V7 Pro signal loss issue

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Steve44

V7 Pro signal loss issue

Post by Steve44 »

Yesterday, I removed the old receiver, xxxxxxxxxx, which I did have signal loss from time to time due to the footprint of Eutelsat 113A in Canada, and installed the V7 Pro. Directly after scanning the only transponder I needed, I noticed I had some pixellation. Over the course of the next 10 minutes, a message came on the screen saying "Signal Loss" about 10-12 times. The picture came back right away, but I could not leave this receiver in like that. I had signal of 91 and quality of 52. I disconnected the V7 Pro, and connected the xxxxx, and had no signal loss issue, with a quality of only 38. I can't recall what the specs are on the LNB, so I'm going to pick up one with 60db gain, and a.3 Noise figure, and see if I can squeeze any more out of the 36" Dish. The TP I'm tuned to is 11984H, 3600SR. I have set the LO freq. to 10750 and LNB power to H. I tried different combinations to no avail.
Has anyone had signal issues like this with this receiver? I paid more for shipping, than I paid for the receiver, so sending it back is not an option, but I really need to solve this issue. Anyone have any ideas? I may have overlooked something. :roll:

STRETCH

Re: V7 Pro signal loss issue

Post by STRETCH »

What type of lnb do you use in your neck of the woods, most users who receiver signals from the KU band have their lnb setting as
Universal(9750-10600).

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Did your old unit have built in wifi?
Try running your old unit with the new V7Pro powered on with no LNB cable to see if the V7Pro wifi is then affecting your old unit.

Is your internet modem too close to the V7Pro unit.
I would think your old unit had a metal case, while the new unit is plastic.

I have found the V7Pro to be one of the best sensitivity units so far from GT Media.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Steve44

Post by Steve44 »

The old Receiver is plastic as well. It has NO wi-fi. The LNB is a standard 10750, 11.7-12.2Ghz unit. I haven't the time to get back to her until Thursday
or Friday, so any input is appreciated.
Thanks Guys!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Depending on you location, have read that you require a minimum dish size of 90cm (almost 36in) give or take a couple of cm's, that would be at the middle of the foot print, you may require a bigger dish 100cm / 120cm to receive the channel that you wish to receive.
Your V7 Pro may just be on the limit to receive a good lock of the satellite, you may also have to get another lnb, like a (Inverto Black) make sure the dish is correct to get a very good signal.

Den
The side of the pond.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”