanks to all!!!
Attachments
subtitles.jpeg
subtitles.jpeg (179.58 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
normal.jpeg
normal.jpeg (160.17 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
error.jpg
error.jpg (160.08 KiB) Viewed 2420 times

STRETCH

Re: V7 Plus subtitles and usb problems

Post by STRETCH »

What setting is the tv set at, you may have to change the ratio ie, cinema / game etc or 4-3 / 16-9.
Check the receiver itself within the AV Settings, may be set at 16:9 / 4:3LetterBox.
With the USB, i think the receiver will only see it , when the receiver is switched on, then you can insert it.

Den

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

I probe 16:9 in both (tv and receiver), in auto, etc... and its the same with the subtitles...
With the USB, the receiver always read the USB, the problem is with I turn on the V7 with the USB plugged

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

Anyone else? Any Idea? It´s possible that the firmware´s got problems? Thanks again!

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

yayadie wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:44 pm
Anyone else? Any Idea? It´s possible that the firmware´s got problems? Thanks again!
hello
when with usb,turn on the box, wifi can connect automatically or not?

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

Exactly, It doesn´t connect automatically, it's appear in red the conection... do you know how can I solve this? Thanks a lot!

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

yayadie wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:29 pm
Exactly, It doesn´t connect automatically, it's appear in red the conection... do you know how can I solve this? Thanks a lot!
so, you can try to format your usb device,then change the port numbers of wifi and usb devices.

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

Sorry, the port numbers? Where?

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

Anyone? Thanks again

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

Anyone, please

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

yayadie wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:31 pm
Sorry, the port numbers? Where?
I believe the suggestion is you swap where the wifi antenna and the USB pendrive are plugged in. The V7Plus has two USB ports on the back panel, on other STBs one of the ports has priority. See if that fixes the problem with the USB. The other problem you mention about the subtitles, will have to be fixed by the factory, if it has not been fixed in recent updates.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

Thanks for your answer... yes I have swap the usb and the wifi antenna, but it´s the same...
I don´t know about the recent updates, I received the receptor and I install the last one (12-24-2020)...
There is another user with the same issue...

3F4Z1K0

Post by 3F4Z1K0 »

yayadie wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:53 pm
Thanks for your answer... yes I have swap the usb and the wifi antenna, but it´s the same...
I don´t know about the recent updates, I received the receptor and I install the last one (12-24-2020)...
There is another user with the same issue...
Hola,
Yo tengo conectado un disco duro de 700 gigas y una WiFi MTK7601 en un V7PRO y no me ha sucedido (o no me he dado cuenta), sin embargo, recuerdo haber leído en alguna parte del foro que sugerían cambiar el adaptador de corriente por uno de 12Voltios 2 Amperios (el que viene con el equipo es de 12 voltios 1,5 Amperios)... yo hice la prueba y no se quemó (que es lo importante), pero como digo, a mi no me ha pasado o no me he dado cuenta.

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

Estamos hablando de diferentes equipos plus vs pro...

3F4Z1K0

Post by 3F4Z1K0 »

yayadie wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:59 pm
Estamos hablando de diferentes equipos plus vs pro...
Si, pero nada se pierde con intentar... en mi lógica, si hay dos dispositivos conectados al tiempo y uno cancela al otro es posible que la unidad no tenga suficiente corriente (ojo, corriente no es igual a voltaje) para los dos al tiempo, así que al subir el amperaje a 2 amperios en el adaptador de corriente dicen que lo soluciona para el caso... solo intento ayudar.

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

Si te entiendo y gracias... no creo que sea un tema de voltaje, para mi es algo del firmware último que no sabe darle prioridad al wifi...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I think that trying a 2A power supply may help.
Not only is your unit powering on the USB, but at the same time powering on the wifi that is a board connected inside the unit via USB.
I used a 2A power supply on my now very old V8 Golden unit that would trip LNB over current without a splitter in the LNB cable at the box end. The old V8 Golden unit then works OK with out the splitter, so power supply current is an issue for a lot of things.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

Tom.w wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:11 am
yayadie wrote:
so, you can try to format your usb device,then change the port numbers of wifi and usb devices.
Sorry, the port numbers? Where? Thankd again

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

yayadie wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:24 pm
Tom.w wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:11 am
yayadie wrote:
Sorry, the port numbers? Where? Thankd again
there are two ports behind the box. i think you can try to plug the wifi deivce in another port

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

I think Gtmedia should be sent the correct powers supplies for their receptors... Thanks for your help, I will try to probe, I will have to buy it...

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:23 pm
I think that trying a 2A power supply may help.
Not only is your unit powering on the USB, but at the same time powering on the wifi that is a board connected inside the unit via USB.
I used a 2A power supply on my now very old V8 Golden unit that would trip LNB over current without a splitter in the LNB cable at the box end. The old V8 Golden unit then works OK with out the splitter, so power supply current is an issue for a lot of things.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”