V7 S2X Signal Problem

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Kruegerfan07

V7 S2X Signal Problem

Post by Kruegerfan07 »

Hi everyone,

I am in the UK and recently bought the V7 S2X, but I can't get signal intensity above 63% on my nearest satellite, which is Eutelsat 28 at 28.2E. Also the signal quality is at 0%

I had a V8 Golden and it worked fine until it broke last year. I haven't had anything else plugged in until now. The dish is a communal one which serves our whole block of flats, but no-one else in the block uses satellite, so I can't even check if any of their boxes are working.

I have installed the latest firmware and all connections are fine. Do you think I have bought a faulty receiver or could this be a problem with the communal dish/LNB?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: V7 S2X Signal Problem

Post by Tom.w »

hello
On the Installation Menu,when you select the 28.2E satellite,what is the lnb freq?
please confirm it with other box if the lnb dish is a communal one ,and also confirm what is the LNB power option

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Do what Tom W. said to verify your new receiver and LNB settings are the same as on your old receiver.

If you find the receivers settings are not the issue I would go check the dish. Since its been some time since the old receiver failed then It is possible that over that period the dish has been bumped by someone or by a storm, I would take a signal meter to the dish and with a small jumper coax connect it to the LNB to peak the dish.

To check if the dish got bumped, look the dish over for damage and then lift up and push down on the dish by hand and push left and right on the dish by hand and see if the signal goes up into the 80's or 90's when you are pushing on the dish and if so then use tools to permanently adjust the dish for highest signal. Adjust until you get high 80's or 90's for signal strength and 60's or higher for Quality reading.

Also look at the LNB/LNBF to see if anything is blocking the inside of the feedhorn, if the feedhorn has no plastic end cap look up inside it as the feedhorn may have become the home for a spider, wasp, etc. which can block signals.

Good Luck !

oldskoolsat

Post by oldskoolsat »

As well as the advice above you might want to consider the following.

Do a blind scan then, even if your LNB local oscillator settings are wrong, you ought to get something (even if the displayed frequencies are incorrect).

If you are in a block of flats there may be equipment, other than buffer amplifiers, between you and the LNB.

Did you set up the previous receiver yourself?
Was it set to Unicable?

In some communal systems, in order to utilise old low spec single coax feeds to each flat, commands from your receiver would be interpreted at the head end & the wanted channels sent down the coax on a single frequency.

You may need to contact whoever maintains your system for details.

Pete

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Maybe the reason your V8 Golden died was a cable fault on the dish.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Kruegerfan07

Post by Kruegerfan07 »

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the advice. Unfortunstely I can't get to the dish as it's on the roof of the block of flats. Can't even see it from our garden.

Found the problem though. Went into the neighbours gardenand managed to see the dish. The LNB isn't even pointing at it. No idea how it's happened but the LNB is pointing straight up into the air. Guess I'll need to get someone out with a massive ladder to realign it. Bugger.

Thanks again for the advice. Guess no satellite tv for me for a while 😪

oldskoolsat

Post by oldskoolsat »

Kruegerfan07 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:25 pm
.... I can't get to the dish as it's on the roof of the block of flats
You might want to talk to your flats Management Committee. You may find that someone has been getting a monthly retainer to maintain your system.

It could be time for them to earn their money.

I'm surprised nobody else in the flats was using the system. I have friends in a block where most people are getting Sky via a communal dish & using a single coax. Are you sure the dish you spotted was the correct one?

Pete

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Perhaps that flats management doesn't realize that anyone is using the dish, I would ask about the dish and mention that you saw that its pointing straight up into the air and see what they give for a response, they may believe that nobody uses it and perhaps they intend to get rid of it so I would not wait very long.

Depending on what they say I would tell them that you have a receiver connected to it and you used that dish in the past and that you would like to affect repairs and see if they will give you a key so you can enter the roof.

Lots of (if's and maybe's) in what I said but you need to act before someone else gets ideas on what to do with the dish.

Good Luck !

Kruegerfan07

Post by Kruegerfan07 »

Hey guys,

Thanks for your responses, and sorry for my late reply. Although I own my flat, the block is managed by the local council. It's definitely the correct dish.

They sent out a technician.Turns out that the LNB arm is actually broken, so they're coming back with scaffolding to replace the whole thing.

Hope it's not too long. Right now I'm literally only eatching Netflix, Youtube and Pluto tv through a VPN, whichis actually surprisingly good if you use a US server. Loads of good channels, and all free and legal 😁

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

That is sweet that they are going to fix it for you.

Good Luck!

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”