GTMedia 7 Plus Signal Lock

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

mccla5214

GTMedia 7 Plus Signal Lock

Post by mccla5214 »

I am using the GT 7 Plus for amateur radio TV and need to find a way of monitoring signal lock externally. The V8 sat finder has a signal lock LED that shows signal lock and I am looking for a way to bring the same signal out externally to monitor with a Arduino CPU.

Thanks,

Mike

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTMedia 7 Plus Signal Lock

Post by Feralkiwi »

Maybe with the info page up you could monitor the signal bar on your TV.

Another way would be a tone type satellite finder in the LNB cable.
They show the 22kHz signal with LED's. If you have a switch setting in the antenna menu for DiSEqC 1.0 or 1.1, when there is "No Signal" the unit keeps re sending the switch command, so the 22kHz LED on the finder will flash.
When this stop flashing, there is signal lock.

You may even find a way to monitor the 22kHz directly with your Arduino CPU.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mccla5214

Post by mccla5214 »

Wish I could but the amateur transmitter (Hides HV-320) does not send 22 khz tones.

Mike

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mccla5214 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:09 am
Wish I could but the amateur transmitter (Hides HV-320) does not send 22 khz tones.

Mike
No.

The V7 unit sends out 22kHz tone signals in pulsed digital form to the DiSEqC switches so you can change from one satellite dish to another.
It is this 22kHz signal that the v7Plus will keep re sending until there is a signal lock, it you set one of the DiSEqC 1.0 or 1.1 menu setting in the antenna menu on the V7.
22kHz is also sent from the V7 to change a universal LNB from low band to high band, the change from 9750 to 10600 LNB frequency. 22kHz "ON" is high band.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mccla5214

Post by mccla5214 »

Ok I understand now I think, from the posts on this question, If I had one of the satellite finders with the 22Khz light, when the light is on it is not locked, light out, all is well. Is this right? Or is it the light will flash on and off as it switches LNB's then when it finds one, it's either on or off but stops flashing?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It will flash two or three sets or DiSEqC data and then stop flashing and then resend the DiSEqC commands again and stop.
You would need to watch for a longer stop time that would show it had lock. With No Signal these DiSEqC commands are sent every 10 second or so.

If you were looking for a very short lock time ( like a mic press and just hello spoken) this would not work for you.

If your dish is connected through a switch that does need DiSEqC switch commands, you could miss hearing a short transmission.
I therefore assume you have just the one dish directly connected to the V7Plus.
Even with a short transmission the unit may not lock, as low SR TP's take more time to lock.

I assume you are trying to set up a monitor for the channel so when someone talks you get an alarm.
Does the TP just power on for short times as someone presses and talks like a ground based repeater?
If so your Arduino CPU may be better set to monitor the HDMI output for change in the audio data.

Owen

mccla5214

Post by mccla5214 »

Hi Owen,

We are going to have -S and -T inputs coming into the repeater on different frequencies. We will be outputting on 23Cm at 30W and want to unkey the PTT on the final amplifer when there is no incoming signal. We've looked for some method like what the combiners use where they put up a no signal output (like if the HDMI input is gone on the PC Monitor) but have not found a way of detecting a valid HDMI signal on the video, so our fall back was to try and find a way to monitor the lock status of the incoming RF signal (like the lock light on the GT Finder V8 has) short of using the V8 units as receivers because the V7 has a much better input signal sensivity.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Mike/KA5TDA

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

PM sent

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”