Media player of V7PRO and V7TT

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

AlexItaly

Media player of V7PRO and V7TT

Post by AlexItaly »

I had the chance to try the integrated media player of these devices: for video files, both compatibility and decode quality are great. But unfortunately, the interface is ugly and primitive, as well as the features.
I think there is great room for improvements but I suggest you to focus in advance on some issues which IMHO are bugs:
1) SUBTITLES: subtitles are not displayed at all, they are recognized and selected but nothing is shown.
2) ASPECT RATIO: all videos are displayed with fit width regardless of original aspect ratio, this means all videos are in 16:9 on my TV. This is completely wrong and unexpected, since videos at 4:3 should be displayed at 4:3 and so on. Also, there should be a button on the remote associated with aspect ratio manual change in case of need.
3) LIST: the files are listed numbered, with a row number aside... this is not required at all and wastes space for filenames. I think the column containing row numbers should be hidden, or an option to hide it should be added.
4) FULL SCREEN: when playing a file, it starts in the preview and pressing yellow button is required to go full screen. I think the mechanic should be the opposite: when starting, it should go fullscreen and you can press a button to go back to menu+preview screen.

Please keep improving these devices since they have a great potential!
Thank you,
Alex

AlexItaly

Re: Media player of V7PRO and V7TT

Post by AlexItaly »

Up. No answers so far to this post.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

AlexItaly wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:12 am
I had the chance to try the integrated media player of these devices: for video files, both compatibility and decode quality are great. But unfortunately, the interface is ugly and primitive, as well as the features.
I think there is great room for improvements but I suggest you to focus in advance on some issues which IMHO are bugs:
1) SUBTITLES: subtitles are not displayed at all, they are recognized and selected but nothing is shown.
2) ASPECT RATIO: all videos are displayed with fit width regardless of original aspect ratio, this means all videos are in 16:9 on my TV. This is completely wrong and unexpected, since videos at 4:3 should be displayed at 4:3 and so on. Also, there should be a button on the remote associated with aspect ratio manual change in case of need.
3) LIST: the files are listed numbered, with a row number aside... this is not required at all and wastes space for filenames. I think the column containing row numbers should be hidden, or an option to hide it should be added.
4) FULL SCREEN: when playing a file, it starts in the preview and pressing yellow button is required to go full screen. I think the mechanic should be the opposite: when starting, it should go fullscreen and you can press a button to go back to menu+preview screen.

Please keep improving these devices since they have a great potential!
Thank you,
Alex
about the item1 and item2,can you send the test file to me,i will check it in my office.
item3,we can add the roll function for the long file name.

AlexItaly

Post by AlexItaly »

Tom.w wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:36 am
about the item1 and item2,can you send the test file to me,i will check it in my office.
item3,we can add the roll function for the long file name.
Please disregard item1, it was due to incorrect coding selection in the unit. After manually selecting UTF-8 the subtitles were visible. However I don't know why the correct format is not recognized automatically.
With regard to item2, I'll provide you with a sample within the next few days.
Fine for item3, even though I think that being a file manager actually there is no need to have row numbers.

Best
Alex

edam17

Post by edam17 »

Hi.
I've been fighting with the GT MEDIA V7 PRO for over a year against all broadcast updates and so-called techs who kept advising to return - or throw in the junk - the item and buy a 'certified' TVSat decoder.
I want to take the chance to thank the community for helping me out in overcoming what seemed to be insurmountable issues. This combo decoder is a little jewel once you manage to tame it.
I'm however disappointed that after a year the issue raised in this thread has remained with no answer or solution.
The issue being that no anamorphic rip - 264 mkv in my case - is played back in the right aspect ratio, everything is shown in full frame, aka deformed.
It happens with rips made with different ripping processes and in different years, so it's not due to particular rip specs but it only applies to anamorphic rips which, incidentally, are the norm nowadays.
This sadly makes this decoder utterly useless for media playback from USB source, and that's a huge letdown.
Is there a fix in sight? Or a feasible workaround?
Thanks in advance for any useful tip, and keep up the good work.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

So we need to support the user can switch the aspect ratio when watching the movie, right?
we can try to add some key function for it.

edam17

Post by edam17 »

@Tom.w
Sorry for the late reply.
That's correct, the device renders any rip into full screen regardless of the original aspect ratio, they all become unwatchable. That sucks.
Looking forward to any firmware update that can solve the issue, maybe assigning a specific function to some less used button, thanks in advance.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”