V7 pro RF-OUT on PAL audio fm noise

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Aldebaran

V7 pro RF-OUT on PAL audio fm noise

Post by Aldebaran »

Hello, I have a GT Media V7 pro, liked to my tv with an rf cable. I tuned my TV on s9 channel @ 203.75 mhz but there is an fm noise, the audio signals is on 10 channel but the video channel does not works. Is there a way to set the firmware in "PAL-G" or "PAL-I" mode? And tune the audio @ 5.5 Mhz?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Delirium

Re: V7 pro RF-OUT on PAL-G audio fm noise

Post by Delirium »

@Aldebaran

Try 209 MHz or 419 MHz (bad on 629 MHz)
GTX Combo - V8 UHD - GT combo - V8 Finder Pro - V7 Pro - V8X - V8 Turbo - X8 - X8 combo - V8 Pro 2 - D2 DAB+

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V7 pro RF-OUT on PAL-G audio fm noise

Post by Feralkiwi »

There was discussion on this here.

My V7Pro unit send out a good clean picture and audio on analogue channel C10 TV system B/G.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Aldebaran

Re: V7 pro RF-OUT on PAL-I audio fm noise

Post by Aldebaran »

Are you european or american? What system does your TV support? My TV is Mivar 20 p3, It supports PAL-B,K system, and on this TV, on channel 10, there is a video distortion, but audio works. Can you please tell me If there is a firmware that let us modify the RF Out system applied?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Owen is from New Zealand
I do not think, you can change the RF out from the receiver.
What you may be able to do, is with the RF out set to the correct system to your area, and do a scan of the TV of the analog channels to find the RF out from the receiver.
Hope this helps

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try looking at the menus of your TV for manual scanning of analogue.
You may find you can set the type of format there.

STRETCH is correct, you can not change the RF output channel.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I had a play with my V7 Pro on a old (mono) TV, pre (freeview) here in the UK, which users the (PAL-I) system.
Just using the RF socket from the receiver direct to the TV, then carried out a scan of the TV to see if / what it may find from the receiver.
came up four times, CH. 9 /199.25 mhz, CH.33 / 567.25 mhz, CH.37 / 599.25mhz, CH.63 / 807.25mhz.
Channel 9 came up the best, i do not know if each V7 Pro leaves the factory the same or not.
Could you let us know what connections your TV has, for there are converters on the market to convert HDMI to SCART, HDMI to RCA, or even a converter that will change the RF to the one that you may require to see on your TV, it may still be on the market, (Mercury RF Modulator).
Also you may have to take into account with the RF, any digital TV signals in your area.
Hope that this will helps

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes STRETCH I had not thought of outside broadcast signals on the same frequency that may block or corrupt the RF out from the V7Pro.

To test that as STRETCH did, cable from the V7Pro only to the TV directly.

This sort of thing happened here in NZ when a new broadcast started on the common frequency used in hotels for their SkyTV box to the TV's.
I spent some time at my pub until I found the outside signal and then changed the inside frequency.
Many hotels had issues until all became aware of the new outside frequency.

If this is your issue you will only be able to use the RF output directly to your TV with the outside signals disconnected.
If you still need a RF signal to send to other TV's and the outside signals, you could buy a RF modulator that changes AV to RF, they are cheap.

Owen

Aldebaran

Post by Aldebaran »

I tried out "rf out" of my V7 pro, linked on a Panasonic TV. I discovered that my decoder can't transmit audio on Italian PAL B, G, H, and PAL I system.
On my decoder only works channel 9 and channel 19.
Is there any Service Mode, to change the audio signal, and transmit it on 5,5 Mhz, that correctly works on PAL B?

STRETCH

Re: V7 pro RF-OUT on PAL audio fm noise

Post by STRETCH »

Have you got a (SCART) input on your TV, if so you could use a (HDMI to SCART) converter.

Apart from the RF in connection. What other connections has this old TV got. (CRT model). If it is any thing like the old TV that i have got in testing any satellite receiver, connections may be RCA / SCART, until we know, we are all stabbing in the dark.

Just checked with the V7Pro, that i have in the spare bedroom, which i have working from the RF out of the receiver, which is set at CH.9.

At this point i then checked what was my settings on the V7Pro.
Menu - System - AV Settings,
TV System Auto / PAL (This can be set to Auto or PAL)
Video Resolution 1080i
Aspect Mode Auto
Video Effects Standard
Audio Out LPCM OUT (The other setting is (BS) on this you do not get any sound)
HDMI Colour Space Auto

Den

Aldebaran

Post by Aldebaran »

I won't buy nothing, for a very simple reason: the TV receives the sound signal at 5.5 Mhz, the decoder transmits it at 6.5 Mhz.
Therefore, the problem is NOT solved.
Gt media was incorrect in declaring this product compatible with the PAL system, when in truth it is not at all.
It is necessary to be able to set the audio carrier for PAL BG system, instead of DK, for the decoder to be compatible with the PAL system.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Why not put in a request for software to be able to change the freq of the audio, in your country of 5.5Mhz.
Also can you please confirm what connections you have on your tv.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”